Cardiff Devils - Braehead Clan - Sat 19th - 7:00pm - League

Re: Cardiff Devils - Braehead Clan - Sat 19th - 7:00pm - Lea

I thought it was a great game that was spoiled by poor officials, the amount of missed or wrong calls was shocking. Hogarth way out of his depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheincar said:
So many bizarre calls probably meant Devils couldn't play usual game. How Hendrikx got 5 for fighting when there was barely a punch thrown & the Braehead player instigated it! Think refs/linesmen need to read up on hand pass & offside plus disallow kicked in goals! Still at least we had OT!
Hendrikx I agree with, why do official(s) last night need to read up on hand pass or offside rules? Also goal came off players skate but with no kicking motion then goal shall stand!

BostonBart22 said:
Agree with ref out of his depth, call on batch 2 plus 10, REALLY ! plus he called hervato for tripping in 2nd period , put his arm up bout 5 seconds after apparent trip, and why does it take linos so long to drop the puck, motten worse culprit. had my gripe now onto the game, very similar to the panthers game, i thought third period was our best lets hope we got enough in the tank for another sunday 5pm f.off tonight, good to see the owners getting involved with the fans they seemed to enjoy themselves as well.
2 + 10 was mental but making a silly hit like that in front of the ref is asking for trouble.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wildthing74

Frustrating game and Clan were lucky getting a point with 2 fluke goals in off skates and both coming at a time when we were dominating.Holt is a superb goalie and he stopped us winning more comfortably.

That said I was impressed with Clan and they have a lot more skill than last year and some really tricky forwards.Benny was superb for them and defiantly showed he is at home at this level even with the import limit increasing.Disappointed in his dive but overall he was superb playing on PK,PP & 5 on 5.

Meyer and Keith are still sneaking little turds with their stick work and lots of times it seemed the officials were turning a blind eye.Like been said Hogarth is not close to EIHL level and is as poor as any of the rubbish refs we've had in recent years.

I must admit I was hoping Salters would have been on a line with Kurka and Doucet but Haddad on that line makes them so sweet to watch.He has been the stand out player so far for me and allows so much space for his line mates as his agressive play is creating turnovers all over the place and I hope that line is kept together.

Clan look good enough to again dominate their conference and surely it makes them favourites for the league?Good to see them using their Brits too and Haywood has massively improved and was good when I saw him for GB too.Sullivan for a small guy players a good strong game on D and I think Finner has a good squad.

I know we've had the debate over and over but I really wish every team played each other the same amount of times as theses points picked up in cross conference games really give them an advantage in the overall league standings.

Sheincar

devilflame said:
Sheincar said:
So many bizarre calls probably meant Devils couldn't play usual game. How Hendrikx got 5 for fighting when there was barely a punch thrown & the Braehead player instigated it! Think refs/linesmen need to read up on hand pass & offside plus disallow kicked in goals! Still at least we had OT!
Hendrikx I agree with, why do official(s) last night need to read up on hand pass or offside rules? Also goal came off players skate but with no kicking motion then goal shall stand!
Offside called late/not at all/players not offside. Hand pass didn't I thought include dropping puck straight down. Didn't see goals but around were saying kicked.

James

Administrator

Definitely no kicking motion on the one. We had a clear view from where we stand by skate hire.

august04

danhall76 said:
BostonBart22 said:
Agree with ref out of his depth, call on batch 2 plus 10, REALLY ! plus he called hervato for tripping in 2nd period , put his arm up bout 5 seconds after apparent trip, and why does it take linos so long to drop the puck, motten worse culprit. had my gripe now onto the game, very similar to the panthers game, i thought third period was our best lets hope we got enough in the tank for another sunday 5pm f.off tonight, good to see the owners getting involved with the fans they seemed to enjoy themselves as well.
2 + 10 was mental but making a silly hit like that in front of the ref is asking for trouble.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Haven't seen a replay but at the time I thought it was the right call.

jimmy snels

No kicking on their goal, the bloke didn't even know he had scored for a second or two.

Sorry lady block 5 :oops:

bb1

Great win still considering we aren't quite clicking. I must be honest though for most of the game I was bored. The start of this season has yet to excite me.

Last season we had a team of guys who were put together in a matter of weeks and turned up and played like a team that had been together for years. We don't seem to have that same chemistry and the guys so far don't look like they are having as much fun. Last season as guys came skated around rink after games with Hotham clowning around with Dougie etc... with a couple of new faces coming in obv the chemistry will change etc...

I can't fault the fact we are winning but it's the manner of the win. We don't seem to have much grit and physical forechecking (other than Hervato). PLEASE, PLEASE Lordo let Salters off the leash if he's on it. Hope he's not injured which may also be the case.

mazza03 said:
Sheincar said:
It was Hicks after all, jumped up little pip squeak. :DWD
Should have gone to Specsavers mazza, it was Hogarth not Hicks :lol:

On the subject of nms think a lot comes down to perceptions on the night. If your nm lets in a goal it's soft, he's rubbish etc.etc. if the opposing nm makes a save he's awesome. From the highlights of last night's game there is very little difference between the goals conceded at either end. And, as a matter of interest, Bownsy has better head to head stats than the opposition nm in all games so far except the Steelers mauling, which may come as a surprise to some given the comments on social media. Whilst looking at the goals which go in (which some feel cost 1 point) you also have to note the saves at key points (which always contribute to the 2 points). It's early in the season, 4 wins out of 5, no need to press the panic button just yet. Most teams appear to have improved this season, there will be some cracking games I'm sure. Some results will go against the Devils, hopefully the majority will be in their favour.

E.D.S.

Apologies....When you say "highlights of last nights game" are they posted somewhere? I can't find them. Could you sign post me please? Thanks

bdevil

Anyone else spot that on the Haddad-Kurka-Doucet line that Haddad was taking all face offs rather than Kurka?

Face off losses are affecting us a lot on the power play I feel, hope Culli can bring back some stability.. From what I remember he was fairly successful last year, or am I wrong?

mazza03

phil PLT said:
mazza03 said:
Sheincar said:
It was Hicks after all, jumped up little pip squeak. :DWD
Should have gone to Specsavers mazza, it was Hogarth not Hicks :lol:
I know now but he looked and acted like Hicks hence the mistaken identity :D

Mooney#16

Oh now you've gone and done it. I thought he was Dutch these days anyway.