Blaze v Devils - 30/01 - 6:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

voth26

wasnt at the game but have to say in my case never had a problem, i worked in coventry for quite a while and when they played mid week games not nessecary blaze/devils i would sit in block 14 with my devils shirt on!! and watch the game, had some banter with the blaze fans. i remember a guy think his name was john very tall guy who was very friendly who used to insist on buying a coffee in period brake, speak as you find is all i can say

ASHIPP

No compicated statistics needed here. It's simple: everytime the Steelers or Giants win, the Devils HAVE to win to stay in the title chase.
And it's just got much more difficult because key players are returning from injury to teams that have started winning again (Giants, Blaze). :eek:
As G says, the Devils must bring their A game everytime. Apart from their grit and intensity, they must capitalise on every chance, nail the pp and the D unit must be on top form.
Sounds like they looked angry and frustrated at the end last night.
Let's hope they can re-group quickly......they have proved they have the skill and attitude to do it. :cool:

The way i see it, the Devils and the Blaze both had spells of possession, and it was nice to see Stu give everything he had, nice poked goal and especially nice to see him screening Jaeger again. Lyle made some good saves but would want a few of those goals back, the 5th just trickled over his shoulder and bounced into the net. Not a bad performance, but he can do better.
The ice is absolutely awful, during warm-up>1st period resurfacing, the Zamboni got stuck and put a good inch dink in the ice, you can see ridges and ruts in the ice (and where the water has dribbled and formed into ice... think of water slowly freezing down a lop sided pane of glass!) and i remember thinking to myself how much snow was scraped up after the zamboni had finished...Players from both sides AND Ref/linesmen were failing to stand up from time to time, its so soft out there!
Only slightly annoying point was a woman shouting stupid things like "oooo Weller, on your period are you", "thats a 6.4!" (when a Devils player got hacked down) and the new one now which did offend is that the Devils and its fans are now 'Pikeys'.
I must admit i felt rather welcome by a Blaze fan that was by us, very talkative guy and really a pleasure to have a chat to. And yes, a Blaze fan that wants US to win the league!

What happens in a hockey game when you score less than the other team in regulation time? I forget... ;)

A game decided by the netminders? maybe. Not a terrible display but a few mistakes cost us.

Does anyone think we can trace last night loss to Saturdays cruise?
For example, something that cost us a couple of goals was long passes leading to an odd man rush. Caps didn't seem to be pushing for goals for most of the game playing damage limitation so after an hour of playing against 5 men behind the puck on Sat would we maybe have found it harder to notice the Cov player lurking by the blue line for his through pass? Missing the forecheck for similar reasons?

zoesdevil

I've just been havin arguments on facebook with a blaze fan as he said that Voth is a bully and dirty who only goes for smaller players and when someone his size comes on the ice and runs away like he did against penner!! some of them are total ***** and can't see for looking!!! Voth never runs from anyone and he couldn't fight penner after only just coming back from injuring his hand plus Penner wasn't worth takin 5 minutes as he was a total goon!!! They seem to forget there own players playing dirty and picking on smaller players!!!! :eek: :roll:

wildthing74

Cookies_naughtyboy said:
samidevils said:
A blaze fan told me he causes problems at other games too! Apparently more recently at a Nottingham game!

Personally haven't seen him before but know what to look out for next time!! He looked drunk!!
I have Had Altercations With Him Several Times, When i mentioned it to a steward though they just shrugged and ignored it, He used fouled language aimed at my mum offered to fight a few Devil fans.

I was told that he has also had an altercation with a steward in the past in his own rink?

He is drunk every single game and i now chose not to travel to coventry as nothing ever gets done about him and now it has escolated further by the sounds of it,
Yeah I know the idiot you're on about and I have crossed swords with him 2.He was goading 2 teenage Devils fans behind in the game just after Christmas last year.They were no more than kids so I told him to give it a rest(might not have been as polite as that :lol:).No stewards were sorting him out so I wasn't going to let it happen.He was so drunk he coould hardly speak and was waffling about "next time I see you blablah"The guy is just a fool and I'm glad people stood up to him too it's just a shame he seems to get away with it all the time.
To be fair,most Blaze fans are good as gold in my experience and its a good place to go and watch games so I hope it won't stop Devils fans travelling in the next game in Feb.I may even have to have a friendly word with him again too if hes being out of order again.

The Devil said:
The way i see it, the Devils and the Blaze both had spells of possession, and it was nice to see Stu give everything he had, nice poked goal and especially nice to see him screening Jaeger again. Lyle made some good saves but would want a few of those goals back, the 5th just trickled over his shoulder and bounced into the net. Not a bad performance, but he can do better.
The ice is absolutely awful, during warm-up>1st period resurfacing, the Zamboni got stuck and put a good inch dink in the ice, you can see ridges and ruts in the ice (and where the water has dribbled and formed into ice... think of water slowly freezing down a lop sided pane of glass!) and i remember thinking to myself how much snow was scraped up after the zamboni had finished...Players from both sides AND Ref/linesmen were failing to stand up from time to time, its so soft out there!
Only slightly annoying point was a woman shouting stupid things like "oooo Weller, on your period are you", "thats a 6.4!" (when a Devils player got hacked down) and the new one now which did offend is that the Devils and its fans are now 'Pikeys'.
I must admit i felt rather welcome by a Blaze fan that was by us, very talkative guy and really a pleasure to have a chat to. And yes, a Blaze fan that wants US to win the league!
Hey if we're not winning it I would much rather you than the Panthers ;)

Mark666 said:
What happens in a hockey game when you score less than the other team in regulation time? I forget... ;)

A game decided by the netminders? maybe. Not a terrible display but a few mistakes cost us.

