Blaze v Devils - 29/08 16:00 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Finny

osh said:
Fournier dropped after his performance against Tilburg ? :eek:
What did Fournier do wrong against Tilburg?

I assumed all three players have slight niggles that aren't worth risking for a pre-season game?

osh

Finny said:
osh said:

I assumed all three players have slight niggles that aren't worth risking for a pre-season game?
Obviously the missing players today will have minor injuries, I'm assuming you weren't at the game if you are asking that question, however, he had a nightmare in the first period. His passing was poor, his positioning at times was poor, he was caught out and their players got behind him all too easily. He is undoubtedly one of our better, smoother skaters, but he goes missing - puck watching at times - yet he is me of the players that excites when he is on top form, early days yet, just my opinion of course.

august04

Finny said:
osh said:

He had a dreadful game against Tilburg but had been very good prior to that in pre season. Maybe he was carrying a minor injury in that game and so sat out this one?

voth26

this is my first look at the team having been away, we look pretty balanced and seem pretty smooth going forward, few stray passes but you'll always have that. like the look of the D doesn't seem to panic when the puck is played behind them or when its carried in. One thing i've noticed and it could just be this game but not many checks finished, and not overly physical either. good play for the 2nd goal I didn't see the 1st goal so don't know who scored??. shooting still hit and miss on the net, few wide shots when seems easier to hit the target, well it does from where I'm sitting lol. Like the look of Louis

DevilDom

Decent win, with a lovely goal from Lord to clinch it. Did find it amusing that the webcast commentators were praising Blaze for 'staying with one of the title contenders for most of the game' however failed to mention we played 3 imports down and our back up in! Saying that, Murdy was fantastic and looks like he will be well worth a few starts through the season.

voth26

Decent performance tonight, think there's areas Lord will want to look at, not many negatives but definitely lots of positives. Murdy definitely deserved his MOM. Cracking glove save in the 2nd I think it was, has good positional sense and very mobile and assured, watches and reads the game very well. Clearly we weren't at full speed so we can step up gears if we need. Lots of good puck carrying and glad to see we didn't panic when blaze scored their 2nd, although the marking was all over the place for that one!! great strike from Lord after some good set up play, roll on Saturday as its my first game this year

Finny

osh said:
Finny said:
osh said:

Obviously the missing players today will have minor injuries, I'm assuming you weren't at the game if you are asking that question, however, he had a nightmare in the first period. His passing was poor, his positioning at times was poor, he was caught out and their players got behind him all too easily. He is undoubtedly one of our better, smoother skaters, but he goes missing - puck watching at times - yet he is me of the players that excites when he is on top form, early days yet, just my opinion of course.
I was at the game and yes he made some mistakes. But I thought quite a few of our players were sloppy in the first period, not enough to single any of them out though.

Devil94

Think we saw the start of the real Patrick Asselin today. Looked sharp, great passing and positioning and a goal to top it off. Exciting. Benti was good also, looks like he's got a hell of an engine in him.
Wasn't a polished performance, but winning is a great habit to get in to, especially with 3 top end players out.

Russky

Finny said:
Turned on at 1-0. Blaze scored within 20 seconds. Turned straight back off.

I'm definitely jinxed.

you think your jinxed? I was only able to get to three games last season, The Devils lost them all so I banned myself from going!

As for todays game, I have to say that I followed the first period on MNL and flicked between MNL and Youtube for the rest of the game. I thought we looked pretty fluid and moved the puck well, looked like scoring every time we got near the Blaze goal. A win is a win. I predicted a bigger winning margin but hey ho, may be next time. I think we will surprise Sheffield Belfast and Nottingham this year.

osh

KaneDevils said:
I very much doubt Fornier (or any other player) was dropped today because of any performance issues from the weekend.

Oh dear, that quote obviously went straight over your head. Of course he wasn't dropped, he and others are carrying slight injuries and gave the game a miss.

Foxy

Considering we didnt ice Hotham Doucet or Fournier and had our back up netminder in all game.... I'll take that result. Just a bit worrying that we've picked up niggles already. :(

Coventry obviously not as sharp as us at the mo do like the look of Bergman though