Captaincy help - Voth/Adams

Thread starter #1
I've recently acquired a black Brad Voth gameworn shirt from the 05/06 playoffs and it has the C on the front. However, my copy of the Ice Hockey Annual states that G was the captain that season. The Voth shirt shows evidence it was worn so when did Voth wear the black jersey with the C on the front in the 05/06 playoffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
That looks like its been added subsequently. The lettering material used that year was stiff and shiny with the red outline being another layer behind it whereas that looks like more recent lettering with stitched red outline.

Thread starter #3
That looks like its been added subsequently. The lettering material used that year was stiff and shiny with the red outline being another layer behind it whereas that looks like more recent lettering with stitched red outline.
You're right actually, now I've looked at it. It's definitely been worn though, there's evidence of some wear on one of the elbows

EDIT: okay I think it might have been a team-issued blank shirt that's been customised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diafol

That was the season we won the Challenge Cup (Voth's first). Ed Patterson was head coach at that point and G was definitely captain.

I reckon James is correct and the C was added after.
Jonathan Phillips and Mike Garrow both wore the A that season so if G wasnt playing, one of them would have had the C then, not Brad.