Brad Voth Retires

well I think there's your motivation for challenge cup and playoffs.

with a neutral hat on what better way to send him off than with a playoff win - he was a playoff player 100%

blonde wigs and no shoes for the Devils blocks at playoffs?

Gazza272

oneill said:
Bad timing for the Devils due to the fact they cant bring in a replacement.. Good enforcer and player when he 1st came to the league but the last few seasons was not the same presence on the ice.

Will miss having him in the league due to him being one of those character guys who gets people talking, and the fact he plays a physical style of game.

Your right he wasnt the same prescence he was better! He was smarter putting his body in positions which protected the puck, leaving pretty much every EIHL player unable to get around him. He didnt bother dropping them wit hthe nothing players who were not relevent. Now for you that must have annoyed you but for people who watched him more regularly it was the sign of just how good a player he was, he adapted to every change in the league to make himself relevent, a Skill even some non enforcers would love to have. It is a great great disservice to the man imo to write off his last few seasons.

I think Voth has displayed Loyalty above many players in our history. Through a rink change, sham owners, bankrupt owners, massive operating company going bust. All through it this guy has worn the C for us and played with a smile on his face and skted through brick walls when needed.

He at least deserved one last chance to put the playoffs right for us, a trophy I would have loved to have seen him win. I think its fitting he was part of last seasons team getting the world record and showing what an important cog he can be in a title chasing team.

Today I hope G and Franny turn this news around to the guys. Of course be upset that the big man has gone out like this, but embrace that dissapointment, tonight you have a chance to show that you can play hockey like its your last game, here today gone tomorrow. If your career is that fragile, go out like winners! go out and take this semi final chance to get that glory in the final.

Do it for Vother!

Gutted to read about Brad retiring this morning but there is life after hockey and health is important.

Just want to say thank you sooooo much Brad. I've loved watching you since the moment you stepped on the Ice in a devils shirt and have been proud to call you a devil! Thank you for many memories! And of course the winning dance!

Good luck in what ever you do x

SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE BRAD VOTH!

Sad news to wake up to...although in honesty I'm not that surprised and don't blame him in the slightest.

When I came to my first Devils match three years ago he was the one who stood out to me and made me want to come back again!!

Surely they have to retire his shirt on Sunday.

A true legend.

Gazza272 said:
Your right he wasnt the same prescence he was better! He was smarter putting his body in positions which protected the puck, leaving pretty much every EIHL player unable to get around him. He didnt bother dropping them wit hthe nothing players who were not relevent. Now for you that must have annoyed you but for people who watched him more regularly it was the sign of just how good a player he was, he adapted to every change in the league to make himself relevent, a Skill even some non enforcers would love to have. It is a great great disservice to the man imo to write off his last few seasons.

I think Voth has displayed Loyalty above many players in our history. Through a rink change, sham owners, bankrupt owners, massive operating company going bust. All through it this guy has worn the C for us and played with a smile on his face and skted through brick walls when needed.

He at least deserved one last chance to put the playoffs right for us, a trophy I would have loved to have seen him win. I think its fitting he was part of last seasons team getting the world record and showing what an important cog he can be in a title chasing team.

Today I hope G and Franny turn this news around to the guys. Of course be upset that the big man has gone out like this, but embrace that dissapointment, tonight you have a chance to show that you can play hockey like its your last game, here today gone tomorrow. If your career is that fragile, go out like winners! go out and take this semi final chance to get that glory in the final.

Do it for Vother!
Spot on post Gazza. Lets give the big fella a great Cardiff Devils send off tomorrow night as I understand he flies home mid-week so this will be our last chance to collectively show our appreciation for all he's done for the Club over the years, and off course the enjoyment he's given us fans.

Absolutely gutted. It's not every day you come across a player that can look after his team mates and can also consistently put points on the board. Good luck for the future Vother, and thanks for the many memories

Shortstuff said:
Gutted to read about Brad retiring this morning but there is life after hockey and health is important.

