Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

Swarley

Great to have our enforcer back to take over from big lou..
I love your enthusiasm but no lol

Lou was the last of the enforcers, Brandt I can see making players second guess themselves when the pucks near them but as an enforcer no Brandt isn't that sorta player, he'll fight when he absolutely must but I'd rather have him on the ice being the wrecking ball he is with his clean hits.

Finny

The only way clubs in this league can compete with the high player budgeting teams is by building core foundations. Bringing together both young and old, developing with a strong coaching team. The last few yrs the club have demonstrated perfectly by doing the opposite..
struggling to work out what the opposite of bringing together both young and old is?
bringing together old and young?

Kevlar68

Great to see Brandt back. Not sure of the enforcer label but definitely doesn't shy away from confrontation and gives his all for the team so a very welcome signing.

Obviously I’ve got some first hand experience with this kid. Jenks, incredibly disappointed that you didn’t make this connection. I’ve still got faith in you though.

Ryan is one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. Better yet, he’s all about team and all about winning. He can play anywhere in the lineup from first line to third. Plays with pace, has size, showed that he can contribute offensively and is a great PK guy. Ask him to do something and it’s done. The kind of guy that top teams have in their lineup. Experience in our league is a great help as well. As far as I can recall, I believe I’ve read Inferno posters looking for change, youth, size, speed and league experience. Hmmmmm. I sure hope the people that are negative on this signing start smiling A little more!
We could sign Nathan MacKinnon and we would still get negative comments on here, I personally think he's a great pick up (as Todd would say). I just hope you also managed to sign up his line mate Ohrvall.

kristian

Do we also after to factor in if Batch and Bowns are back will both be on paternity leave at some point during the season. Bowns more then Batch just because of the position they play.

Rempel16

No need to worry yourself, MacKinnon is still tied in to four or five years of an eight year deal.
He meant Orhvall didn’t he?

I’ve got a feeling we are going to see Penny back so I think there’s room for 2 top liners unless Barrow is one and Crandall/Pietroniro is back for the 3rd line, in which case there’s still 1 top line spot available.

jenks33

Looking at the forwards that have been confirmed I’m hoping we are still going to announce two new forwards to play alongside Arniel on the top line (hopefully Cole Ully is one of those) and a new third line centre. To be honest I’ll be very disappointed if Penny is back. You wouldn’t say he was as big of a disappointment as Brittain was but he was still bang average.

Wannabe2

Looking at the forwards that have been confirmed I’m hoping we are still going to announce two new forwards to play alongside Arniel on the top line (hopefully Cole Ully is one of those) and a new third line centre. To be honest I’ll be very disappointed if Penny is back. You wouldn’t say he was as big of a disappointment as Brittain was but he was still bang average.
Totally agree, need a new face instead.