Brad Voth brands Cardiff Devils ‘a bunch of idiots’

Thread starter #1
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sports...diff-devils-a-bunch-of-idiots-91466-25503599/

CAPTAIN Brad Voth admitted Cardiff Devils players looked ‘like a bunch of idiots’ during the second period of their crushing 5-0 Elite League defeat against Nottingham Panthers.

It was the Devils’ seventh successive defeat on the road and pressure is growing on player-coach Gerad Adams to find a winning formula away from Cardiff Bay.

“We went in with a game-plan and stuck to it during the first period,” said Voth, clearly shaken by a one-sided defeat which followed the 6-2 loss at Coventry Blaze on Sunday.

“At 0-0 going into the second, we looked in good shape, but in the second we were skating round like a bunch of idiots.

“We didn’t stick to the game-plan we had settled on and a couple of key guys made mistakes on defence – and I was one of them. We had chances, but did not take them.

“In the first and third period we stuck to the game-plan and did well. But we went off plan during the second and we were punished.

“The guys care about Devils. We are all bitterly upset by this and want to put it right – starting against Belfast on Saturday and then Sheffield on Sunday.”

DevilDom

Lets hope we have an away performance to match with the talk for a change.

So far we have heard a lot from G, Franny and now Brad about how they are trying to put things right, and although its nice to hear that players (and the club captain in particular) do actually care and i'd prefer less talk and more reaction in terms of performance on the ice.

voth26

it's a start at least takes a lot to admit you are playing crap and costing the team and shortchanging the fans!!!, but now we need to see the same passion to win as past devils teams and us fans have, maybe they should pretend that every game is at the tent when they play away as they clearly have the winning mentality in the tent and im not joking about that comment

kettdevil1

voth26 said:
now we need to see the same passion to win as past devils teams
Yes, it is often how teams bounce back that defines them.

I'm sure someone will correct me anout the exact scores but I remember in the Lawless era going to Durham and losing 12-4 in the cup but coming back to the WNIR and beating them 10-4 to get our pride back.

Russky

A Refreshinghingly honest appraisal of their own performance! :eek: Its all well and good saying this in trying to appease fan frustrations and disappointment, but wouldnt it be better letting their hockey do their talking for them by drasticly improving their on ice performances away from the Big Blue Ten starting with a win tonight in Belfast!

Russky said:
A Refreshinghingly honest appraisal of their own performance! :eek: Its all well and good saying this in trying to appease fan frustrations and disappointment, but wouldnt it be better letting their hockey do their talking for them by drasticly improving their on ice performances away from the Big Blue Ten starting with a win tonight in Belfast!

Well said!

would you rather he came out and said they didn't play that badly though? or come up with an excuse? or just ignored the issue all together?

DevilDom

nmase20 said:
would you rather he came out and said they didn't play that badly though? or come up with an excuse? or just ignored the issue all together?
No. I would rather the team did there talking on the ice and played with the same passion away from home that they seem to do at home.

Russky

nmase20 said:
I am glad Vother said what he did rather having to listen to the lame prepared statements of excuses that is more prevelent from football managers! Having said they now have to let their on ice actions do the talking for them!