Caps big loss

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Caps lost 9-2 to Giants tonight, caps goalie got a bloody nose for fighting, and Sharpe went with Mcmorrow.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #2
Pat Bateman skates past the Caps goal tender Cody Rudkowsky and Rudkowsky trips Bateman up. Bateman is not happy with the trip and he turns around and goes for the Caps net minder. The two players then swap some shoves with each other before Bateman drops his gloves and surprisingly the Caps net minder follows suit. Another Caps play tries to intervene at this stage but he sees his net minder wants to fight so he steps back and lets Bateman and Rudkowsky get on with it.

Bateman then throws a few punches at Rudkowsky landing a couple before Rudkowsky threw a right hand back at Bateman that fell short. Bateman then landed a big punch right on Rudkowsky nose, and I've a feeling it broke the Caps net minders nose as the blood start coming out fast. Rudkowsky then went down to the ice and the lino's jumped in to end the fight.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #3
As soon as they come out of the dressing rooms Sharp signals that he wants to fight McMorrow.. They drop their gloves and McMorrow quickly drops Sharp with a few punches. But unlike their last fight Sharp gets back up again and I think Sharp threw a punch at McMorrow. McMorrow then landed a few more solid punches on Sharp and the lino's step in because it's starting to look one sided.

Martynwo

I seem to remember, I'm sure Finny will confirm, either early Superleague / Heineken league we leant our backup NM to the opposition.

I wasn't as bad as Chris Newton, one Devils NM who left us and signed for Peterbough, standing aside to let a goal in, he literally leant on the pipes and gave us an empty netter, we were stuffing them by then so it didn't really matter apart from the fact he got gassed as a result.

What the hell? So what incentive does the netminder have to stop any goals that his own team are shooting at him? Or is it the whole idea that he doesn't? Either way, that seems like a silly rule. Surely if teams aren't prepared with enough depth at goalie, they should be forced to play empty net.

The Caps back up didn't travel so the Giants must have offered up young Andrew Dickinson as i think EIHL rules state you have to have 2 netminders dressed for the game.

Rudowsky had the nightmare of all nightmares last night, we scored 2 goals in the opening minute on our first 2 shots and were 4 up inside 10 minutes, i don't think he could have saved a beachball last night.

He actually started with McMorrow and they both had a few taps at each other before they were seperated but only a couple of minutes later he purposely caught Bateman who went to speak with him a few push and shoves and then Rudowsky told him 'lets go' so Bateman dropped them before dropping Cody. Bateman says he doesn't usually fight goalies but that Rudowsky was desperate for a fight because he knew he would be benched by the coach( christisean) which he was we were already winning 7 2 by the time our goalie came on to play for them so didn't really affect the score.