Just want to say thank you sooooo much Brad. I've loved watching you since the moment you stepped on the Ice in a devils shirt and have been proud to call you a devil! Thank you for many memories! And of course the winning dance!

Good luck in what ever you do x

SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE BRAD VOTH!
Wont be the same without the winning dance anymore! :cry:

I hope he has some part to play in Lyle's testimonial, would be a good way to end his time at the Devils.

DevilDom

Very sad way for his Devils career to end. I feel for him and his family but Brad has got to do what is best for his future now.

The big guy will be sorely missed. He was more than just he player, he was an icon and a person the devils franchise was built on for 7 years. HE WAS OUR LORD MAYOR!

Thank you Brad for everything you have done for the Devils over 7 great seasons!

I'd heard people talking about Voth even before I attended my very first game. The songs, his reception during the team announcements and the tributes on here all leave no doubt as to exactly how much he means to the fans and the hockey community.

I'm sure it's not a decision he's taken lightly. Let's just make sure we're all there on Sunday to give him the send-off he deserves.

All the best big guy. We'll be talking about you for as long as ice hockey is played in south Wales.

drainage

Wish Brad all the luck in the world ...... For me he has been a character when hockey often lacked them , a gent and above all loyal to the club when I am sure he had other options.

Despite comments to the effect he wouldn't be wanted I suspect most clubs and fans would have had him in a heartbeat

Good luck Brad x

Gutted truly gutted. It's 6am here in Ottawa and a horrible way to start the day. The guy is a legend. He has had a firm place in the heart of many Devils fans for many years and one of the greatest to play EIHL hockey, his commitment to the Devils is unquestionable and he will be sorely missed.

Am gutted I can't be at the Braehead game :(

Terrible news! My grandson will be heartbroken!

He must be devastated that he is finishing his playing career this way. Thank you for your devotion to the Devils, Brad. It has been a privilege and pleasure to watch you play. I wish you a very successful, happy and healthy at home in Canada.

Hopefully we will see you again in Cardiff in the future.
xx

Gutted that Brad has had to retire, however I am happy that the press release said the injury shouldn't affect his future plans. He is a legend of the club and epitomises the EIHL era of the club. With only a season or two left in the tent, I'm sure that when we look back on the BBT era - it will also be the big man that epitomises that too.

I wish Brad all the best for his future, let's give him an amazing send off at the game tomorrow.

Skippy

Re: Re: Brad Voth Retires

philrowlands31 said:
Gutted............ he will be missed!, anyone else agree his number should be hung? best wishes brad, good luck for the future!!!
Yep I agree there, they should hang his number

TheStub

Re: Re: Re: Brad Voth Retires

skippy said:
philrowlands31 said:
Gutted............ he will be missed!, anyone else agree his number should be hung? best wishes brad, good luck for the future!!!
Yep I agree there, they should hang his number
I also agree. But we should wait...

Hear me out here.

What better way to christen the new building than with a huge ceremony to raise Voth's number to the rafters?

Get all the retired numbers together for the ceremony (those who are still with us at least :( ) and have a really memorable night as we enter our new home.

Sheincar

What a sad way to end a career. Was a real character and that's in short supply in this league. As he's flying home mid week it would be a wonderful tribute to retire his shirt tomorrow. Would rather do that than wait another 2 or more years.

TheStub

Why the rush? We can give him an amazing send off and then give him the biggest honer a team can bestow at a later time.

Really make that an event.

What we need is an official Devils Hall of Fame. Induct players into that. We can then honer players properly without running out of numbers.

oneill said:
Bad timing for the Devils due to the fact they cant bring in a replacement..
I'm sure we have until the 14th to sign someone. All be it British players or imports who are already over here and registered and maybe just out of favour at their club or have fallen out with their coach or recently been suspended and fined! ;)
Gutted about the news though! And definitely think something should be done to thank him for his services! Whether it be hanging the 26 from the rafters! New bar in the new rink named after him - 'Bar Voth' ? All the best Vother!