Bring Back Old Website

Thread starter #1
I don't know how may have noticed but the Cardiff Devils have launched there new website, and to be honest there are no significant changes. From what I can see the designer has just put his own twist on the old design and there are no improvements. In other terms its just a new design.

This is just my opinion, others may prefer it. Being a designer I don't think the money has been spent wisely on the website.

Good Luck in the future, i may be wrong and new features may be underway way.

Chris

Administrator
Now it's actually decided to load, I don't think it looks all that bad, but it would be interesting to hear how the club can justify spending all the money it did on the previous design only to bin it a year or so later?

Finny

For someone who uploads content onto it, there are major changes.

The previous website we had was a massive improvement on what we had before. The new one is even nicer.

It's like when I first got a mobile phone which had web access and a music player on it. It was unreal how good it was and I couldn't imagine anything better.
Then I got an iPhone. It did everything the previous phone did, but a little bit better and a little bit cooler.

When I've gone on the website this morning it does seem to be slow loading up - I can only assume that is because it is still transferring across?
I've been using the new website for almost two months and have had no issues with delays in webpages loading until today.

rocketbob

I like the new website. They need to get the stability sorted though.

A streamlined for-mobile version would be useful as a future development.

I have to say I like it, a lot nicer than the previous one IMO. Havent had much chance to look at it yet as I'm in work though.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

rocketbob

Working great for me now. Love the new wallpapers in the Fanzone section. I have "The Mayor" on my desktop right now. Really nice.

Love the new website its fresh and better to view,I know it will have its knockers but hey well done to those Involved,Well done to the team :)

Simez - there are loads of websites with knockers on them; let's keep ours about the hockey!

I like the look of it but it's very slow on my iPhone. On screen it looks great and I think it's more intuitive than the old one so kudos.

Maybe the admin and hosting fees are lower with this new arrangement?

On the inferno homepage the Devils site area is all HTML and broken links, is this because of the new website being launched?

As for the site, it was painfully slow when it started but it is great. The G article on Brad is great and Im going to have alot of issues decided which wallpaper to use on my ipad!

Gaz G

DevilDan said:
On the inferno homepage the Devils site area is all HTML and broken links, is this because of the new website being launched?

As for the site, it was painfully slow when it started but it is great. The G article on Brad is great and Im going to have alot of issues decided which wallpaper to use on my ipad!
Probably being dense here but where is the G article on Brad? I can't see it anywhere.

Ger-Devils

Gaz G said:
DevilDan said:

Probably being dense here but where is the G article on Brad? I can't see it anywhere.
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/fanzone/thank-you-brad/

Skippy

Re: Re: Bring Back Old Website

DevilDan said:
It is yes.

We are looking into it :?