Blight to Steelers

KaneDevils

Finny said:
KaneDevils said:
Maybe he left because he's had enough of the moaning, the protesting and all the bitching..
I hadn't thought of that. We can totally lay the blame on the protestors.
My point is valid, unless you can prove me wrong.
I guess it's easier to assume he was thrown out the rink, literally, by pope and Ragan who in turn hurled abuse at him whilst mocking his mother.

Ocko

KaneDevils said:
Finny said:
KaneDevils said:
Maybe he left because he's had enough of the moaning, the protesting and all the bitching..
I guess it's easier to assume he was thrown out the rink, literally, by pope and Ragan who in turn hurled abuse at him whilst mocking his mother.
The fact that there were two ex Devils players in attendance as well as support on the internet from others suggests the players have no problem at all with the protests.

James

Administrator
I'm pretty sure I heard Mac was planning to retire at the end of the season, although I may be misremembering. If both Mac and Tyson are planning on playing next year I really do hope this hasn't dented the chance of them playing here. :(

Finny

Ocko said:
KaneDevils said:
Finny said:
The fact that there were two ex Devils players in attendance as well as support on the internet from others suggests the players have no problem at all with the protests.
One of whom is a brother of a current Devil.

Finny

Mooney#16 said:
Finny said:
Too right Mooney. He was rubbish. We're so much better with him gone.

And he better not even try to score a goal against us on the 16th. If he does I'll jump out of my seat and boo the crap out of him for the total lack of respect he has shown towards the club.
Now I feel educated. Finny has shamed me. All those Face offs I've taken. All those passes and shots I've taken. All those hits I've taken and given in my time. Turns out nothing ever set in and I know nothing about the game I've played for 20 years. But no Finny in your plastic throne up the gods with your stats sheet and master interlect do pass on your words of wisdom. I'm a sponge eager to absord your wealth of hockey knowledge. Do go on.

This was about if the decision was right to release Blight or not. In my opinion his lack of form with financial outlay on his contract doesn't mean he is a bad player. It means he was not cost effective. In pro sport as a business that makes him vulnerable to the cut. Sadly for him I add.
I play football every week. Doesn't mean I'm suddenly more of an expert than Mourinho or Wenger.

Faulkner sounds pretty gutted to have lost him on twitter. But then what would he know.

James said:
I'm pretty sure I heard Mac was planning to retire at the end of the season, although I may be misremembering. If both Mac and Tyson are planning on playing next year I really do hope this hasn't dented the chance of them playing here. :(
yeah I heard that as well want to move in to politics I believe ,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KaneDevils

Finny said:
Mooney#16 said:
Finny said:

And he better not even try to score a goal against us on the 16th. If he does I'll jump out of my seat and boo the crap out of him for the total lack of respect he has shown towards the club.
Now I feel educated. Finny has shamed me. All those Face offs I've taken. All those passes and shots I've taken. All those hits I've taken and given in my time. Turns out nothing ever set in and I know nothing about the game I've played for 20 years. But no Finny in your plastic throne up the gods with your stats sheet and master interlect do pass on your words of wisdom. I'm a sponge eager to absord your wealth of hockey knowledge. Do go on.

This was about if the decision was right to release Blight or not. In my opinion his lack of form with financial outlay on his contract doesn't mean he is a bad player. It means he was not cost effective. In pro sport as a business that makes him vulnerable to the cut. Sadly for him I add.
I play football every week. Doesn't mean I'm suddenly more of an expert than Mourinho or Wenger.

Faulkner sounds pretty gutted to have lost him on twitter. But then what would he know.
Is that Wenger who hasn't won a trophy since how long, and mourinho who just sold a top player to a rival club? Ah, you mean Joe Myers? Who's just been gassed. Of course Mac ls disappointed, he's his buddy.

Kipper

Chris Blight did not want to leave Cardiff.He had no choice in the matter.

It is sad that two players who have stood up to Pope in the room have been moved on. Pope is a typical bully who is not man enough to manage people properly.

Off to Sochi and his parting shot is to leave Whis without his top points scorer. It's almost like he wants Whis to fail!!

KaneDevils

Kipper said:
Chris Blight did not want to leave Cardiff.He had no choice in the matter.

It is sad that two players who have stood up to Pope in the room have been moved on. Pope is a typical bully who is not man enough to manage people properly.

Off to Sochi and his parting shot is to leave Whis without his top points scorer. It's almost like he wants Whis to fail!!
He's not our top points scorer, Mac is.

MY observations:

-Obviously he was pushed........... he was kissing his devils logo just last weekend.
-We would have had to release him to agree for Sheffield to sign him.
-People don't score without ASSISTS......
-Plumton tweets seems gutted
-Mac tweets saying he makes players around him better but clearly you lot on this forum (who have played or not played) know more about it than his team mate....... :DWD :DWD
-I was pretty much on the fence but this has made my decision about hockey this season.
-Simms speaks to BLIGHT himself who says he's disappointed to leave Cardiff.... PUSHED!
I'm not pro Sullivan or Anti Ragan/Pope at all but this takes the piss!

Good luck Whis!

I guess nobody REALLY likes change - we all like to get comfortable with our own situation, and hence I can understand why Chris would not be overly happy at the Devils door closing - but as many have said previously, as one door closes another door of opportunity opens - I wish Chris well for the future and am grateful for the enjoyment he has brought me whilst wearing a Devils jersey.

For those speculating that the decisions have been made with a secondary agenda of almost wishing Dave Whistle to fail, I find it difficult to fathom that a coach with Dave Whistle's experience and credentials (in the world of Ice Hockey) would not have been fully aware of the situation and decisions in the pipeline, before agreeing to step in as temporary Coach and then go ahead and to on the role.

