cardiff devils and Shannon Hope just seen on the news.

Thread starter #1
Shannon paid a taxi £1400 to bring him back from the cezch republic.

Surely there were better things to spend £1400 on. Meetings he had to be back for apparently. Just hope he doesnt take that money out of the devils. Thats a lot of budget gone in one swoop there.....

DevilDom

:shock: Me too! Mind you if its work related then where else is it going to come from?

They must be really really important meetings. :roll:

Kipper

I would expect that all the passengers shared the fare between them as the trip wasn't on Devils business.It wasn't just Shannon and Brent that travelled back from Czech Republic, they shared with other UK based colleagues from a veterans hockey tournament.In my view they both showed admirable commitment to get back in time for important meetings, one of which sounds like an important meeting with a key sponsor.

Where has there been any suggestion that the fare was paid out of Devils funds? Even if it was, it's none of our business.

Thread starter #4
Kipper said:
I would expect that all the passengers shared the fare between them as the trip wasn't on Devils business.It wasn't just Shannon and Brent that travelled back from Czech Republic, they shared with other UK based colleagues from a veterans hockey tournament.In my view they both showed admirable commitment to get back in time for important meetings, one of which sounds like an important meeting with a key sponsor.

Where has there been any suggestion that the fare was paid out of Devils funds? Even if it was, it's none of our business.
it was just more of a question? to be honest Kip.

Not having a dig at anyone in particular just stating on the news it came across as it was just shannon paying £1400.

I stand corrected. If it is anything else and if it is out of shannon's pocket then thats alot of money to lose.

Koop11

Kipper is absolutely correct. There were others involved, one of the meetings Shannon had was apparently with a potential sponsor for next season and it’s none of our business how they paid to get back home.

Bottom line in all this is that the tough journey they went on made front page of the echo and the Welsh news. This was all unexpected publicity for the Devils. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Wannabe2

And Shannon and Brent are the two imports we are signing this week, thats the Defence sorted, Ruggles and Cadieux apparently also returning. :lol:

Finny

John Lawless will also be announced as our first line enfrorcer at the end of August too.

Nothing to worry about folks!

DevilDom

Finny said:
Due to this the wage budget has now been cut by another 50% for next season.

FACT!
Surely this should be posted on the rumours thread until there is an official press statement from the Devils? ;)

DevilDom

James said:
if it's FACT! not a rumour, no. We could start another thread for lies, exaggerations and leg pulling if you'd rather :D
It's mot Fact until Shannon, Matt, Paul or Gerard has released a press statement signed by all stating so! ;)

drainage

Finny said:
I though if you posted the word "Fact" after something in capital letters, it wasn't allowed to be disputed?
FACT has to be followed by !!! not ! - this then means its unrefutable , as reliable as an article in the Sun and will be debated tonight by the 3 party leaders !

Finny

Thanks for all the tips guys. Next time I decide to make something up....... I mean get some inside knowledge ..... I shall put them in my post.

DevilDom

Finny said:
Thanks for all the tips guys. Next time I decide to make something up....... I mean get some inside knowledge ..... I shall put them in my post.
I'm sure people haven't purposely been making things up as you imply. They have obviously heard something from a source they considered reliable and thought it worthy of discussion. It appears they may have been mis-informed on this occasion; however it shouldn't make them a source of ridicule at your hands.

Finny

DevilDom said:
I'm sure people haven't purposely been making things up as you imply. They have obviously heard something from a source they considered reliable and thought it worthy of discussion. It appears they may have been mis-informed on this occasion; however it shouldn't make them a source of ridicule at your hands.
Other than myself, who am I ridiculing? :shock:

DevilDom

Finny said:
DevilDom said:
Other than myself, who am I ridiculing? :shock:
Your obviously a bright guy and you know exactly what your doing so don't take others for idiots.