Boxing Day Against The Blaze

Gaz G

Thread starter #1
Not going to offer these odds as im skint haha but I'll bet that if both players are on the ice, nothing happens between Voth and Campbell.

We have this "revenge/he'll get what's coming" all the time and it never happens.

I for one, despite loving the fighting side of the game, hope it doesn't. Why? Because I would guarantee with the numpties in charge of this league that it has already been stated to both players that if anything happens in the next couple of games without cause, they will be in trouble.

Views?

Finny

I predict a riot.

Most of the time when two teams meet and you expect a lot of 'incident' - it turns out to be a massive anti-climax.

Devils-Blaze games seem to be the opposite. If you expect a bit of violence you get it in bucketloads. Has there ever been a boring Devils-Blaze game?

I still think the EIHL might ban Campbell for 4 games to defuse the system. If they don't, I expect all hell to break loose in the final 10 minutes unless it's a tied game. And I expect the Coventry fans to be calling for Voth to be banned for life after he murders half their team.

can we have a 2 referee system for this game and hope they bring their notepads to jot down all the penalties (thats if they get called ) :lol:, if i was a betting person, id say that it will kick off regardless, but it wount be voth going for campbell, my bet would be on miller or romfo or maybe even finnerty

it seems so wierd hearing people taking about finnerty playing for us, going to take some getting used too :p. I would say it probably will be miller or finnerty looking to dance but hopefully it will be more of a isolated fight than an all down brawl, we could do without anymore players being banned.

I agree with Gaz on this one. I cant see anything kicking off between Voth and Campbell, it will probably be Miller or someone else that goes for him. We were all expecting something else to kick off with hull when they came down the next time after the season opener at the tent and nothing did. I just cant see Voth wasting his time on him - personally i love the fighting side of hockkey but for that game i would much rather see Vother stick a few points on the board and get the win than go and get revenge on Campbell and then sit out for the game because lets face it we all know this could happen.

ASHIPP

Agree - Brad doesn't need any more injuries or PIMs. But let's face it, that idiot(Campbell) needs sorting out. Miller was raring to get on the ice during Brad's injury. :twisted: Seems like he's the man to finish the job. If it does happen, just hope whoever it is does enough to make the point, without incurring too many penalties for it. :cool: I'm not a great fan of fighting....but sometimes it might be neccessary! :lol:

I hope it goes mental loads of cheapshooting loads of fights.

Loads of lengthy bans for all players involved leaving the tiltle to the giants or panthas :twisted:

Russky

I think we need to keep our expectations of retribution in check. It depends who is reffing it!.

If Hicksy or Deano are reffing as I expect then we may see some fireworks.
IF the League appoint one Hanson or even Thompson to officiate the game I think the game will revert to type and become a boring stalemate as the ref will want to keep a tight reign on proceedings for fear of any glimmer of a fracas breaking out!

If Darnell refs then it could turn into a bloodbath!

Russky

Wannabe2 said:
It will be a local ref as its boxing day, prob Hicksy.
That was my thinking as well Glynne! In that case, it could be feisty encounter. We all know the way Hicksy tends to penalise the Devils more than the oppos, so we must be well disciplined that night as not to give away any more penalties than Hicksy 'gives' us! ;)

I was going to say, as the the stub points out, hicks seems to like to give each side equal penalties, even if he has to make some up. Then i realised, where is the stub??? his presence seems lacking.

Finny

nmase20 said:
I was going to say, as the the stub points out, hicks seems to like to give each side equal penalties, even if he has to make some up. Then i realised, where is the stub??? his presence seems lacking.
He's on a top secret mission. We can't give you any clues as to what it is, only that it's code name is "Derek Campbell Must Suffer".