Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2023/24

As a counter, we look forward to the summit announcements! The owners obviously enjoy doing them and I can’t see the harm in it. Doesn’t mean the season won’t be taken seriously! Agreed though, it’s a shame so many names get out beforehand.
But back on topic…very good news that our goat is back. Welcome back Joey!

RedDevil17

As a counter, we look forward to the summit announcements! The owners obviously enjoy doing them and I can’t see the harm in it. Doesn’t mean the season won’t be taken seriously! Agreed though, it’s a shame so many names get out beforehand.
But back on topic…very good news that our goat is back. Welcome back Joey!
Don’t forget some if not most of the signings announced at the summit last year turned out to be pretty shit for us during the season just gone.

Last edited:

Finny

I think there is certainly still a place for the Summit and I cant be the only Devils fan who looks forward to it. When we had CHL fixtures it was a sign that we were less than a month away from pre-season and a sign the off-season was all but over.

Last year it didn’t quite work. The idea of pre-recording announcements was wise but the application wasn’t. There were also IMO too many announcements so they all got lost amongst each other.

id restrict it to 4 signings, one per owner. If Russell is there then a quick 30 second comment from him on the player. Followed by a full JD interview on the website

I’d also like interviews with the owners on their thoughts on the season gone, what went well and what they want to change for coming seasons. Maybe also a quick tour of where they are etc.

IT problems are often an issue depending on where it’s held, but I’m more than willing to offer my assistance if they want to fly me out!!! ;)

Kevlar68

The summit was underwhelming and not that professional in it's execution.
Also I myself would use the summit for new signings only not re-signings.
Some parts were so badly filmed last year it had the resemblance of The Blair Witch Project.
Do it right or just don't do it at all.

Pleximan

Great to see Joey Martin re-sign, really good news. I am hoping to see how the roster is going to look before I commit to a new ST though and it's looking very like the deadline is going to arrive first so I may well be losing my seat before I make that decision.
Last season was frustrating to watch so I'm very much on the fence right now regarding ST renewal.
I think the summit is still good to look forward to but for me I would find it better to listen to the owners thoughts on last and next season and leave the signings to be announced every Friday through the off season. So I guess I'm really hoping for 1 or 2 new signings next Friday before the ST deadline.

BostonBart22

Great to see Joey Martin re-sign, really good news. I am hoping to see how the roster is going to look before I commit to a new ST though and it's looking very like the deadline is going to arrive first so I may well be losing my seat before I make that decision.
Last season was frustrating to watch so I'm very much on the fence right now regarding ST renewal.
I think the summit is still good to look forward to but for me I would find it better to listen to the owners thoughts on last and next season and leave the signings to be announced every Friday through the off season. So I guess I'm really hoping for 1 or 2 new signings next Friday before the ST deadline.
Sanford and Cox a must, listening to the goat he loves them ..

kingmo19.1

I enjoy the summit and it’s nice to see the owners having fun and being relaxed about the format and content. It’s original and a lot more refreshing than some boring sterile polished PR driven exercise.

I’m delighted they are onboard with doing these things - it’s refreshing from other teams just issuing formal announcements.

Devils86

Unclear at the moment as to whether he'll be with the Devils on two-way but it doesn't look promising given it wasn't announced in the press release but Reece Kelly signs in Swindon

https://swindonwildcats.com/post/reece-kelly-joins-the-wildcats/

ALSO in other news - TK announced Will Kerlin to the ice on Saturday night as either 'just signed for' or 'about to sign for' MK Lightning Will Kerlin...

Couple of the two-ways either moving on completely or just wanting to move on from the Pitbulls...

Again, unclear

Last edited:

RedDevil17

If the Devils aren’t ready to announce any new signings yet, at least announce those that won’t be back.
This is common place in other sports and will give the fans confidence that the under performers won’t be re-signed!
So most of the team then bar the Brits and a few imports who actually decided to put in the work. Some however should be ashamed with their work ethic.