Capitals Vs Devils 29/11/08 - Chat and Updates!!

Finny

End of 1st Period Capitals 0-2 Devils.

We've spent most of the period on the penalty kill, but have fore-checked well so far.

Couldn't see the 1st goal too well but the way the players celebrated it looked like Voth might have got the final touch.
2nd goal was on the powerplay and was a well taken wrist shot by Prpich.

Finny

Comfortable win for the Devils who seemed to spend most of the game in the penalty bin.
Caps didn't really look dangerous 5-on-5, and the only way the were able to beat Aubry was an own goal with a deflection off the defenceman's skate.

Fulton looks like he is improving with every game and once he gets to play on a settled line could do some damage. Prpich has a good game too with two good finished for his goals, whilst Tyson looks like he is back to his best. He seemed to be everywhere tonight and first to every loose puck.

Gazza272

Again over the seasons we have struggled up in Edinburgh but to have taken maximum points there twice already this season and not conceeded as many as we have done over the EIHL era.

Also brilliant to see Vother come up with two points and good to see Jay and Prpich continue giong strong.

Still worried about Silverthorn though.....

Gazza272

ledgend777 said:
Gazza272 said:
Still worried about Silverthorn though.....
Why? Did he pick up a knock? Surely you can't mean his form... 29 points in 24 played according to Elite site and 5 points in the last 3 games.

Wow i didnt realise he had been picking up so many. But yeah i did mean his form but based on that i guess he isnt doing to badly at all.

I guess i just expect to see his name a bit more, i hardly noticed him against Basingstoke last weekend and again hardly noticed him against sheffield the week before that. And last night i was hoping to see a 2+1 or a 1+2 instead of the solitary point.

But then maybe im expecting to much from him. I am glad to see its not as bad as i originally thought.

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #13
So finally got home!

Devils didn't really need to do a whole lot to win it seemed, just kind of cruised around, but that might have been because it was so bloody cold!

Hanson called about 3 times as many penalties for the Devils as he did for the Capitals, and there wasn't a whole lot we could do about it. They weren't particularly stupid penalties, we just seemed to receive them randomly.

Can't really remember a whole lot else that happened, Voth and Cowmeadow had limited ice time, but good to see them playing again.

Other than that, a decent win, looked like we were saving ourselves for the next game in Manchester :D

Chris.