Blight to Steelers

Gospel

Sheincar said:
welshtom92 said:
Why do u all assume he was pushed? Who says steelers didn't come in and offer him more money? I suppose any reason to blame management
Surely you're not alleging Sheffield have poached one of our players. Is that why we've rushed out the bad news in the middle of the night? Oh no surely we'd be shouting about the illegality of that in normal business hours.
Decision has been made for him to leave, no doubt he will be earning more at Sheffield and was given his notice, whats wrong with that? just because you disagree with it doesn't make it wrong.

Look at all the noise over Phil Hill leaving, hes done nothing at Sheffield and is a waste of space.

Good luck to Chris in future.

Tad#

A fan on twitter said about this before it was annouced. They even said he was walking out the BBT with his kit. Blight didn't look happy.

Tad#

Can't edit previous post, so...

They've constantly lied about their actions (Pope not being coach, no more changes) and they've left it to the middle of the night to annouce this.

Pope must be proud of himself. The "idea" was to see how Whistle did and maybe offer him a contract if he did well. Just before he takes over of course, one of your top men gets moved on leaving a gap- effectively making Whistles job much harder. Ingenious.

Mooney#16

Dwoods said:
You gotta be kidding me right? Anyone that thinks Blight does not deserve his place on our top 1st or 2nd line just knows nothing about the game. Since his injury he's been key to most of our goals.

Shocking to be forced out like this, and trust me he's been pushed. This management of Brent and Ragan strikes again. The sooner Brent gets out of our club the better we will all be.

Good luck Blighter, the management here did not deserve you, but the fans that know about ice hockey will surely miss you. I wish things were different and we had a decent management driving us right now. Unfortunately we are stuck with Dumb & Dumber (Ragan & Brent). You should be glad to have escaped us.
Chill your Boots Dooey. I've kept my council on his performance for this year but he has had the most awful case of the shanks. You can like the guy and think he has been screwed over but lets not gloss over the fact for a first line go to guy he has been way of the mark this season. He will know it. His goals return has been way off pace and his assists mask some pretty poor standards. His defensive work in his own end hasn't been up to scratch with many give aways and missed assignments on his point. And is it just me or does he have a chronic reluctance to pass to Kurka. It seems to be Mac or nothing. Now when your a professional hockey player you have to live and die on your standard of play and for the salery he is occupying the return in play is probably not value for money. That has been since day one this season and he has struggled to correct it so to put it down to mis treatment or injuries would be propaganda. Its sad to see any guy leave the club as it gets personnal but in the business of hockey even he would have to say he has been missing his form this year.

I have no idea if he has been treated poorly as far as his contract conditions go and that is a seperate matter but in hockey terms I can see perfectly well why he has been cut. The fact I found myself shouting on thursday three seperate times that he was missing assignments tells its story to me.

Tell me I need to watch and learn more about hockey. I dare you.

So where have I seen this before?

Pope taps up Stevie Lyle last season, Phil Osaer leaves the club.

Pope tries to sack Blighty in the Autumn........................

Sheffield are by far a better and classier club for having Chris join them and we are still left with Pope - classless!

As for the the comments about our first line being better when a player has just departed our club after nearly two seasons, I think that shows the same lack of class. Just my opinion of course!

These kinds of goings on are helping me to make decisions about renewing my season ticket.

What a laughing stock we have become!

DevilDom

Real shame to lose Chris at this stage of the season and to one of our rivals especially.

Lets hope his replacement (Rama) can match his points production and play.

Mooney,

So do you think we are a better team without Blight on our roster? The club aren't announcing any replacements so does this mean that Rama is going to replace Blight on the team?

Mooney#16

On paper no they are not as strong. But I can see the budget reasoning behind it. If you want to run with a spare the remainder of the year to cover injuries and give you the best run possible at the play offs and hit them as fresh as possible then you have to make a budget move. Who else would you cut. Like I said Blight has struggled all year and if his performance doesn't match his wage then he is open to scrutiny from the coach GM. If he had 25 goals on the year and was playing well in his own end he just wouldn't be on the radar. Unfortunately for the guy he has been slumping heavily this year and has got gassed. That's the world of pro hockey I fear.

I feel for the guy personally as its crap to be gassed and all the upheaval it brings and kick in the teeth but its life in the pros also.

