Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2022/23

Swarley

I had a weird feeling when reading the names, read the first 3 and was feeling good then saw Bowns and honestly my heart sank.
I know some will be over the moon about it and good on them but after Carruth its a step backwards unless we sign another nettie and Bowns is second, if Bowns is first choice i will be on pins every game as to which Bowns is going to show up and that's not a good feeling.
Ah well, onwards and upwards.
I have the upmost respect for Bowns and his ability but after hearing the "he's won it all and nothing left for him to do in this league" and the fact Carruth was pretty much shown the door I have mixed feelings, especially as Bowns has had a nasty injury when he was in Graz99ers.

I'm hoping we don't go back to relying solely on Bowns to win it for us.

Rempel16

I’m happy with Bowns.
He’s not the standard of Carruth but there’s no guarantees that we’d get an import of that standard again anyway. Steelers didn’t.

I know what I’m getting with Bowns and that’s a chance to win every night with an extra import on the ice. I’ll take that.

Kevlar68

Your right, everyone allowed an opinion whether they're happy he is back or not.
I would be more than happy to be proven wrong with my thoughts.
But the truths are there, not better than Carruth or even equal to, bad injury will definitely have an impact on agility, poor GB performance no matter who he was playing against his own performance was poor and you can't say it was good BUT i do hope he proves me wrong.

Rempel16

Completely agree. My opinion differs to lots of you on this one, but it doesn’t make mine more valid or yours less valid.

I’m sure he will still get a warm ovation when he pulls on the jersey.

BostonBart22

If carruth stayed what's to say he would have a great season, it could've been a one off, nobody knows, he's history now we got the GB#1 ok he had a few slipups in finland , all keepers do, let's not forget who we were playing and tbh our defence was shite on times., so let's get behind the players we sign and move on.

Swarley

Your right, everyone allowed an opinion whether they're happy he is back or not.
I would be more than happy to be proven wrong with my thoughts.
But the truths are there, not better than Carruth or even equal to, bad injury will definitely have an impact on agility, poor GB performance no matter who he was playing against his own performance was poor and you can't say it was good BUT i do hope he proves me wrong.
On the plus side he's still an upgrade from whistle at least!

Kevlar68

If carruth stayed what's to say he would have a great season, it could've been a one off, nobody knows, he's history now we got the GB#1 ok he had a few slipups in finland , all keepers do, let's not forget who we were playing and tbh our defence was shite on times., so let's get behind the players we sign and move on.
Don't get me wrong i get behind the team as a whole unit, one man does not make a team.
Roll on 2022/23 season. Need to see fixtures now to decide if renewing season ticket or not.

moggy#9

Cougler and Martyn as centers is awesome start.
Happy with Bowns as he still is a good goalie and frees up a slot (hoping we have a Kozan partnering)
The spine if the team is certainly stronger, particularly if we can keep Dixon for the third line. If Martin centers the first line I'm concerned about the lack of anyone big to go to the net on that line if we keep Reid and Crandall.

If we keep kozun I'm concerned about the reliability of our netminding. I'd also want to be seeing a pretty even spread of starts.