Blight to Steelers

Echo said he did not want to go so presume he was pushed. Management seem to have lost all ambition which will lead to loss of fans. Sorry Max but I would have let you go before Chris but guess you are cheaper. If Marissette goes as well we might as well all give up.

I agree with kipper 100%, blight was pushed out FACT. Really disappointing to see this happen again, let's hope Dave Whistle still has a team to choose a lineup from?? How long will mac faulkner last now???

Temme

Marsh and faulkner to sheffield for next year then to keep the 3 mates together.

All coached by none other than Gerad Adams.

(Not a rumour, but that's where my money is...)

Sheincar

Jean said:
Echo said he did not want to go so presume he was pushed. Management seem to have lost all ambition which will lead to loss of fans. Sorry Max but I would have let you go before Chris but guess you are cheaper. If Marissette goes as well we might as well all give up.
On Twitter Simms has said that if a player gives his notice he cannot move to another EIHL club. Therefore Blight had to have been pushed otherwise he couldn't end up at Sheffield.

fried egg said:
The Devils offered players to Sheffield, looks like Blight was the one they picked. Kurka I think was brought in to prove that there is talent in Europe and the others have followed. I think next years team will be Euro based,I just hope they go for the better ones not the cheaper ones.
I have tried not to take sides this year regards the Club/Militia but for me this is a step to far.
Brent I want you gone now before you do anymore damage.
I can see G coaching the Steelers next year and I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Hill,Blight,Marsh, Davies and Faulkner are there with him.
DC is with us on a 2yr deal. If Finner was given 2 years I am sure Doug will be too. Especially as we seem to be getting more settled results wise.

Sad to see the current situations in Cardiff - the sooner Dumb and Dumber leave, the better your club will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to see you go Chris! Wishing you all the very best im sure you will be treated with more respect at Sheffield! Hope to see you in a Devils shirt again one day! Would not surprise me if they got rid of the likes of Max, Mac or Tyson next! IDIOTS :evil:

Slartibartfast

So Phil Cook has gone also. Now this one I dont understand. I can only assume it is based on his away form. I only saw him at home games and he looked great to me

voth26

Slartibartfast said:
So Phil Cook has gone also. Now this one I dont understand. I can only assume it is based on his away form. I only saw him at home games and he looked great to me
dope doesnt like blighter and doesnt get on with him thats the reason!!. time for pr to wake up get the s"£$ out of his eyes with regards to dope and get rid of him before he destroys the devils for good

ASHIPP

This reminds me of another player who was a victim of budget control. Luke Fulghum was moved v quickly to the Steelers because Blaze needed to save money. He didn't want to go. Infact at Sheffield he was but a shadow of his former capabilities and often looked lost and unhappy.

Thankyou to Chris for his commitment to the Devils. He will be missed. A top guy too.

I doubt v much that Gerad will be coaching the Steelers next season. Tony Smith has completely backed Christiansen and the team are doing ok.
However, I certainly will not be suprised to see a majority of this year's Devils' players either in other EIHL teams or elsewhere.

Dave Whistle loves a challenge and building teams is an area of expertise for him. If PR wants real success next season (and the Club needs it going into the new arena) then he surely will quickly realise that Whis is the man to take on this challenge. Rebuild the team, rebuild the Club, restore reputation and a strong fanbase. It's in their hands.

Kipper said:
Sliput said:
Haven't read most of this thread as I know who will be taking great delight in wallowing in the misery, those who will see it objectively and those who will be happy clappers BUT if the rumours are true and Chris was the devilinside on Twitter then if the club found out then I , as an employer would do the same. I have no idea if its true and if I am brutally honest I dont care. Ragan and Pope are gonna do what they are gonna do and if the same people are going to show outrage at what they are doing , they are going to be exhausted by April.

