Cardiff Devils - Arrivals & Departures 2012/13

Ger-Devils said:
Glad he's gone. Nice enough guy but much better players available.
Don't want to start an argument here but you must be watching a different VDK as I thought he put a lot of work in, and was always reliable at the back and looked good when he moved forward!

It's not all about points on the board with D men it's about supporting the forwards and stopping the attack from the opposition, and for me he did that and put a few points on the board as a bonus!

jimmy snels

this is what's great about debate :)

i actually agree with the reasoning stats don't prove everything but Im saying it to say i think he put up gud points but was to weak on the puck under pressure, didn't use his size enough and gave up to many sloppy passes!

good luck to many VDV tho seemed like a happy team guy :)

KaneDevils

Vanderveeken has signed for the Mavericks in the CHL
same team as Colt King. Bang goes my hopes of seeing him in a Devils kit, at least for another season. Think he would of been the perfect "replacement" for Voth. Oh well.

voth26

KaneDevils said:
Vanderveeken has signed for the Mavericks in the CHL
same team as Colt King. Bang goes my hopes of seeing him in a Devils kit, at least for another season. Think he would of been the perfect "replacement" for Voth. Oh well.
I'd have had vdv back this season, but I dont think he was anywhere near being voths replacement, voth was a lot more aggressive alround jamie always seemed to me to be to nice to be nasty, i was always waiting for him to try and put a player through the plexi, having said that you couldnt fault his commitment to the devils and always tried to make amends for any errors he made. a pity a few more of the imports didnt show/feel the same commitment as vdv all the best jamie thanks for your visit to the devils

Re: Cardiff Devils - Arrivals & Departures 2012/13

I think he was referring to colt king and not vdv. I would have loved to have seen colt in our team this year, but it wasn't to be!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Ooh, G has just tweeted "Christmas come early. Nice bit of signed paper delivered last night. We've got our new fan favourite on board with more good news to come. "
Wonder who that is...?