Blaze v Devils - 22/09 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Gazza272

oneill said:
Blaze short benched looked very impressive and played a very good game of hockey.. Olson slapped Didiomete around again early in the game .

Nah sorry not having it.

Deeds is wayyyy smaller than Olsson and still managed to get a couple while getting a few tieing jabs in.

Olsson should be destroying him in these scraps but isnt. all credit to him for hanging with olsson and not backing down.

Certainly no way a slap around. :roll:

Match highlights should be on the Blaze website later today or tomorrow.

Struggling to see how getting beat up can be any sort of moral victory. At least it looks like he has now found his fighting level against Nottingham .... I'm sure we can find him a small British player to fight next game ;)

osh

Nice to be the winning side in overtime for a change, and just about deserved in a game that we should have wrapped up after leading and looking pretty comfortable at 4- 1 at one stage. Questions need to be answered as to how we let the Panthers back into the game. I think both net minders will cringe when they see replays of goals that they should be saving and Its disturbing to see the amount of rebounds that PO coughs up, fortunately we weren't punished for most of them. Having said that, he made 2 crucial saves in the 3 rd period which saved the game for us as well. Delighted to see Blight get 2 goals and worth his MOM (star) award. I am not convinced that the set up of our D is gelling at all. We looked shaky all night and the Panthers wasted a lot of scoring chances when our D were continually being caught out of position. Marsh's distribution from defence last night was poor and we need to step up the physicality at D and not keep giving away stupid penalties which cost us dearly. Good noise from the Panthers fans, and some baffling calls from the officials once more.

J.B said:

Struggling to see how getting beat up can be any sort of moral victory. At least it looks like he has now found his fighting level against Nottingham .... I'm sure we can find him a small British player to fight next game ;)
A small British player who is an inch taller and five pounds heavier than him yeah? :lol: The internet's there so you can research things so you don't look like a wally ;)

I'll agree that he is a much better fighter than Lee but didn't Lee go after him?

Gazza272

oneill said:
Olson schooled him... Olson even had time to play up to the crowd while the fight was going on. :lol:

As I said Olsson is huge compared to him. Deeds kept it tight to ensure he could land a few. Of course Olsson had time Deeds was keeping himself out of danger.

I thought you knew about fighting in this game? It appears not!

Finny

kettdevil1 said:
Incidentally, I think I am right in saying that yesterday saw the end of one of the most bizarre sequences in British hockey.

For the first time in Elite League history, we have lost the first competitive game at the Skydome.
But not in regulation.
So we can change it to "We have got at least a point in the first competitive game at the SkyDome each EIHL season" ;)

drainage

danhall76 said:
J.B said:

A small British player who is an inch taller and five pounds heavier than him yeah? :lol: The internet's there so you can research things so you don't look like a wally ;)

I'll agree that he is a much better fighter than Lee but didn't Lee go after him?
Yes he did - thats why the 2 + 10 for instigating was a shocking call .... and as for smaller Brit either Lee has small man syndrome and adds inches to his bio or I make them same height ! Different stats on different sites but they are either 5' 11" or 6' and Lee is 192 - 198lbs and Deeds 201 - 207 lbs, saved you the internet search !!!

Ocko

After watching that I'd actually give the edge to Marsh. Olson jersey'd him and got the take down; no points for that. Marsh landed the quality punches.

Funny moment when Olson tried to gee up the crowd during his fight with deeds and looked as if he was about to fall over :lol: such an awful, awful skater. Right up there with McMorrow and Cornish.

Wannabe2

Love watching fighters, but not a fan of the jersey brigade, shows a sign of can give it but cant take it. Mcmorrow was the biggest culprit of this unsavoury habit, no one likes to be hit but hate this cowardly manoeuvre. Didio aint the best fighter in the league, and he will admit to that, but the attributes he does possess are good balance, boy he can take a punch, stamina, never seems to want it to end, and will fight anyone tall, small, fat , thin bring them on.

Well after just watching the Olson v marsh fight, I think it was a clear win for Tyson Marsh! Olson only came into the fight in the last 3 or 4 seconds. He took some huge shots and only landed about 3 punches the hole fight. I'd love to know what fight the Coventry fans were watching?