Brad - positive/negative effects of the media circus

Fubar

Thread starter #1
what effect (if any)do you think this will have on Brad's game (especially the next scum game) in view of recent events?

Discuss

Wannabe2

Think the man will be as positive as ever, will give 500% as ever, and will play the game as it should always be played. You can teach people skill, you can teach people how to improve there stamina, you can teach people how to hit, and how not to be hit, but the one thing no one can do is to give someone a bigger heart, you either have it or you dont, and our man Vother has one the size of the universe, thats why everyone else would love to sign him, we fortunately seen those qualities 4 seasons ago, and are still loving them now.

Brads a pro :D

it didn't bother him too much last season - well not on the Ice anyway, the incumbant administration wound him up a bit though.

I think his game will get a lot better..... :) :)

Fubar said:
what effect (if any)do you think this will have on Brad's game (especially the next scum game) in view of recent events?

Discuss
i dont think it will affect him to much i think he will be on his game sunday then when we play the tosser he will be all out to destroy

Chris

Administrator
Hopefully it'll wind the crowd up a lot more than the man himself :)

Can't wait to cheer when Paul announces his name :)

Chris.

I don't think it'll affect Brad personally, and thankfully for once he has the full backing of the owners as well as the team and fans.
What does worry me, and has done since the ban was first announced, is the suspended ban. With the lowlife behind other teams I feel it'll make Brad a sitting target.

James

Administrator
Flames24 said:
I don't think it'll affect Brad personally, and thankfully for once he has the full backing of the owners as well as the team and fans.
What does worry me, and has done since the ban was first announced, is the suspended ban. With the lowlife behind other teams I feel it'll make Brad a sitting target.
As long as he isn't called for slashing he'll be ok. The mythical sucker punch was the worry as if they imagined it once they could imagine it again. As long as he doesn't get all finnerty with his stick he should be fine.

Fubar

Thread starter #8
Flames24 said:

That's my thoughts exactly...whilst he will bring, hopefully, stability back to the team, i just think that the next squeelers game will bring repercussions of sorts. time for the rest of the team to step up and protect Brad as much as they can when the time comes. the game he played after appeal seen a different Brad where you could clearly see that he wasnt his normal self..this is my concerns.

positives - a clear boost for the club,team and the fans, having his presence back on the ice. a good leader who shows by example (apart from the slashing po lava :roll: )

whilst i see the likes of sharp, munn, randy (what was his mum thinkin' when she named him??), finnerty and any other wannabe antagoniser looking for the opportunity to get his suspended ban enforced...i can see the next shuff game being clearly entertaining!

I do agree with Fubar, as much as I see the majority of players just carrying on with their own game there is that small minority that will be out to get Brad. I think its a ridiculous idea to have a suspended ban, once the ban has been served it should be done with and if there is an additional incident it should be dealt with on its own merrits. I would love more than anyone for Brad to shut the steelers up in the next game but I fear he will have to be a little quieter with his game atleast with the team we have he now has the backing of several guys who will be ready to go. Although its easy to say that Brad just has to watch his slashing but (correct me if i'm wrong..) didn't the league say the suspended ban would be enforced if a 'similar incident' occurs, the league being the league that we all know that statement is far to ambiguous for Brad to really relax into his game.

I hope he doesn't change his game as he is great entertainment value. I think this might even spur him on to be a better player.
I would love to be able to see how he doe's against the Steelers next game.

oneill said:
I hope he doesn't change his game as he is great entertainment value. I think this might even spur him on to be a better player.
I would love to be able to see how he doe's against the Steelers next game.
you should be more worried about how he plays on Sunday ;) :D :D :D :D ;)

The 'key' to Voth continuing as the league's most effective power forward and the Devils' key man ..........lies with his team-mates. At the first sign of real, over-physical Steelers' play or niggle his team-mates have got to 'step in'. And not just McIver or PrPich - all his line mates.....and each time it happens ! I don't mean they should dive in throwing punches....and thereby incur stupid penalty time. But they should be 'in-there', physically, to show ....that in picking on Voth - they are picking on the 'team' !
I felt last week against the Vipers, that PrPich, who as usual was getting in amongst them - paid an unnecessary physical price as several Vipers targeted him..........and no one stepped in to support him or take some of the attention away from him.
Look at that mid-ice hit on Hinks from McAllister, quite legitimate though it was. Do you think a similar hit from a Voth or McIver against one of the Vipers would have gone without retribution. I'm afraid in this instance our complete indifference sent out a message - you can take liberties with our players...we're not that bothered !

schulersagoodun said:
The 'key' to Voth continuing as the league's most effective power forward and the Devils' key man ..........lies with his team-mates. At the first sign of real, over-physical Steelers' play or niggle his team-mates have got to 'step in'. And not just McIver or PrPich - all his line mates.....and each time it happens ! I don't mean they should dive in throwing punches....and thereby incur stupid penalty time. But they should be 'in-there', physically, to show ....that in picking on Voth - they are picking on the 'team' !
I felt last week against the Vipers, that PrPich, who as usual was getting in amongst them - paid an unnecessary physical price as several Vipers targeted him..........and no one stepped in to support him or take some of the attention away from him.
Look at that mid-ice hit on Hinks from McAllister, quite legitimate though it was. Do you think a similar hit from a Voth or McIver against one of the Vipers would have gone without retribution. I'm afraid in this instance our complete indifference sent out a message - you can take liberties with our players...we're not that bothered !

I completely agree with all of this

My only reservation is the "SSIHL discipline and appeals commitee". We appear to have been on the receiving end of a forced roller coaster ride by the hidden heirarchy of the league. I just hope that the bigger more influential clubs are not going to call for a review of every hit in every game they play against us!

with the average size of our D men being well over 6', Cardiff should be the most difficult place to visit in the whole league.