Caps Game 17th December*TICKET INFO*

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #1
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't bought a ticket for this game yet.

I've just had a quick count on the Live box office website and there's 187 tickets left between Blocks 2-15. Block 1 not on sale yet but will be shortly no doubt.

im confused? crowds have been down, against belfast (top of the table) just 1,200 fans (i think) we were saying maybe cos its close to christmas. this game is a week before christmas and its nearly sold out :shock:

its very good news, just cant understand it. edinburgh have improved from last season big time and that is great to, but its not the kind of game you wld expect to sell out. :?:

Ger-Devils

Thread starter #6
BeatBox said:
im confused? crowds have been down, against belfast (top of the table) just 1,200 fans (i think) we were saying maybe cos its close to christmas. this game is a week before christmas and its nearly sold out :shock:

its very good news, just cant understand it. edinburgh have improved from last season big time and that is great to, but its not the kind of game you wld expect to sell out. :?:
There was a groupon ticket deal back in October and that's why the big crowd

Many, many thanks for the heads up. Just hope everyone who's reserved a seat turns up. Should be a belter if the Caps play to the form they've showed this season - they took Coventry to a shootout this weekend. With bus legs I'd give us the edge but should be fun.

My brother-in-law is over from Ireland that weekend so I'm taking him for his first game. Just got my tix following this warning so can't wait. Mind you, I bought for Cardiff v Edinburugh. Hope they're valid :DWD .

And I paid full price for them. :cool: [smug enough?]

Your friendly sanctimonious Swansea scumbag.

Just bought my tickets for this game. Nearly a full house atmosphere is going to be amazing. just hope im not sat next to kids who wants to get summit every 3 mins during play!

ASHIPP

Gotta say things looking good for a decent crowd for this game. Bought my tickets yesterday and was lucky to get some of the very few remaining in my usual block.

Hurry if you haven't got them - otherwise could be too late. :?

wildthing74

I think this games proves despite previous posters knocking the use of Groupon,it actually works.Not only work but seems better than the birng a buddy as crowds have been disappointing recently.
I would hate to see how many would have been there so close to Christmas without the Groupon deal.

The 2 previous groupon games had only a handful of tickets shown as available as well, but on the night we only managed approx 1500. So lets hope all that have bought a ticket for this game actually turn up. As we all know, a full, vocal, BBT is like having an extra man on the ice for the team.

After a quick check, the other groupon games were on 22nd Oct v Dundee attendance was 1866, and 23 Nov v Hull 1563. So looking at those attendance figures, we can say groupon has been a success on attendance. :)

TheStub

Re: Re: Caps Game 17th December*TICKET INFO*

wildthing74 said:
I think this games proves despite previous posters knocking the use of Groupon,it actually works.Not only work but seems better than the birng a buddy as crowds have been disappointing recently.
I would hate to see how many would have been there so close to Christmas without the Groupon deal.
The issue is the profit, or lack of it. The club will be lucky to see £4 a ticket for the Groupon deals. So a busy ticket is probably worth 3 times what a Groupon ticket it - just in plain cash terms.

The hope with the Groupon is return business.

The bring a buddy is good, but a little unfocused (and not clearly communicated). It would nice to see a focused discount, maybe vouchers sold through the webshop/phone that could then be redeemed from the rink over the phone. It forces commitment and also eases entry.

It is also a nice lure back for the Groupon newbies.

wildthing74

Wether its £4 or not Gareth,I'd rather 100% of £4 than 100% of nothing.If there are 3-400 extra seats filled thats got to be goo,even more so if we can get repeat business.
I just think with the amount of people signed up to these discount websites we can reach a wider audience.How many people use 'bring a buddy' to bring a newbie rather than a mate who would come anyway?
Not knocking the buddy scheme as anything that brings ANY extra fans has got be good but clearly judging by the Groupon crowds that system clearly works.
We just need enough to get hooked and pay full price as can't see the business being sustained that way in the longer term.

I think the Groupon deals show that people do want to watch the Devils but it looks like it is obviously the cost putting people off. So we're going back to the old argument of whether the ticket prices should come down to get more people in through the door. Of course we don't want the club to make a loss on ticket sales but if more people are buying cheaper tickets then maybe this is the answer and someone maybe needs to get their calculator out, look at attendances, and get a ticket price that will ensure the club gets the money and people in.
I think it's ironic that these deals are to get more people to watch the lower teams when top of the table Belfast didn't bring in enough people (despite the great game, I have read, it was).

TheStub

I would guess it is the reach of Groupon that help get people in. A night out for £8 a head is probably a tempting proposition to those who haven't attended. So we should do Groupon and get people in.

I just think we need to then hook them with follow up deals. Get them back in.

DevilDom

TheStub said:
I would guess it is the reach of Groupon that help get people in. A night out for £8 a head is probably a tempting proposition to those who haven't attended. So we should do Groupon and get people in.

I just think we need to then hook them with follow up deals. Get them back in.
Thats a good point. How about doing a follow-up deal to the Groupon deal - i.e. the same price £8 a head BUT all the money going to the club? There could be a coupon given out at "Groupon" games when people they collect their tickets under the groupon deal giving them a return deal for the same price.

Gets people to at least 2 games at least and more chance them getting hooked.

TheStub

Ironically the Bring a Buddy deal is cheaper than Groupon - if you bring a child (I think, working from memory). £10+£1 for Bring a Buddy, but £8+£4 with Groupon.

There should hopefully be good news on the deals front soon.