Brenden Shanahan

Looks like Shanahan has signed for the Devils.

"Brendan Shanahan is a New Jersey Devil -- sort of.

Sources says the unrestricted free agent winger is joining the team but has yet to agree to terms on a contract and it isn't clear at this point when that will happen or when he will be ready to play a game with them.

But sources say Shanahan will start skating in New Jersey today and the details of him officially becoming part of the team will be worked out in the days to come.

Shanahan, drafted second overall by the Devils in 1987, spent the previous two seasons with the New York Rangers but was not offered a contract to remain with the club.

The 39-year-old became a free agent after the last season and was planning on returning to the Rangers for at least one more campaign. Rangers general manager Glen Sather repeatedly told him to hold on as the team could make room for him."

Should make his debut against Columbus

glad we didnt sign him, although according to paul holmgren we're interested in re-signing peter forsberg. I hope he does decide to play in the nhl again and more importantly for the flyers, would be a great addition.

MikeRichards18 said:
glad we didnt sign him, although according to paul holmgren we're interested in re-signing peter forsberg. I hope he does decide to play in the nhl again and more importantly for the flyers, would be a great addition.
yeah, he'll be great in the two games he isn't injured for :lol: ;)

TheStub

He has been hot since his return. What is it three goals and a fair few assists. Well worth the money - that is one hell of a 4th line now.

TheStub said:
He has been hot since his return. What is it three goals and a fair few assists. Well worth the money - that is one hell of a 4th line now.
Devils have been on fire since he joined. Also, he became only the 12th player to reach 1,500 matches in the NHL last night!

TheStub

I am really liking this Devils side. He adds some real depth to the 4th line, and they look dangerous in every phase.

I am going to send their last 12 matches to Gerrad - I have them all sat on my hard drive.

Got the Islanders match downloaded. That is tomorrow morning sorted. :lol: