Cardiff Devils v Hull Stingrays - 01/02 - Chat & Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Hey hey,

MNL will definately be running for this game from the usual location of

Devils are again without Campbell and Fulton, but recent signing Matt Elich will make his home debut for this game, along with Steve Fisher (possibly) making the step up from ENL.

Not entirely sure who the Stingrays are without, but they're definately without a full squad.

Chris.

Russky

We have to win tomorrow but cannot afford to take Hull for granted! They have surprised us before on our own ice pad so we have to remain focussed, professional and not consider the game won before we take to the ice.

ASHIPP

Agree with you, Russky. The Stingrays have lost their games last night and tonight - they will be trying their hardest not to lose tomorrow night. They need the points and so do we. With Manchester losing tonight, we have another chance to close the gap with games in hand. Let's pray for a good win for us. :)

As long as tonight's game isn't as bad as when these 2 met in the Challange Cup I'll be happy - that game was shockingly bad.

Must win game for the Devils against a team who've only won 10 out of 40 league games! As already mentioned, Stingrays have stung (sorry) us before on home ice before in the past couple of seasons, so we can't take them for granted.

I'm going for a 3-1 win with Elich getting on the scoresheet.

GOAL Jarvis, he seems to be getting a lot of goals these days, tbh i'd say hes the suprise signing of the season, wasn't expecting a lot of him but he seems to be doing very well, would love to see him back next season.

Wannabe2

Lost 2-1 in the last 30sec, was a pretty poor game, hull very boring, but we could only score once and that was from a D man, as the game started to come to a close you could see what was going to happen, and guess what it did. Tonight was a bad day at the office, but the new guy looks pretty decent.

Awful, just an awful game of hockey.

Devils were **** and rays were worse. Devils dominated the whole game, even when on th PK were in the rays zone. Elich looks good and had a good shout at MOM, Voth was devils MOM (Voted by the fans via bluetooth)- PLEASE don't let the fans vote again as IMO Voth had one of his worse games in a while, missed 2or 3 1on1 opportunities, couldnt stop (hit our players and the ref and linos a few times, i'm sure he was skating with his eyes closed......Prpich missed a sitter right in front of net. Latulippe took a silly penalty with under 2 mins left, and kinda killed the game. If I were G i wouldnt have let them go to watch superbowl tonight, i'df have them on the ice.

How Kalminkov got MOM i'm not sure. He hit Latulippe in the head 3 times with no calls? Glowa wasn't playing like i've seen him before, Slona??(Sp?) was good i thought. Ref was ok (didn't even catch who it was) seemed he wanted to go out get drunk and watch the superbowl too as i think he called about 4 penalties all night. (saying that not that much went on).

It was like watching under 10 hockey, players chasing the puck, in bunches, falling over eachother. Probably the worst game this season, if not that i've seen in the last 6 seasons!!

Credit to Hull, kept trying all night (until the final buzzer) and seemed to be rewarded for that. :)

Kids in block 10? below sponsers were being idiots swinging hoodies round, and could see Burge looking at them. Chanting for Hull with Cardiff Accents i think!!!! idiots.

A couple of things about tonights game, Hull played there usual game and came away with the points so hats off to them ! You could see the players getting frustrated and the penalty that Jay took in the last 2 minutes was just stupid !I hope G tells him so as well , he did the same against the panthers the other week and missed the game in Manchester the following night, we are short benched as it is so taking unnecessary penalties we can do without ! The M.O.M. tonight was voted for by the fans using there phones, Brad getting it i think shows that a lot of people will just vote for their favorite player, it used to happen every week on the away travel coaches certain fans would just vote for their favorite no matter what ! Anyway thats my moan over :D

My man of the match was Ben Davies but not sure if my vote got through either, when sent the vote there were loads of "Cardiff Devils Free Message" devices so I just picked one and sent it, not sure if there are meant to be more than one or not.

I thought Ben had another great game, he hassled the defence, put some good shots in and played a couple of great passes especially the one from behind the net which went through about 3 hull defenders and straight to one of our team, I wish the rest of the team could pass like that.

mazza03

Rubbish game, we should never have lost it we seemed to just give up and let a stupid goal in the Jay gets two minutes and that was the end. :evil: As for the voting lark my vote was for Ben but it just wouldn't go through don't know what went wrong. Overall a very dull and cold night.

Looks like i did the better thing then... travelled 30 miles, went into the foyer and then went home!!! Result... been told the game/crowd atmosphere was dire...

This was the worst game i have seen all season long, not a bad crowd but the atmosphere was non existant absolute garbage. And as for the action well what action it was like watching paint dry? it was like the team we're going through the motions expecting to win the game quite comfortably and then they could all toddle off and watch the Superbowl and get hammered.. well i am sorry G has to get this sorted here and now as i am fed up of watching a bunch of losers week in and week out, sure we have had our fair share of injuries (more than most i know) but we don't seem to have the desire to go out there and fight for every point it is like our heads drop and that is the end of it, and after tonight's display i can't wait for the season to end now...

Really fed up of it.

Atmosphere was dire and how we ever lost that i dont know. Fair play to Hull for keeping the pressure on though...

I couldnt get the bluetooth thing to work on my phone so couldnt vote and neither could my girlfriend on her phone. It annoyed me Voth getting MoM, really hope we dont see this week in week out now. He did nothing special. Jarvis was a contender as was Ben but i'd probably have given it to Elich.

Elich is one of the few good things coming out of tonights game. He seemed pretty positive and i look forward to seeing more from him. He seemed to be constantly trying and never gave up all night. He seemed hungry for goals and eagar to impress so full marks for effort.

Anyway, superbowl time now so im gonna go and try to warm up a bit in front of the tv :D

Sliput

dave hardman said:
This was the worst game i have seen all season long, not a bad crowd but the atmosphere was non existant absolute garbage. And as for the action well what action it was like watching paint dry? it was like the team we're going through the motions expecting to win the game quite comfortably and then they could all toddle off and watch the Superbowl and get hammered.. well i am sorry G has to get this sorted here and now as i am fed up of watching a bunch of losers week in and week out, sure we have had our fair share of injuries (more than most i know) but we don't seem to have the desire to go out there and fight for every point it is like our heads drop and that is the end of it, and after tonight's display i can't wait for the season to end now...

Really fed up of it.
Slightly unfair.....the last few games the team have played with 100% commitment but have simply ran out of gas. I wasnt there tonight as i point blankly refuse to watch any game involving Hull as i can be just as bored to tears sitting at home watching paint dry but i did go to Basingstoke on Saturday and even though they didnt really have to the guys played well.

In all honesty , what would you want G to do ? (Genuine question)

Gazza272

I cant fault the effort of the guys tongiht once again, but we need to start finishing our chances and we need to start doing it now. we hit the post 3 times again this evening and i guess the guys in their quest to embrace welsh heritage have embraced Rugby given how high some of the shots were tongiht!

i dont see the problem in Voth getting MOM really he wasnt as underserving as the impression i get on here, he hit loads, he was positive in going forward and probably created some decent chances. Elich though i believe will be a great wing partner for Silverthorn when he returns and i think Silverthorn will compliment him well. the turn of speed on Elich was a joy to be hold at times he can pick up speed without even trying, his burst in the final minute showed this, really excited about this signing.

ultimatly though this team is sadly imo going to win nothing and why? pure and simple hockey logic we arent going to score more than we conceed. if we had Manchesters offence with our defence then we would be sitting in spots 1 or 2. that for me is the difference maker.