Ocko

Ah so the part time amateur league Finn replaces one of our top points scorer :DWD . Well done Brent another classy move and I guess a parting shot before he left, can they do anything to keep/make the fans happy? Even more pleased I was #outside on Thursday. Good luck Chris I hope you are in a devils jersey again one day when this car crash has finally burnt out.

Not sure why fans are up in arms again same happened when phill departed! Yes situation is not nice for the player but that's professional sport! :RAWK

What an absolute master stroke from our current owners!! Give away your highest points scorer to one of your biggest rivals, if as people say Blighter loved Cardiff then this can only be a Devils management decision. I guess we all know what's gonna come next, Cant imagine his best mates wanting to stay around Cardiff much longer, so Faulkner, Marsh, Lord, Plumton and co may well be next. This has to be the craziest decision yet, if you think this is going to help getting the fan base behind the current management team then I think your in for a very big surprise!! Hate to say this but good luck Chris Blight, go and enjoy yourself at a far more professional organisation. I was still going to be one of the people buying a season ticket next season, this decision has completely changed that thought process, I will continue to watch this season as I have paid for it, but if the same guys are in charge next season then I will be £400 better off.

Ocko

We are a hell of a lot weaker and Sheffield have strengthened considerably. 8th place it is then. Good luck Whis, you're gonna need it now.

jimmy snels

Now this really is horse s**t. We've strengthened Sheffield and weakened ourselves. Iv not bought the hype on a lot of stuff going on and can see agendas a mile off, but from a hockey point of view makes no sense. Pope leaves for a month but destabilises the team just before leaving? Make whisle' job harder and ride back in on a white horse to the rescue... I am actually lost for words at how stupid this is :evil:

Steelers tried to sign Tendler this week and were refused.

http://www.hullstingrays.net/article/16 ... 0statement

It's highly likely they approached the Devils rather than he's been shafted. We can debate the merits of the decision and there are valid arguments on both sides I would say.

My personal feeling is it inevitably strengthens the Steelers which is bad for us.

However, it's not a terrible release from our club. He's not been an impact player for us regardless of his points (which have likely been bolstered by playing with Faulkner and now Kurka)

For a guy who's likely one of our biggest earners we needed more out of him IMO.

If I was told would you rarther have Whistle in or keep Blight I'd go with Whis.

Sounds like a good move for Chris with the GB things as well.

Best of luck to him, except against us of course :)

mazza03

I wonder if Whistle has been told what to do in training by you know who!!!!!

Any how good luck Chris we will miss you.

jimmy snels said:
Now this really is horse s**t. We've strengthened Sheffield and weakened ourselves. Iv not bought the hype on a lot of stuff going on and can see agendas a mile off, but from a hockey point of view makes no sense. Pope leaves for a month but destabilises the team just before leaving? Make whisle' job harder and ride back in on a white horse to the rescue... I am actually lost for words at how stupid this is :evil:
Wow there's a first :D
Don't worry there is more to come......
One import defence man to leave and either one import two way player or a Top Brit to go as well.
And all are not by choice but forced by PR and BP.
But hey ho the business has never been stronger :Banana :Banana :Banana :Banana :Banana

Slartibartfast

Well we all knew someone would be going. I had not looked at any stats but I guessed it would be Blight. I thought he was great last year but poor this year.
Now I look at his stats on the elite league site it makes even more sense.
He has scored one more goal than Tyson Marsh, one less than Mark Richardson and approx half the goals that Ben Davies has scored. Matt Myers has scored 5 more goals than him. An import forward is expected to score a lot more than this.
Phil Hill scored a lot of assists playing with Stuart McRae but that doesn't make him a great player.
Now you can blame it on the evil management and of course I don't know if there are other issues that have demotivated him but stats are stats. Any import forward scoring less goals than Brits and defencemen is going to be vulnerable in any team.
Sorry but this is another decision I agree with.
I guess the real test of this decision will be on how is replacement performs.

jimmy snels

rogue123 said:
jimmy snels said:
One import defence man to leave and either one import two way player or a Top Brit to go as well.
But hey ho the business has never been stronger :Banana :Banana :Banana :Banana :Banana
This is where people get me wrong. I call them how I see them. Which is why it annoys me a couple of posters made me out to be a ragan happy clapping operative!

Mooney#16

rogue123 said:
jimmy snels said:
If any of that turns into reality then yes. Its gone to far. Devils have no import two way players though so you'll forgive my scepticism of your validity as a source.