Campbell assault upon vipers player

Sawyer sucker punch = 2 game ban

Voth check to head (according to the elite league) = 3 game ban

Campbell both of the above + punching someone in the head while they were on the ice (although Domish didn't get any ban for doing it last week) = Place your bets please.

steve

what did kozak get? 10 games plus 10 suspended? ok Campbell didn't skate through any blood, but i think this needs to be somewhere between 5 and 10 realistically.

3 mins in

PCS

If someone was to grab Campbell and drag him off ( as someone should of) would they still get 3rd man in? Bearing in mind they didn't throw a punch (the person who would of dragged him off) and it wasn't really a fight, more like an assault..

wildthing74

The guy is a total joke.I'm amazed Simon has put up with him this season.Having got in so late at the start of the year and to be banned already twice before this latest incident.
If they have any real ambitions of winning the league they have got to gas him.Fair play the guy is game and will fight anybody but surely they are better off with more of a goal scorer as they have Munn who can step up when needed.

Finny

steve said:
what did kozak get? 10 games plus 10 suspended? ok Campbell didn't skate through any blood, but i think this needs to be somewhere between 5 and 10 realistically.
That's a very good point Steve. I was trying to think of a similar incident but had forgotten the Kozak one which is probably the nearest. Will have to try and find the verdict - was it the start of last season?

There was also a similar incident against our own Devils at the end of last year, where our brits were beaten up whilst lying on the ice. Cruikshank was the one player, and the other was.... was it.... Derek Campbell?

Finny

I've managed to find this link:

http://hullstingraysblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/stingray-kozak-receives-10-game-ban.html

From that we have:
Kozak has been handed a 10 game ban (plus 10 games suspended) whilst Voth has been given 12 games (with a further 12 suspended).

Kozak was involved in an altercation with Nottinghams Marc Levers which resulted in Levers requiring 25 stitches to his forehead. Kozak, who is entering his first season in Britain, was officially given 6 games for sucker punching an opponent and 4 games for bringing the game into disrepute.
They seem to have reduced the ban on suckerpunching since to 2 games from 6. I think Voth's ban was reduced on appeal and because Thornton did something similar. Can anyone remember whether Kozak's ban was reduced too?

Finny

Too slow to edit,

It seems it was reduced to 6 games on appeal.
Presumably 2 games for the suckerpunch and 4 for bringing the game into disrepute.

They seem to have reduced the ban on suckerpunching since to 2 games from 6. I think Voth's ban was reduced on appeal and because Thornton did something similar. Can anyone remember whether Kozak's ban was reduced too?
Thornton took a chop at Payette head and was rightly banned. Voth got banned for a phantom sucker punch and slash which was fair enough, plus his past... Kozak I thought was harsh, he threw one punch at Levers and forced him to the ice, if Levers had not hit his head there would of been no ban..

I would give Campbell a 2 game ban for this incident, plus 1 for previous.. Not nearly as bad as was made out, the worst part is when he leads into Szwarz at the start with his arm..

steve

oneill said:
Kozak I thought was harsh, he threw one punch at Levers and forced him to the ice, if Levers had not hit his head there would of been no ban..

I would give Campbell a 2 game ban for this incident, plus 1 for previous.. Not nearly as bad as was made out, the worst part is when he leads into Szwarz at the start with his arm..

You're kidding right?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkm9Vrs32Qk

I know the footage is poor, but he puts at least two massive punches in whilst Levers is lying face down.

Campbell needs at least 5. It is as bad as being made out because its guttless and cowardly - no ones saying don't hit hard (apart from Ben Simon), but this kind of thing is cowardly.

Finny

oneill said:
Well at least we know now what Andy French's username on here is! ;)

:) I'd be lenient with all the tough guys no matter who they played for.. This is also a case of Campbell going after a player who earlier in the season went after Robert Dowd... I think if Campbell or the Steelers did not have history with the Devils you guys would not be all over this incident...

oneill said:
:) I'd be lenient with all the tough guys no matter who they played for.. This is also a case of Campbell going after a player who earlier in the season went after Robert Dowd... I think if Campbell or the Steelers did not have history with the Devils you guys would not be all over this incident...
Someone with some sense at last! :lol:

Joesteeler said:
oneill said:
Someone with some sense at last! :lol:
Yes O'Neill is absoutely right, given what has happened in the past and the more recently who can blame us.

Gospel

Thread starter #20
If 2 toughies want to go for it then i say let them, its a tough contact sport and dust ups happen. I think the league should have some common sense with dealing with those players and hand out short bans, if any.

The difference here is that Campbell deliberately went looking for him and hit his target. This isnt 2 players who want to fight, its one and as such Campbell should get a longer ban. Repeat offenders should get longer & longer bans.

For me this should be at least a 5 game ban, pointless & cowardly attack starting with an elbow, punching on the floor & when trying to be pulled away & his previous.