Cardiff Devils on Groupon

osh

The deal is just about to close and nearly 2000 seats sold!! so an average of about 666 per game, those games could now become sell outs!! Hopefully any 1st timers to a game will like what they see and come back for more.

It just goes to show how much demand there is for these 'lower tier' games when the price is right. I do hope the Devils management are taking note.

TheStub

Re: Re: Cardiff Devils on Groupon

Ger-Devils said:
I just hope they all don't want tickets for the 1st game on the deal.............
Even if they do, it wouldn't matter. First come first served :D

Imagine if we had a capacity crowd against the lower sides? Now that would be mental, and provide the best atmosphere to tempt them back :lol:

Skippy

Re: Re: Re: Cardiff Devils on Groupon

TheStub said:
Even if they do, it wouldn't matter. First come first served :D

Imagine if we had a capacity crowd against the lower sides? Now that would be mental, and provide the best atmosphere to tempt them back :lol:
Would it bring them back ? These games are normally pretty dull one sided affairs.

Watching a bunch of SNL level kids and Eastern European players get slaughtered out in the ice isn't all that exciting.

Sort of like Christians vs lions in Roman times maybe ?

Glad they have done a promo, but I do worry people won't be impressed by what they see.

skippy said:
Would it bring them back ? These games are normally pretty dull one sided affairs.

Watching a bunch of SNL level kids and Eastern European players get slaughtered out in the ice isn't all that exciting.

Sort of like Christians vs lions in Roman times maybe ?

Glad they have done a promo, but I do worry people won't be impressed by what they see.
Christians v Lions was pretty popular!

The first 2 home games for Cardiff Devils were 32-0 and 40-0
That first season was full of one sided games, but people were new to the sport and loved it.
Kept them coming back, and if it does the same again, where's the problem?

Skippy

Imagine said:
Christians v Lions was pretty popular!

The first 2 home games for Cardiff Devils were 32-0 and 40-0
That first season was full of one sided games, but people were new to the sport and loved it.
Kept them coming back, and if it does the same again, where's the problem?
Very true very popular bit more than a bit onsided :D

From my experience I had some mates from work who were intrested last season during the winning streak. I suggeted that they come along for a Nottingham of Sheffield game to see how good it can be.

They looked at the games and ended up getting tickets on a cheap deal and came along to see the Edingburgh game. They watched the first period, a bit of the second had a beer and then left during the third period.

I just worry that the low standard won't attract new fans. I know it did back in the day but how much was a ticket then ? Im guessing less than it is now?

Just booked 4 child tickets on the offer and there is still 12 hours it says on the offer to book tickets. So hopefully more people will book and the bbt will be full.