Caps sign

Chris

Administrator
It's not on any website yet, but it's the Capitals fans forum tonight, texts are coming straight from there.

Chris.

ASHIPP

If it's true, the only possible reason has to be because Sharp will come cheap. I am gobsmacked that the Capitals organisation would have entertained the idea of having him on their roster. :shock:

To be honest the only time that i saw Sharpy on the ice was to fight when we played Sheffield at home and then he came on the ice when we play Sheffield again at Nottingham and that was only to stetch his legs as he's been on the bench too long.
So i don't understand how they can sign somebody who has barely played any hockey at all last season!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is so funny, i dont see what they are getting at? like someone has mentioned above he is cheap.

Chris

Administrator
I suspect Scott Neil was doing his best 'Buddy Christ' impression when Coach Dougy made this announcement, try and distract people before they riot...

Chris :D

From the caps site
http://edinburgh-capitals.com/players/detail.php?id=744

....Fiery forward Andrew Sharp is hoping to make a point for the Edinburgh Capitals in the 09/10 season in the Elite Ice Hockey League.....

I bet he's hoping for a point, after all he has amassed a grand total of 13 from 98 games in his career !!

If I was on the committee of the OED I would sue Caps for their definition of the word Fiery

Why don't we ask him if he could be part of our period break entertainment?
Any suggestions??

Chris

Administrator
Mental Doug Christiansen said:
Say what you want about Andrew Sharp: but he gets people talking about the Capitals and he helps our team in a lot of ways. First of all, Sharp is a British player and does not count as an import. Secondly, he knows his role. He is being brought in to add toughness and protect our skilled players. His signing allows me to bring in two forwards whose job it is to create offense, instead of one scorer and a tough guy. I believe that every team needs to have some toughness and the loss of Adam Stefishen and Ross Dalgliesh meant that we needed some grit.

Andrew did not get a lot of ice last year in Sheffield, but not many players in the league would have cracked the line-up of the defending league and play-off champions. He wants to get better as a hockey player. He knows that this season he must prove himself as a player if he is going to be able to be a valuable commodity in the British game. He is excited about the challenge and is willing to take advantage of the fact that we have ice twice a day to improve his skill set. If Andrew can improve his game, he could arguably have the value of Stephen Murphy or Stevie Lyle because he gives teams an extra import. I love the fact that he wants to prove his doubters wrong and make the Edinburgh fan base proud to have him.

Sadly, this signals the end of the Adam Stefishen era. Adam has taken a job in British Columbia and is not going to be coming back to the Capitals. In my opinion, Adam Stefishen was one of the two best tough guys in the league the last two years. He came to Edinburgh after a nasty incident in the Quebec League followed by time in the CHL. In his two seasons in Edinburgh he proved to be a leader on and off the ice. He was great with the fans, and was a dangerous enforcer. He played hard between the whistles and only missed one game because of a suspension. Adam Stefishen was a great asset to the club and was a class act. I would like to thank "Stef" for all he did the last two seasons.

The job of a tough guy is arguably the toughest in sports. It takes courage and fearlessness. Playing on the edge is something that is hard to do. Controlling your emotions while being in a fist fight is somewhat of a paradox. Andrew knows when he wears the Capitals uniform he represents not just Edinburgh but Scotland. Andrew understands how I believe the game should be played and knows what my expectations of him are. He knows that he does not help us when he is suspended.

Every player is a risk. I believe that Andrew is a risk worth taking because he is excited to play in Edinburgh and to develop into a fan favorite in Scotland's Capital.
Well there we have it folks, Doug Christiansen has finally lost his mind...

Chris.

What a disgrace ! Always respected Edinburgh... Cant believe Scott Neil (decent principled chap in my opinion) would stoop so low.

Hope Sharpy reads this... You are a useless clown. Please misbehave quickly and get banned even quicker !!!!!!

Could be a good signing for the Caps.. He can play a physical game when needed and the lack of other tough guys to keep him in check means a better player may have to step in instead...

I don't like Sharp, but I can see why the Caps signed him... Plus I'm going to enjoy watching McMorrow hammering him a few times this season..

Chris

Administrator
Could be a good signing for the Caps.. He can play a physical game when needed and the lack of other tough guys to keep him in check means a better player may have to step in instead...
There were 'tough guys' last season that didn't/wouldn't fight him thought, I doubt that's changed for this season.

The only people he would fight in the tent were Jarvis and Hartwick I think? Didn't Hartwick only have 2 career fights before arriving here, he must have doubled his fight total at least by fighting Sharp... Would hardly call Hartwick a 'tough guy' though.

Sharp is a loose cannon once he's off the bench, he proved that last season. Hell, even uncle Bob didn't want him back in Sheffield...

Chris.