Blaze Vs Devils - CC - 18th Sept 22

Rhyan48

From looking like we could beat anyone in the league last week to this weekend is a massive drop ! Really really poor hockey nothing happening atall

ASHIPP

For a team that had a major forward pull out of his contract before the season started, and a large turnover of players in the Summer, Blaze are getting results.

Perhaps because Storm and Panthers played poorly last week, it made the Devils look initially strong?

Pembo

Cov have really hit ground running this season, lots of off ice team building gone on and players seem invested and hungry. Especially impressed as lots of players new to the team too whereas more of ours are returnees so already know the system. I would rather we didn’t drop both cup games this weekend, but can’t help feeling like should be a good opportunity to focus minds and get rid of any complacency, and these are games we can’t afford to be losing in the league.

moggy#9

I'm really concerned that our supposed top line isn't firing and that our pp doesn't seem to be working either. Dupont really needs to sort things out.

Slartibartfast

Well that was painful to watch. Complete repeat of yesterday. The guys are just not playing for each other. They are not passing to the stick, not getting in position to receive the puck and not supporting each other on the board battles. And that first line still has no chemistry. We finally saw a bit of cycling Andrew Lord style in the third and it led to probably the first shot on goal from that line. I think Martin is used to the old style and Reid and Crandall play a different game. That line needs a lot of work or to be split up. The Penny, Brittain, Waller line didn't work very well either. Only CCS posed a threat. Also no physicality except from Brandt and Coughler. Very frustrating to watch.

jenks33

We looked very blunt this weekend didn’t we. We’re not going to have the luxury of Manchester Storm bending over for us every weekend. Very early days but I wouldn’t say there’s much chemistry on the ice and the PP is a slight worry.
I’ll say it again, I don’t think Dupont is entirely happy with this group of forwards. I think he would want a couple of extra bigger bodies in the line up with the way he wants us to play.
Having said all that it’s the early stages of the challenge cup, so nothing to be too worried about.

moggy#9

Well that was painful to watch. Complete repeat of yesterday. The guys are just not playing for each other. They are not passing to the stick, not getting in position to receive the puck and not supporting each other on the board battles. And that first line still has no chemistry. We finally saw a bit of cycling Andrew Lord style in the third and it led to probably the first shot on goal from that line. I think Martin is used to the old style and Reid and Crandall play a different game. That line needs a lot of work or to be split up. The Penny, Brittain, Waller line didn't work very well either. Only CCS posed a threat. Also no physicality except from Brandt and Coughler. Very frustrating to watch.
I said a while back that I didn't see Reid, Martin and Crandall working as a line and I was mocked...