Blaze Vs Devils - 23 Feb 20 - League

jenks33

Huge win that. For all the frustrations many of us have with this team one thing I will say is we generally know how to stay in games. Personally I thought from the 5th to about the 45th minute we were pretty average again. Coventry are good at home but for large periods I thought we just invited them onto us and it was no surprise when they eventually made it 3-2. The players deserve a lot of credit after that Corcoran goal tho. I thought we showed good mental strength to dig out 2 points.

One other thing. Another masterclass from EIHL officials...it makes you want to cry at times

jenks33

I said before face off that I probably would have taken a point so get two is great. I just feel that when you are 2-0 up after 15 minutes of the game but then find yourself 3-2 down in the third its fair be critical of game management. I felt we invited them onto us but it was also to do with Coventry being a bloody good team this year.
Surely a two horse race now no?

Hedd Wyn John

I said before face off that I probably would have taken a point so get two is great. I just feel that when you are 2-0 up after 15 minutes of the game but then find yourself 3-2 down in the third its fair be critical of game management. I felt we invited them onto us but it was also to do with Coventry being a bloody good team this year.
Surely a two horse race now no?
Blaze seemed to find another gear in P2, & Devils spent a lot of time clearing the puck down the ice time & time again which inviting further blaze attacks. The officiating was poor and devils did have a few decisions go against us. Fortunately if its one thing the Devils have its never say die and we found our way back. Huge road win.

I'd say fair result in the end. Coventry were dangerous and very fast but 5 on 5 I'd say we had the better chances and could feel hard done by with some of the officiating! In saying that Coventry deserved their point! Bowns will want goal 3 back but other than that had a very solid performance! Masi Marjamaki has really upped his game this past month or so and has been big for us, as has Riley! Also remarkable how strong Mosey has come back, he is a very very good EIHL player and is responsible both ends of the ice! I'd say that was a good Devil's performance and crucially 3/3 this week...dare I say it maybe we are beginning to peak!?

Hedd Wyn John

I'd say fair result in the end. Coventry were dangerous and very fast but 5 on 5 I'd say we had the better chances and could feel hard done by with some of the officiating! In saying that Coventry deserved their point! Bowns will want goal 3 back but other than that had a very solid performance! Masi Marjamaki has really upped his game this past month or so and has been big for us, as has Riley! Also remarkable how strong Mosey has come back, he is a very very good EIHL player and is responsible both ends of the ice! I'd say that was a good Devil's performance and crucially 3/3 this week...dare I say it maybe we are beginning to peak!?
I definitely think we're seeing more players stepping up a gear. Marjamaki, Jardine & Morrisonn looking strong in D. Riley, Mcnamee & Fournier scoring big goals. Players like Duggan & Richardson grinding away. Previously we've been relying on one or two key players & opposition knew if they shut them down then they'd go a long way to nullify but not now.

BostonBart22

Huge win in the end, next weekend big, settle for 3 from 4 points , shuff got fife home and flames away think 4points shuff as its flames 3rd game in 3 days after double header in belfast so they are gonna be knackered..

Ocko

That’s a good win against a very difficult team to beat.

Dare I say these were probably two of the best games all year.

The_Puck

Fantastic performance away from home in a rink we have struggled in past. Justice was served when Riley smashed in the winner after there was a blatant offside call missed before their second goal and many soft calls against us.

Last edited:
[QUOTE Justice was served when Riley smashed in the winery after there was a blatant offside call missed before their second goal and many soft calls against us.[/QUOTE]

If you’re gonna get smashed then a winery is a pretty good place to choose.
However, I draw the line, if it refers to some mindless random act of vandalism committed in the local branch of Oddbins!!!