Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Well, you'd have to expect that either Dixon or Ulmer arent returning with that news. Always a tough one to take seeing good players go, but welcome Mike! You'll like it here

jenks33

Yeah surely this guy is Ulmer’s replacement. You’d be looking for Ulmer’s replacement to get you 45-50 points and I think this guy will do that. I’m sure Lordo hopes Mcnamee will be a Ulmer/Asselin type. Unlikely to get you 60 points but will score big goals at crucial times.

Does look a bit of an unknown quantity, but his stats are decent and - more importantly, I feel - he's under 30. I think we are seeing Ulmer's successor, but I'm excited to see what McNamee can do in his own right. Hope he goes well.

jenks33

I can see this guy getting 60/70 points this season in a team with Martin and linglet
He won’t be on a line with martin and Linglet all season tho. I’m sure he will play with them because we will juggle the lines throughout the season. I think he’ll get 55 points tops. He is a bit of an unknown quantity though so he might come here and surprise everyone

jenks33

He will guaranteed be on a line with one of them. He’s what we have been missing.
“He’s what we have been missing” Thats a hell of a statement. He’s 26 and has played one season in DEL2 and one in Denmark. Both decent leagues but he’s not a Linglet or a Dwyer who’s Cv’s you looked at and thought they will definitely score a lot of points in this league. I’m not saying he definitely won’t ( who thought Murphy and lake would score nearly 80 points last season) but to say he’s what we’ve been missing is a bit much.

osh

First new face for the upcoming season. Haven’t seen or heard of him before to be honest but has played at a similar standard to the Elite league by the looks of it. Looks likely to be a 3rd line centre, but who knows, he may settle very quickly, have chemistry with certain linemates in practice and find a slot higher up. Obviously Lord seems more than happy so that’s fine by me, welcome to Cardiff Mike.

Gazza272

“He’s what we have been missing” Thats a hell of a statement. He’s 26 and has played one season in DEL2 and one in Denmark. Both decent leagues but he’s not a Linglet or a Dwyer who’s Cv’s you looked at and thought they will definitely score a lot of points in this league. I’m not saying he definitely won’t ( who thought Murphy and lake would score nearly 80 points last season) but to say he’s what we’ve been missing is a bit much.
that would depend on what your missing though? For example, lots of folk on here crave an enforcer on the 4th line, if we were to sign one, they wouldn't be a Dwyer either.

Arguably, we didnt replace the scoring on lines 3 and 4 with the departures of Crowder and Faryna. This guy looks like he can fill in that gap, so I think an argument could be made he's what we were missing.

jenks33

that would depend on what your missing though? For example, lots of folk on here crave an enforcer on the 4th line, if we were to sign one, they wouldn't be a Dwyer either.

Arguably, we didnt replace the scoring on lines 3 and 4 with the departures of Crowder and Faryna. This guy looks like he can fill in that gap, so I think an argument could be made he's what we were missing.
Yes but Devilsatw said he will be paired with Martin and Linglet, will get 60/70 points and he’s what we’ve been missing. Nothing about being on the 3rd/4th line. So that’s the main reason I questioned the post

Devilsatw

I base it on how many times linglet had the puck in the offensive zone and had no one to pass too. His brain was always a split second faster than anyone else. I think McNamee will be a perfect match for him and score a ton of goals

ASHIPP

Lordo emphasises this player's speed as one of his biggest assets - a weakness on our team exposed when playing against Guildford and Belfast last season. Can only imagine he will be replacing either Dixon or Ulmer. If he previously played with James Livingstone perhaps the two will be re-united on a line? It's all about chemistry to produce results. Welcome to Cardiff, Mike.

Wannabe2

What a great squad we have so far, really excited about this coming season and can’t wait. Again our ownership has done us proud, and the Dream goes on, and a huge thank you to everyone of you guys. What a awesome feeling to be without a doubt the top club in the Country, teams are strengthening this season, and that’s exactly what we are doing, huge welcome to the new lads, and a huge welcome to the lads coming back. How neat to have season tickets for this amazing club, what a great position to be in.