Show your disapproval by not going to games....that is the only way you will hurt him. Anyway I am done with all the drama if thus club...time to move on methinks.
First I've heard about the devilsinside rumours. Where did that come from?
The point has been well and truly missed here, iF Chris was devilsinside2013 then most of those tweets will have been true, now that is far more worrying

mweller

To those suggesting that Pope got rid of Blight to deliberately undermine Whistle's tenure - I expect he has drugged the water supply as well. He'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.

Slartibartfast

mweller said:
To those suggesting that Pope got rid of Blight to deliberately undermine Whistle's tenure - I expect he has drugged the water supply as well. He'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids.
Where is the like button when you need it. That made me laugh :D

Mooney#16 said:
On paper no they are not as strong. But I can see the budget reasoning behind it. If you want to run with a spare the remainder of the year to cover injuries and give you the best run possible at the play offs and hit them as fresh as possible then you have to make a budget move. Who else would you cut. Like I said Blight has struggled all year and if his performance doesn't match his wage then he is open to scrutiny from the coach GM. If he had 25 goals on the year and was playing well in his own end he just wouldn't be on the radar. Unfortunately for the guy he has been slumping heavily this year and has got gassed. That's the world of pro hockey I fear.

I feel for the guy personally as its crap to be gassed and all the upheaval it brings and kick in the teeth but its life in the pros also.
Sorry for the late reply Mooney but I think my reply is still relevant to this thread.

My thoughts are that whilst you have a take on individual performances that you choose to post, I think that our perspectives are a little different. I'm not one for calling out (or at) players when they make bad plays. I won't post about bad plays when I haven't got the time to post about the many good ones too. It's all too easy to highlight the mistakes without paying the same attention to talented plays. What I love about Chris' game is his passion for the team, willingness to chase as quickly into the dirty areas as the open ice, and not hide away when he is lacking form or carrying an injury. I'm sure that he didn't have a steroid injection for the good of himself or his bench coach. All this from a skill guy who could play a different style that wouldn't take the same toll on his body.

I won't post who I would cut from the team as I don't believe it will help. Leading into the Playoffs, who wants to make cuts in the first place? I understand the demands of budget but this message is being stated by the same (mis)management team who are effectively paying for 3 coaches. One who they sack in his testimonial year, one who is commentating in Russia and one who is actually behind the bench (and PR says we can't afford - no s*** Sherlock, whose fault is that?)!

If Blighter was scoring 25 goals on the year and better D, we would be cutting another player, so I think that the point is moot.

I find any player sackings hyper hypocritical by a management who aren't doing their jobs in the first place. If there are budget cuts to be made, I think it's fairly obvious where they should be made first.

On a more positive note, really glad to see Whis finally get the team to play good team D. Some of our recent heavy defeats have been symptomatic of a team playing angry offense rather than with cool headed defence. It's not fair to release any player for what has been a team failing due to the coaching set up from hell!

Wannabe2

Well Doug has finally got one of the players he has wanted since his Giants days, the Steelers just got stronger, and the Devils just got weaker, maybe secretly Ragan still owns them, bit of deja vue methinks.

Sliput

jodysstillagirlsname said:
Kipper said:
Sliput said:
Haven't read most of this thread as I know who will be taking great delight in wallowing in the misery, those who will see it objectively and those who will be happy clappers BUT if the rumours are true and Chris was the devilinside on Twitter then if the club found out then I , as an employer would do the same. I have no idea if its true and if I am brutally honest I dont care. Ragan and Pope are gonna do what they are gonna do and if the same people are going to show outrage at what they are doing , they are going to be exhausted by April.

Show your disapproval by not going to games....that is the only way you will hurt him. Anyway I am done with all the drama if thus club...time to move on methinks.
First I've heard about the devilsinside rumours. Where did that come from?
The point has been well and truly missed here, iF Chris was devilsinside2013 then most of those tweets will have been true, now that is far more worrying
True or not, if it was Chris then the Devils had an absolute right to get rid of him.