Car Parking

terry hunt

Thread starter #1
I saw from the info for the Matt Myers game that the Toys'r Us car park was unavailable.
Has there been a change in next seasons arrangements by any chance?

Earnie

I didn’t specifically look for it but there have been a great number of large commercial vehicles laid up there as if for some event or other.

Wannabe2

Sometimes if Dr Who, Casualty Is being shot on location they park their vehicles there as a base camp, for make up, costume, and canteen facilities, but very rare on weekend.

Hedd Wyn John

Toys R Us car park is an absolute nightmare to get out of after a game so even if it was open I'd give it a miss after I once made the mistake of parking in there. (It was bucketing down otherwise I normally park about a 10min walk away)

Don't plan to have future car parking on the TOYS-R-US area (future covid vaccination plans apart) Cardiff Council still plan to build the cycle veladrome. As a replacement for Maindy cycle track.
Of course they haven't planned car parking they expect us to ride bikes, catch a bus, park and ride or walk.
The same idiots who closed the roads in Cardiff city centre for covid and didn't want to ever open them again !!

NathanG

Morrisons? You get 3 hours free parking. If you time it right you can park there. Mind you, I've had a few close calls with games going to OT but definitely doable if you arrive closer to face off

Sorry, Nathan no company will allow the club to park supporters cars on its property without its permission. This has been denied after abuse of parking and the club was warned by the store manager, that barriers would be locked. They are not a free car parking company it will only get worse a decision for this season and the future must be made.

Wolfie

Morrisons? You get 3 hours free parking. If you time it right you can park there. Mind you, I've had a few close calls with games going to OT but definitely doable if you arrive closer to face off
Morrisons now have paid parking slots via the your parking space app, so it's totally viable

BostonBart22

An agreement by the devils , say 6 free tkts to morrisons each game which could result bin newbies through morrisons staff and friends, fans get a chance to park there and do a bit of shopping before game, both partys happy ? just a thought..

Diablo3

I responded to Cardiff councils consultation to say that a big improvement in parking is needed in their plans. I know others did the same.
Would be nice, but planners don't care about parking, it doesn't make them any money. So they will do the usual thing and cram every space with a building.

Hedd Wyn John

They do a survey to collect people’s views then take no notice of the result whatsoever.
But they are seemingly seen to be doing the right thing - so that’s ok?
They have to do a consultation, it's in council policy. Even though they've already decided what they're going to do it's all about ticking the box.

The vaccination program at "Jabs "R" Us" (Bayside vaccination centre) has now finished, yipeeeeee

So maybe the council will re-open it up as a car park ?

Maybe we (the club) could ask if the entrance at the rear of the building can be opened to allow
additional parking for us. This is where the public were parking when we were at "peak jabbing"
time. it will also reduce the traffic congestion at the exit at the traffic lights / Pedestrian crossing?

BostonBart22

The vaccination program at "Jabs "R" Us" (Bayside vaccination centre) has now finished, yipeeeeee

So maybe the council will re-open it up as a car park ?

Maybe we (the club) could ask if the entrance at the rear of the building can be opened to allow
additional parking for us. This is where the public were parking when we were at "peak jabbing"
time. it will also reduce the traffic congestion at the exit at the traffic lights / Pedestrian crossing?
Great idea, you should apply for pm job...