Speculation of this nature IMHO is like trying to put a 100 piece jigsaw together with only 20 pieces, and claiming that you somehow have the full picture!!

There could be Commercial reasons why a higher earner needs to be released - as many sports finds Commercial reasons often prevail over sentimental reasons - that's life. We live in a Commercial world.

samidevils said:
MY observations:

-Obviously he was pushed........... he was kissing his devils logo just last weekend.
-We would have had to release him to agree for Sheffield to sign him.
-People don't score without ASSISTS......
-Plumton tweets seems gutted
-Mac tweets saying he makes players around him better but clearly you lot on this forum (who have played or not played) know more about it than his team mate....... :DWD :DWD
-I was pretty much on the fence but this has made my decision about hockey this season.
-Simms speaks to BLIGHT himself who says he's disappointed to leave Cardiff.... PUSHED!
I'm not pro Sullivan or Anti Ragan/Pope at all but this takes the piss!

Good luck Whis! You'll need it
Corrected for you

Can't see this making Dave Whistle's job any easier, even if it is only for a few weeks .... :Ninja and from what I heard Blight's face when leaving was not :D

Dwoods said:
You gotta be kidding me right? Anyone that thinks Blight does not deserve his place on our top 1st or 2nd line just knows nothing about the game. Since his injury he's been key to most of our goals./quote]
He's been poor throughout the season. In Scotland last weekend he was anonymous.
Dwoods said:
Shocking to be forced out like this, and trust me he's been pushed. This management of Brent and Ragan strikes again. The sooner Brent gets out of our club the better we will all be..
Professional sports clubs release' non-performing players....at least most do. This club for too long has persevered with non productive players. Thank goodness management and coach are prepared to make decisions rather than simply drift into mediocrity as in the past year or two years.

Dwoods said:
Good luck Blighter, the management here did not deserve you, but the fans that know about ice hockey will surely miss you. I wish things were different and we had a decent management driving us right now. Unfortunately we are stuck with Dumb & Dumber (Ragan & Brent). You should be glad to have escaped us.
But the management team driving us just now are motivating the team to produce the most exciting hockey we've seen in the last 16 months. So many of us were becoming bored for the first time in many years of watching ice hockey. Sure, we haven't the kind of playing roster that Adams and Francis promised us - but since the 'changes' we are playing so much better.

Kipper

Armchair Coach said:
There could be Commercial reasons why a higher earner needs to be released - as many sports finds Commercial reasons often prevail over sentimental reasons - that's life. We live in a Commercial world.
Every chance you are right.However, who is to blame for the falling crowds? Where is the marketing? Why do the management continue to alienate so many of their paying customers?
A commercially viable business does not insult its customers and sponsors.If they can't afford the players it is the fault of two people for not doing their jobs properly.

If they spent as much time marketing or gaining new sponsors instead of spouting bullshit on Devils TV then the business might have a chance of providing what the supporters would be willing to pay to see.

Lastly,what will our commercially viable team look like next season? When will the early bird season tocket offer be coming out?

Temme

Blight WAS our top goal scorer before injury, when everyone had played the same number of games.

Selling our top point scorer is clueless, and as others have said setting Whistle up to fail already.

I would seriously advise all devils players to get off this sinking ship.
As a few others have stated I don't think any of us 5 are renewing our season tickets next year. -£2200 for the club, but I'd rather spend it on something I will enjoy that some muppets can't ruin for me.

Ocko

Id love to have seen a players strike. That's what this management deserve however I wouldn't wish that on Whis. A Spanish football team did that this week!

The Devils offered players to Sheffield, looks like Blight was the one they picked. Kurka I think was brought in to prove that there is talent in Europe and the others have followed. I think next years team will be Euro based,I just hope they go for the better ones not the cheaper ones.
I have tried not to take sides this year regards the Club/Militia but for me this is a step to far.
Brent I want you gone now before you do anymore damage.
I can see G coaching the Steelers next year and I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Hill,Blight,Marsh, Davies and Faulkner are there with him.

davew

Really gutted, sickened and well pee'ed off.

If purely a commercial consideration, Kurka's salary is what is crippling the club.

As for a return on that salary. I don't know the numbers or comparisons etc, but I don't think he has been the IMPACT player that we needed. Sure, he is a better player than I first thought, but surely that salary has to be cut from the budget.

Interesting to note that Rama (sp) pointed Cookie to his finnish club Roki, where both he and Takala have signed.

Nice way to put the release out as well poper!

Mooney#16

Finny said:
Mooney#16 said:
Finny said:

I'm not saying I know anymore than anyone who's in the game I'm simply saying I know more than you.

Faulkner would be upset. He's lost a good mate. Like I have said a million times if the players are truely so annoyed and wound up at their treatment. February 16th they walk out on strike. They are grown men capable of looking after their own affairs. I'd support them in it I honestly would but I don't buy the big player love in. Its a brilliant life style being a pro. Its one they choose. No one holds a gun to their head. I'd love to have it. But pro sport is a business. If they don't make themselves an essential asset you are always in the firing line for the chop same as any job. Ragan and Pope wanted a name and Blights form just didn't help. Real world situation. Redundancy in the offing. Who goes.

I'm not saying anything against Blights charecter, his personality. love for the city, his friends anything of a personal nature. He is obviously well liked by everyone close to him. Thats why it clearly sucks so much for a nice guy to get gassed. But as I said when it comes to his form (and form is temporary so not saying that even makes him a bad player) he has been in a slump so you leave yourself exposed to the whims of the mad men.