Cardiff Devils Tickets - Living Social Deal

DevilDom

Chris

Administrator
Could it be that we're just trying to get more people through the doors to a midweek fixture?

Our attendances for midweek games must be pretty low, and with the recent string of results and the ongoing shenanigans Thursday could be lower than normal.

Admittedly I have no idea if that's the case, but bearing in mind the cut these websites take from the things they sell, how would offering the tickets cheaper be more beneficial to the club if it is skint?

Have Hope#35

DevilDom said:
dave hardman said:
djc7 said:
Tickets for the Devils v Giants game on Thursday - £8 for Adults and £3 for Children

https://www.livingsocial.com/united...f/deals/888672-ticket-to-see-devils-vs-giants
We must be skint then
That was my first thought too!

If so, how can we get it so wrong (again) on the finances? We are only 6 weeks into the season and despite the home losses crowds appear to be ok.
Could it not just be that they want a sell out crowd? A fair amount of tickets for this game seem to have been sold already (at full price)... With the on-going saga at the club it's a reasonable tactic for trying to get people to the game, it's late in the day to put something like this out to the public and most regulars will have already bought their tickets, I know I have.

Could be a clever move if the team perform on Thursday, I don't think we can underestimate the importance of this game... We need to see a united team with all that's gone on!?

DevilDom

Chris said:
Could it be that we're just trying to get more people through the doors to a midweek fixture?

Our attendances for midweek games must be pretty low, and with the recent string of results and the ongoing shenanigans Thursday could be lower than normal.

Admittedly I have no idea if that's the case, but bearing in mind the cut these websites take from the things they sell, how would offering the tickets cheaper be more beneficial to the club if it is skint?
Yeah, could be. I guess with all the negativity at the moment my first thought was a negative one!

I guess as well we are playing the Giants for the 3rd time at home in a matter of weeks (whoever agreed to that?) so it is probably a difficult one to sell.

TheStub

A mid week ticket deal makes a bit of sense. Hopefully it'll get people through the site and a decent crowd. With the fees those sites take, they won't make money on the deal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

Foxy

Even though PR when justifying the raise in season ticket prices said there would be no more deals like this..........

I thought they said it would be limited to two per season? I also thought it was said about last season, not this.

I'd rather the rink be busy, if my ST becomes worth a.little less I can live with that as it's for the good of the club.

bluedevil said:
I thought they said it would be limited to two per season? I also thought it was said about last season, not this.

I'd rather the rink be busy, if my ST becomes worth a.little less I can live with that as it's for the good of the club.

+1

BostonBart22

already bought my ticket last week , not bothered about that, good deal for newbies to see belfast rather than past games on deals against the stingrays and caps, hopefully a good atmosphere thursday, i think these sites get about 8% of tickets sold, not sure about that though.

Sheincar

BostonBart22 said:
already bought my ticket last week , not bothered about that, good deal for newbies to see belfast rather than past games on deals against the stingrays and caps, hopefully a good atmosphere thursday, i think these sites get about 8% of tickets sold, not sure about that though.
Good atmosphere!! You're having a laugh! We can't get one of those when things are good. Why should we get one when we've sacked a player, G moved on to bench with Dope so we're two players down & no news on Lord.

TheStub

Sheincar said:
BostonBart22 said:
Good atmosphere!! You're having a laugh! We can't get one of those when things are good. Why should we get one when we've sacked a player, G moved on to bench with Dope so we're two players down & no news on Lord.
What has that for to do with atmosphere?

How about we give it a chance before we write it off.

TheStub said:
Sheincar said:
BostonBart22 said:
What has that for to do with atmosphere?

How about we give it a chance before we write it off.
Don't be silly. It wouldn't be an inferno thread without Sheincar's constant misery :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Sheincar said:
Wow I've made 1 post in this whole debacle & I'm constant misery. Unbelievable. Where's all the pre season happy clappers now?
We'll just ignore every post from the last year or so then...

Sheincar

danhall76 said:
Sheincar said:
Wow I've made 1 post in this whole debacle & I'm constant misery. Unbelievable. Where's all the pre season happy clappers now?
We'll just ignore every post from the last year or so then...

I'm sure you've already done that though I wasn't aware THIS debacle had been going on for the last year. You don't like my opinions? Tough!

Have Hope#35

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Foxy said:
Even though PR when justifying the raise in season ticket prices said there would be no more deals like this..........
When will people learn ?, Don,t believe a word that gets put out
And there was me thinking the season ticket prices went up to incorporate the CC Games?