Blaze Vs Devils - League - 27th Dec 23 - FO 19:30

E.D.S.

Great away performance. Could have gone either way after the first and part of the second but they stuck at it. Sanford seems to have found his touch. Solid game from Bowns.

Credit to the Blaze webcast. Decent commentators. Well worth the money.

ASHIPP

Wow 15 goals scored in two days...have we signed some new forwards? Whoever and however doesn't matter....the potential of our Team is on display. Confidence high, better focus, developing chemistry, change in tactics. Well done, two great results.

Wannabe2

Great 4 point weekend, and a sure goalfest, but let’s not get carried away Blaze are joint 7th in the league and Panthers 3 pts behind them with 3 games in hand. We done what we had to do this weekend and that’s all you can do.

Finny

First trip to Coventry in several years. In fact my first away trip anywhere. When did we fans stop singing the anthem at away games.

Overall a pretty dominant performance. Deserved to be 2-0 up after 15 minutes if not more. Then Blaze score a soft one from nothing, get their tales up and we’re hanging on to finish first period 2-2.

Due to the unique queueing system Coventry employ in their bar I missed the start of the second and the Blaze goal. By time I got back in my seat the Devils were starting to apply the pressure again. Kozun, who had already tried to decapitate Cox in first, then lost the plot and gave us a PP. A blatant tripping penalty gave us a 5-on-3 and a blast from Sanford pulled us level.

Furious that they were being called for penalties that they were committing the Blaze lost the plot. Can’t remember 4th goal but the 5th was a hopeful flick forward that Blaze managed to give to Waller who sniped it top corner.

Thought it was harsh for Kozun to get pulled again. McNulty then forced Busch into a fight and quickly regretted it. Once Busch found his feet he was throwing bomb after bomb with hardly any replay.

3rd period started on PP but after two good PPs earlier it was one of our shockers. Blaze threw everything at us for 5 minutes but Bowns was solid. Another Blaze turnover gave us an odd man rush allowing Sanford to complete a great hat-trick and all but killed the game off. Arniel adding a 7th to allow Blaze fans to leave early and beat the traffic rush.