Braehead Signing

Hynod

Thread starter #1
Braehead are announcing a signing at 11am today.

"Braehead Clan ‏@Braehead_Clan
Our latest signing will wear #20....#lockout"

Looks like another NHL'er.

TheStub

Miller is easily the best player seen in this league... he isn't just a bubble player, he is a serious offensive player.

Breahead suddenly got exciting... and a contender.

wildthing74

For my money the biggest signing since Elite league started maybe Fleury aside. The first time I've ever been excited at a rival signing.
This guy is the real deal and let's see what the other big boys do now.

Skippy

Bit off of Braehead after cutting a guy after one practice session pleading poverty.

2 to Steelers is a risky move, where will they be if the NHL lockout ends ?

wildthing74

Yeah 2 to Steelers was the word in Coventry last night. All this gambling with throwing money around been done too often.Will it end in tears again?

DevilDom

Well if Steelers are cutting another player to make way for 2 NHLer's I would imagine Panthers and possibly Giants will follow suit. Would be great if a few weeks after cutting the NHL sorts itself out and they all end up short benched! We can hope.

DevilDom

jester said:
DevilDom said:
Well if Steelers are cutting another player to make way for 2 NHLer's I would imagine Panthers and possibly Giants will follow suit. Would be great if a few weeks after cutting the NHL sorts itself out and they all end up short benched! We can hope.
DC interview on the subject http://waynehardman.com/736/giants-doug-christiansen-on-nhl-player-availabilty/
Interesting read, but he doesn't completely shut the door on it. How is Mathieson?

ASHIPP

Wow this may be Clan's equivalent of Craig Weller....and it makes them stronger. I worry about the longterm with NHLers coming here. What happens if lockout resolved? Short term fixes for teams are a massive risk on many levels. And once one team acquires one others will feel pressurised to do the same to stay competitive.

DevilDom said:
jester said:
DevilDom said:
DC interview on the subject http://waynehardman.com/736/giants-doug-christiansen-on-nhl-player-availabilty/
Interesting read, but he doesn't completely shut the door on it. How is Mathieson?
No-one knows TBH head injuries are hard to give a definate time on recovery. Current estimate was 5 weeks from time of injury

wildthing74

ASHIPP said:
Wow this may be Clan's equivalent of Craig Weller....and it makes them stronger. I worry about the longterm with NHLers coming here. What happens if lockout resolved? Short term fixes for teams are a massive risk on many levels. And once one team acquires one others will feel pressurised to do the same to stay competitive.
This guy is a step above Weller.I hope I get to see him play before he goes home.

ASHIPP

wildthing74 said:
ASHIPP said:
This guy is a step above Weller.I hope I get to see him play before he goes home.
Just checked- Devils play Clan 3 times before Christmas

:shock: :shock: Ok for Red Wings fans though.
:D

Ger-Devils

wildthing74 said:
ASHIPP said:
That won't be for a while. Can't see the lockout being sorted anytime soon.

wildthing74 said:
ASHIPP said:
Great signing but will he like going to the likes of Fife,Edinburgh,Hull rinks on a regular basis..
Clan now have enough forwards to put out 4 decent lines

Drew Millar / Jade Galbraith / Ash Goldie
Brock McPherson / Ryan Campbell / Jordan Krestanovich
Robert Farmer / Matthew Haywood / Bobby Chaumont
Ryan Watt / Aidan Fulton / Adam Walker

Their D looks lightweight but i've a feeling they will bring in another Import to tighten that up before next weekend. There twitter site has been hinting that they will.