BOOM BOOM

voth26

just checked elite site and still no mention of max resigning yet plenty about giants/panthers and even plommer's return to steelerland!!! nothing new there then

Ger-Devils

voth26 said:
just checked elite site and still no mention of max resigning yet plenty about giants/panthers and even plommer's return to steelerland!!! nothing new there then
All down to the teams back office sending the story it seems..

Gaz G

Ger-Devils said:
voth26 said:
Don't get why this is such a big issue with some people. We the fans who care about the Devils know so why the fuss?

TheStub

Re: Re: BOOM BOOM

Gaz G said:
Ger-Devils said:
voth26 said:
Don't get why this is such a big issue with some people. We the fans who care about the Devils know so why the fuss?
It is a question of profile and attitude.

It takes minutes to copy and paste the article, and reach a slightly bigger audience. If they can't be bothered to do that, what else aren't they bothering to do? Order equipment? Get visas sorted? Negotiate with players and sponsors?

If we can't be bothered to reach the next easiest media outlet it indicates a potentially less than professional attitude to me.

TheStub said:
It is a question of profile and attitude.

It takes minutes to copy and paste the article, and reach a slightly bigger audience. If they can't be bothered to do that, what else aren't they bothering to do? Order equipment? Get visas sorted? Negotiate with players and sponsors?

If we can't be bothered to reach the next easiest media outlet it indicates a potentially less than professional attitude to me.
Spot on the stub, the club should be looking to hit every single media outlet available to them. If they aren't using an outlet that is as simple as copy and paste, how do we ever expect to gain consistent and frequent TV, Radio coverage etc.
Its a simple task that any one of the office team could do in minutes.

A

Anonymous

I also agree 100%. If when we make a signing it's not shown on the main British Ice hockey website, for whatever reason, then something somewhere isn't right.

It's not a difficult thing to fix, but seems to always be overlooked. Not a professional approach in my opinion.

everyone last season was sayin on hear max consistancy wasnt there and people wanted a replacement, and my comments aint sayin max is bad his clearly not and bring alot to the team, i do wish to see some fresh faces doe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Simms send in the articles to the league site on behalf of Sheffield or would it be the backroom staff?

If it's the latter, we should be massively bothered about it, as Sheffield seem to have more regular articles on there than we do, you have to wonder why.

If it's Simms, which I think it is, then when you consider our backroom staff have now taken on Sheff's backroom work as well (not entirely sure how true that is, although I know all the staff one day last week were up in Sheffield), I can understand why articles aren't set through. I still think more effort should be done to get our news on the site though!

Chris

Administrator
everyone last season was sayin on hear max consistancy wasnt there and people wanted a replacement, and my comments aint sayin max is bad his clearly not and bring alot to the team, i do wish to see some fresh faces doe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In English?

Chris :?

TheStub

devilish said:
Does Simms send in the articles to the league site on behalf of Sheffield or would it be the backroom staff?

If it's the latter, we should be massively bothered about it, as Sheffield seem to have more regular articles on there than we do, you have to wonder why.

If it's Simms, which I think it is, then when you consider our backroom staff have now taken on Sheff's backroom work as well (not entirely sure how true that is, although I know all the staff one day last week were up in Sheffield), I can understand why articles aren't set through. I still think more effort should be done to get our news on the site though!
I think you are right, and therefore we need someone like Simms.

I have a feeling that Kelly has been running with a lot of the Simms type work (no information, just tone). As she is at Download this weekend that may explain why it isn't up.

If that is true, someone else should have owned it.

ASHIPP

No worries, folks. Said important article about Max is one of today's lead pieces on the Elite League website. :D :cool: There may be very good reasons why it hasn't appeared there earlier - the announcement was made in the press over the weekend.
Persons responsible perhaps had other commitments/days off but how anyone can conclude (from that,) that the office appear to be prioritising the Steelers' workload or 'not bothering' with Devils' business beats me! It's so easy to make accusations without knowing the reasons. :roll:

You all have, I assume, noticed that there were no News updates on the elite league website over the weekend?

The last one was on Friday, now there are some posted today.

Perhaps the Elite league website guy takes weekends off?
But then, that's less 'fun' isn't it?

DevilDom

Imagine said:
Perhaps the Elite league website guy takes weekends off?
But then, that's less 'fun' isn't it?
Would seem like a good explanation except there are articles posted on 30th, 23rd, 17th, 16th and 10th April which are all weekend dates (yes I am sad).

People may have been at Download festival @ Donnington. Kelly from Devils office was according to her twitter, also Mcrae and Pelle had a weekend in London together. Hopefully the latter two will be returning to cardiff to sign contracts, we can still hope........ plead...... wish...... beg...... grovel..... theat they will!

Clare said:
Personal holidays are no excuse for not announcing news/getting work done.
Weekends are "personal holidays" now?

OK..maybe could have been allocated for someone else to do but a delay of Friday to Monday to have news of a "re-signing" put on the EIHL website doesn't seem to be a huge deal to me.

Jones72

Jesus H. Mohammad-Buddha!

Only on here could an announcement about Max re-signing turn into a conspiracy theory! Get a grip, people.

Great news, by the way. Happy days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voth26

Gaz G said:
Ger-Devils said:
voth26 said:
No issue at all just an observation, if thats ok with you ;)

Sorry, after reading that back it's not how I wanted it to sound.

I meant; Just because someone is on a personal holiday i.e. Download, it shouldn't mean that any work (that is important and necessary) doesn't get done. When anyone else goes on holiday, someone covers them. If they knew that a signing was going to be announced, then surely they should have someone posting it up at the right time or even, y'know with all this tech nowadays, you can schedule launch dates of announcements! Voila!

Its not about getting uppity, making sure the team who its about gets in there first because its *their* news. Its just about being consistent across the League and reducing opportunities for "one-up-man-ship".

It gets confusing when one website is reporting one thing, and another not/something different.

ASHIPP

Clare said:
Sorry, after reading that back it's not how I wanted it to sound.

I meant; Just because someone is on a personal holiday i.e. Download, it shouldn't mean that any work (that is important and necessary) doesn't get done. When anyone else goes on holiday, someone covers them. If they knew that a signing was going to be announced, then surely they should have someone posting it up at the right time or even, y'know with all this tech nowadays, you can schedule launch dates of announcements! Voila!

Its not about getting uppity, making sure the team who its about gets in there first because its *their* news. Its just about being consistent across the League and reducing opportunities for "one-up-man-ship".

It gets confusing when one website is reporting one thing, and another not/something different.

Important news/mentions of Max's return to the Devils appeared in the following places over the weekend:

'South Wales Echo', Terry Philips' Twitter blog, the Cardiff Devils' website, British Ice Hockey website and Twitter, Twitter blogs of one or two players and personnel connected with the Club, Elite Prospects website.

And folks are moaning about one website which published the news as soon as it could. :roll:

And how is 'one upmanship' likely to happen? Apart from Finnerty going to Sheffield (and the Steelers were entitled to publish that first), I have yet to see one release from our club where other clubs have 'stolen the march' first. Yes, news maybe out there on fans' forums...but it's all gossip until confirmed through official club channels.