Blaze Vs Devils - CC - 24th Sept 23 - 17:30 FO

kettdevil1

Come on lads you’re better than this, Blaze are a pretty lousy team and seem to be dragging us down to their level. 1 period left let’s play as we can.
That’s an interesting view, they took Sheffield to OT last night and defensively they look solid tonight, I would argue they are better than I expected them to be.

the way i see it we are missing to many players and did well to keep it to one to pull the netminder.i didn't think we would win when i seen the game roster.the third line only has one regular third liner and we were down to 5 d men.

RedDevil17

I didn't see the game, but what do people make it this? Only the cup, but surely we have to be beating the likes of the blaze.
Going by resume, I expected a lot more from Booth.
Pp needs to get going and fast. Missing Barrow’s net front presence.
We need to cut out the sloppy passing.
We’re missing a strong power forward in the Joey Haddad mould. Someone who’s good at protecting the puck around the boards.

august04 2.0

I didn't see the game, but what do people make it this? Only the cup, but surely we have to be beating the likes of the blaze.
I haven’t seen all the games during pre-season, but a few and last night v Flames. I think we're decent enough, well coached, we work hard, solid enough goaltending so far - all an improvement on last season. But I think we're lacking a dominant physical presence and just a little bit of extra star quality. Hopefully that comes from the likes of Arniel in the coming weeks.

What was tonight's brief in the dressing room? If there are any 50/50 challenges, let them have it? Try not to damage the plexi glass? We have too many injuries, let's not have any more? Totally different attitude from last night's game!

ASHIPP

In context, missing some key players. It's very early in the season. Blaze took Steelers to ot last night. Don't think they can be underestimated for future games.
Playing 5 d men will create a weakness. But Barrow's tenacity and ability on the pp is a massive loss early on. Let's hope he makes a safe and speedy recovery

The_Stick_

In context, missing some key players. It's very early in the season. Blaze took Steelers to ot last night. Don't think they can be underestimated for future games.
Playing 5 d men will create a weakness. But Barrow's tenacity and ability on the pp is a massive loss early on. Let's hope he makes a safe and speedy recovery
Completely agree. I’m not overly concerned yet with it only being our second competitive game. Barrow is a really big loss and I do think we miss Wallers speed.

ASHIPP

Interesting looking at the other results around the league tonight. 2 other games with the results reversed from the previous night's games.