For example, something that cost us a couple of goals was long passes leading to an odd man rush. Caps didn't seem to be pushing for goals for most of the game playing damage limitation so after an hour of playing against 5 men behind the puck on Sat would we maybe have found it harder to notice the Cov player lurking by the blue line for his through pass? Missing the forecheck for similar reasons?
There certainly seemed to be a lack of plan B, offensively anyway.
The game reminded me of the last years Devils vs Blaze, shoot on sight hoping for rebounds, then getting suckerpunched on the break.
Zanon was a beast last night for the Blaze, though Pelle and Finnerty were wasteful in front of goal.
Lyle was stinking, while Jaeger was solid but unspectacular.
Also Darnell missing the most obvious hand pass ever made me chuckle.

wildthing74 said:
Cookies_naughtyboy said:
samidevils said:
A blaze fan told me he causes problems at other games too! Apparently more recently at a Nottingham game!

Personally haven't seen him before but know what to look out for next time!! He looked drunk!!
I have Had Altercations With Him Several Times, When i mentioned it to a steward though they just shrugged and ignored it, He used fouled language aimed at my mum offered to fight a few Devil fans.

I was told that he has also had an altercation with a steward in the past in his own rink?

He is drunk every single game and i now chose not to travel to coventry as nothing ever gets done about him and now it has escolated further by the sounds of it,
Yeah I know the idiot you're on about and I have crossed swords with him 2.He was goading 2 teenage Devils fans behind in the game just after Christmas last year.They were no more than kids so I told him to give it a rest(might not have been as polite as that :lol:).No stewards were sorting him out so I wasn't going to let it happen.He was so drunk he coould hardly speak and was waffling about "next time I see you blablah"The guy is just a fool and I'm glad people stood up to him too it's just a shame he seems to get away with it all the time.
To be fair,most Blaze fans are good as gold in my experience and its a good place to go and watch games so I hope it won't stop Devils fans travelling in the next game in Feb.I may even have to have a friendly word with him again too if hes being out of order again.
Anyone know if this guy has travelled to the tent before? Had a mouthful of abuse and threats from one drunk Blaze fan last season when I made a comment and laughed about Campbell falling over twice in two minutes. He threatened to set Campbell on me then stormed off to the bar. Even two other Blaze fans nearby came over and said "don't take any notice of him, he's a prat."

ASHIPP

trukkasaurus said:
Mark666 said:

There certainly seemed to be a lack of plan B, offensively anyway.
The game reminded me of the last years Devils vs Blaze, shoot on sight hoping for rebounds, then getting suckerpunched on the break.
Zanon was a beast last night for the Blaze, though Pelle and Finnerty were wasteful in front of goal.
Lyle was stinking, while Jaeger was solid but unspectacular.
Also Darnell missing the most obvious hand pass ever made me chuckle.
I wondered whether 'resting' Stevie against the Capitals was a good idea before such an important game against the Blaze. It was obvious Coventry were really going to want to beat the Devils at the SkyDome and with a recent return to form, it was going to be even more difficult for the Devils.
Whilst the game against the Capitals wasn't the best tactical preparation the Devils could have had before the Blaze game, the skaters at least had 60 minutes ice time to gain momentum and get into the 'mindset'. Stevie did not. In games that close, as Devils v Blaze usually are, the netminder has to be on top form. And when things don't seem to be working, sometimes it takes an outstanding individual performance from a netminder to win the game for a team.

Interesting that Ben Simon is saying something similar today - he thinks that the Steelers did not play at their best against Hull despite winning......and it was Muskatovs who really was the game-changer. And for some of the remaining games this season, that might be exactly what is needed from Stevie.

TheStub

ASHIPP said:
I wondered whether 'resting' Stevie against the Capitals was a good idea before such an important game against the Blaze. It was obvious Coventry were really going to want to beat the Devils at the SkyDome and with a recent return to form, it was going to be even more difficult for the Devils.
Isn't it strange that in the NHL it is common to rest a netminder in preparation for back to back games. Not saying I disagree with you, but there is certainly a mindset difference there. Although it often seems to depend upon the netminder, as some prefer to play and carry momentum whilst others would rather be fresh.

Ger-Devils said:
It's the same fan everytime we go up there who is looking for trouble.

I went to Coventry once (a few years back), and there was a guy who kept throwing racist abuse toward us (mainly because we where from Belfast), its probably the same guy. We complained to a steward and nothing was done. Most fan bases have these muppets, but I do think that the stewards in Coventry need to be more tough with this sort of behavoiur, they let it go on far too long before stepping in.

Like I said every fan base has these types, but its up to the stewards and other fans to tell them to "wise up" before things go too far.

Interesting that Ben Simon is saying something similar today - he thinks that the Steelers did not play at their best against Hull despite winning......and it was Muskatovs who really was the game-changer. And for some of the remaining games this season, that might be exactly what is needed from Stevie.
Theres not much between us and the squeelers...this may come down to the goalies. :?

well me and my boy came up for the game. the ice was so bad puck was bouncing up everywhere witch did not help the devils passing withch at best was poor. steve was poor and will want a few back
been to coventry about ten times now and i think they play a very borin style of hockey the game did not flow very well
i feel the devils have been getting progresivly worse the last few games so no surprise they lost
jeager was in good form to many players kept shooting glove side and did not look like getting beat

as for the problems outside the rink i was driving past the security and they were on first name terms with the drunk chav fan why dont they just ban the ****

Second warning in one day, we really do have a limited ruleset on here, so it would be appreciated if you can watch the language in future. There is a swear filter for a reason.