Capitals away. October 24

wildthing74

You will have any block you want to yourself.I never pay attention tbh as always sit same place but I think it's 17 off top of my head. To be honest unlike most rinks Edimburgh gives great location to away fans as its on the red line.

It's two tiered seating in Edinburgh; the lower tier is more expensive than the upper tier. Officially the away blocks are 19 (lower tier) and 14 (upper tier) but it's basically the whole of the right side of the rink when you walk in. Edinburgh don't get many supporters and it's a big rink so they just cluster on the left side (blocks 1-10). All of the Scottish teams are like that actually apart from Braehead; home supporters one side of the rink and away the other.

You don't really need to book beforehand tough - just pay on the door and sit where you like. Whilst there is an online seating plan no one really sticks to it in practice and it never sells out.

The only piece of advice I would give you is layer up - seriously! It is FREEZING cold in there and you can feel it coming up through the seats all game.

wildthing74

Beat the cold by buying stovies at the start of the night.The cup stays nuclear hot all night,somehow it never cools. You need to buy a macaroni pie too.Sounds rank but you won't regret it.

James

Administrator
take a cushion and lots of layers. Unless they have changed their ticketing you can't buy before the game anyway as they give out raffle tickets on the night in lieu of proper printed tickets.

kettdevil1

drummer-sean said:
It's also home to the best Sausage roll in the Elite League!
Too right! Love all the Scottish trips but the food in Edinburgh is a different class. Dinner should be sausage roll, macaroni pie, stovies and a cup of tea that holds your spoon upright.....

Apart from that 'the Edinburgh rink is cold' is possibly the understatement of the decade.

Enjoy.

voth26

The Caps rink is bloody freezing, it has to be the coldest rink in the league. I'm sure its warmer outside :lol: :lol: the old wooden seats are fun as well lol, I've been on the triple headers for the last two years and had a great time.