CANCELLED - Devils Vs Giants - League - 7th Jan 24 - FO 18:00

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils invite the Giants to the bay for Sunday night league action. Giants haven't had the start they may have wanted to the season and we've had the occasional laugh at their expense this year but they are currently only a point behind us, and hosting Fife Saturday, they could well be above us by Sunday. 2nd best to steelers bragging rights on the line

E.D.S.

Just some effort would be appreciated and may be one single check within the first three minutes. Oh and possibly a face off win but now I feel like I’m being greedy.

august04 2.0

This weekend will be very interesting. After watching the behind the scenes stuff, it’s clear that this team has now been well and truly called out by PR, quite rightly. He's not going to stand there and protect them anymore, nor should he if they’re not listening to him and not putting in the most basic requirements of being a Cardiff Devil - because they are making him look bad now too. Any player worth their salt, will look at that Youtube show and feel utterly embarrassed and want to do something about it. They simply have to come out hard in Manchester and vs Belfast at home and give absolutely everything they have, to do whatever it takes to win these two games. No excuses. We've had enough of those. If they don’t and we see more of the same this weekend, then some P45’s need to be handed out next week.

bb1

After the behind the scenes episode we can now see that PR does have the passion but I still would like to see a bit more of it during the game behind the bench.

I now think think PR is the type of coach who publicly doesn't like to out the player for 'all to see'......however but if he keeps protecting them in interviews after the performances like we have had then he has to accept he will have to take some flack.

I have never disliked Russell but some of his decisions have seemed strange at times and he has had periods where he looked lost for ideas............HOWEVER, after the latest episode he pretty much reviews all of the under performing players faults PERFECTLY, suggesting its the PLAYERS not his coaching.

If these guys keep on cruising and not paying attention to his instruction then it should be a case of 'thank you for your poor efforts .....now on your bike!'. We can't keep holding onto under performers who just cannot be ar#sed. A change or two is needed to send a message.

I liked seeing Crandall's passion but I feel I am yet to see a single shift from him with any grit or passion.....we know he is capable of it (which is the most frustrating thing).

If 50% of our squad had the passion and heart of Brandt then we would be where Sheffield are now.

Wannabe2

Okay it’s a New Year, let’s try to put 2023 behind us now as probably most of us want to do, let’s try to start afresh both the team and the fans, let’s put the crap in the history drawer now. Let’s give our team a fresh start to entertain and show they are better than what’s been dished up lately, let’s get behind the guys play our part and hope it’s returned. A 4 point weekend would be a good start, but if that’s not forthcoming then entertain us at least please. When you spend the week waiting for the next game then give us something to shout about, do that and we will shout and cheer aplenty. So over to you guys let’s hope we are all on the same page.

kingmo19.1

Okay it’s a New Year, let’s try to put 2023 behind us now as probably most of us want to do, let’s try to start afresh both the team and the fans, let’s put the crap in the history drawer now. Let’s give our team a fresh start to entertain and show they are better than what’s been dished up lately, let’s get behind the guys play our part and hope it’s returned. A 4 point weekend would be a good start, but if that’s not forthcoming then entertain us at least please. When you spend the week waiting for the next game then give us something to shout about, do that and we will shout and cheer aplenty. So over to you guys let’s hope we are all on the same page.
Same page, same book would be nice :)

Wannabe2

Tonight’s game should be very interesting , the Giants come into Cardiff like a wounded animal and Keefe must have gone ballistic last night, they will go all out to win tonight. Tonight is probably the challenge we really need to see if anything has changed after Russell’s rant, this is the game that could very well turn a bit nasty and will be a test of our metal. Over to you lads.

Earnie

I wonder how many people there are involved in total on Game Night ?
(not counting on ice team)
Security, main desk, 50/50 sellers, stewards, staff on the gantry, penalty bin attendants,
goal judges, parking attendants, cone putter outers, first aid team, ambulance staff, cleaners, Zamboni staff, chuck a puck picker uppers, cafe staff , and some more …….

moggy#9

I honestly think that this may work out to our favour ahead of the continental cup. Instead of a hard fought match, which could have added to injuries, we have extra time to make sure everyone's fit and healthy. Hopefully the air will be cleared and they can't concentrate on specific game plans for dealing with our opponents.