Bowling With Brad

Thread starter #1
Just spotted Cardiff Devils on Twitter reply to someone about this event, which is apparently being arranged by CDSL.

Any info on it?

Sheincar

Details have been available on CDSL desk & on CDSL page of programme for several weeks.

Will be taking place on November 14 at Hollywood Bowl at Red Dragon Centre. Members of CDSL £8 non members £10. Covers 2 games. Payment by end of October.

If you've missed that you may also have missed:
Halloween Competition 29 October
Bath Christmas Market 26 November
Childrens Xmas party 11 December at the Pilot

Thread starter #4
Its probably worth CDSL using the internet and social networking to advertise. I don't buy the programme and do not visit the CDSL desk. I do not go to every game. And I know I am one of many who are the same. Gareth is a ST holder and tells me he hasn't heard any announcements or seen any flyers/posters.

Just an idea; thanks anyway.

You amaze me Clare this has been well advertised and no i am not a member of CDSL but we are going as its always a fun night i am sure they will have a full crowd , it seems you cant please everyone no matter how hard you try !

DevilDom

dmd said:
You amaze me Clare this has been well advertised and no i am not a member of CDSL but we are going as its always a fun night i am sure they will have a full crowd , it seems you cant please everyone no matter how hard you try !
Sorry but I agree with Clare on this one. I'm a ST holder, but I too don't usually buy a program or visit the CDSL desk. I think all these events have been poorly advertised. Most people use the internet nowadays so posts on the website, facebook, twitter or even on here would have been much more effective than in the match program after all we are in 2011 not 1911.

DevilDom said:
dmd said:
Sorry but I agree with Clare on this one. I'm a ST holder, but I too don't usually buy a program or visit the CDSL desk. I think all these events have been poorly advertised. Most people use the internet nowadays so posts on the website, facebook, twitter or even on here would have been much more effective than in the match program after all we are in 2011 not 1911.
But what do you expect them to do ? go around to everyone in the rink and invite them , its been in the programme its advertised in the rink i have seen it and if you go to games i would imagine you would have seen it somewhere and if not ... you know about it now its still a few weeks away so go book your place !! hell we had many many years without forums etc and always managed

TheStub

I go to every game, I didn't know about it. I do now by chance.

It only takes 5 minutes to pop on here and post it - we have agreed that CDSL can do that and provide us articles for our main site. I believe the Devils do the same.

I don't visit the CDSL desk and usually don't buy a program. But there are all these other means available that cost next to nothing, indeed nothing - just 5 minute investment of time.

Invitations have been resent, and hopefully you'll see a more open CDSL soon.

At least someone had the forethought to start a thread letting everyone else know about the event.

DevilDom

dmd said:
But what do you expect them to do ? go around to everyone in the rink and invite them , its been in the programme its advertised in the rink i have seen it and if you go to games i would imagine you would have seen it somewhere and if not ... you know about it now its still a few weeks away so go book your place !! hell we had many many years without forums etc and always managed
Times change - the program may have been the only way to advertise it 20 years ago, However I, like many people in my generation and the generation younger than me get the majority of their information from the internet nowadays. Surely if CDSL aim to attract new members and be a supporter group for all ages should explore all ways of advertising events. It costs nothing to post on here, the website, or twitter or facebook and would take very little time either. Progress isn't bad.

Thread starter #12
Re: Re: Bowling With Brad

dmd said:
No need for 1 to 1 invitations. Announcement over the PA; advert on the TVs; posters on more than one wall by the CDSL desk; flyers handed out with ticket collections. And that's just the start.

I have no idea how it was managed before the world of the internet; there seems to be some sort of secret handshake thing to get in/be given information.

But, with the internet now - in 2011 - being such a prevalent part of peoples lives, it would be a silly move to ignore or even fight against its power. Is is by far the most time and cost efficient way of advertising.

I should not be expected to have to not only attend games on a regular basis, but also have visit a little tressle table in the corner with pieces of paper on it to find out information about events.

May I point out that the only reason I NOW know, is because I saw Nina reply to someone on Twitter (an internet based social networking site) about it, which prompted me to ask on here about it. Luckily, there is always someone in the know on this here internet based fan forum. What a good idea - who'd a thunk it?

To be fair, this event has been announced at the last few games, along with the other events. This was how I found out about it, but I don't tend to wander around the rink during period breaks much. I know the announcements are not to clear once you leave the seating area

To be fair, this event has been announced at the last few games, along with the other events. This was how I found out about it, but I don't tend to wander around the rink during period breaks much. I know the announcements are not to clear once you leave the seating area
I stand and I still heard it being announced a few times :)

DevilDom

The point is though, why risk missing anyone at all when its so easy and cost free to use all of the possible avenues for advertisement?