Blaze or Steelers

Tad#

drainage said:
On ice Steelers off ice Blaze ... Ignoring the hard hat (which was more than 5 people) issue and the total lack of consideration for what was a horrible time the abuse in Coventry is beyond sporting banter .... I can take a joke and banter but it goes too far there

I'm sure I'm just pointing out the obvious when I say this, but It's not all of us. All clubs have a set fans who are just shameful. The worst fans I've seen are Vipers and Hull.

drainage

Tad# said:
drainage said:
On ice Steelers off ice Blaze ... Ignoring the hard hat (which was more than 5 people) issue and the total lack of consideration for what was a horrible time the abuse in Coventry is beyond sporting banter .... I can take a joke and banter but it goes too far there

I'm sure I'm just pointing out the obvious when I say this, but It's not all of us. All clubs have a set fans who are just shameful. The worst fans I've seen are Vipers and Hull.
In no way suggesting its all fans .. In fact met some genuinely nice people there .....all I m saying is pound for pound it's the most hostile arena .. And maybe they deliberately hover by away fans but its not always nice .....every team has idiots

Paul Sullivan

Devil_Bluebird said:
Paul Sullivan said:
my team at our rink (going back to a particularly unsavoury incident in the old WNIR that started it off)
What happened?
Actually I was referring to a different incident.

When I was working for the team in 2002/3, the Devils / Blaze rivalry realy kicked off. They used to bring hundreds of fans to the WNIR and in a cash-strapped season the revenue was most welcome.

As a thank you our title sponsor Coca Cola (pause for nostalgic sigh by me) gave a free Coke water bottle for every Blaze fan as a thank you. Small but classy gesture we thought, by one of the best sponsors we've ever had.

Imagine our surprise when not only did dozens of Blaze fans demand them, more demanding multiple bottles, a couple even 'rushed' poor young Kylie our volunteer on the table where they were to be collected and IIRC knocked her and the table down.

I've had some very distasteful experiences in the old Nottingham barn and seen coins thrown on the ice in Fife but I always struggled to get the taste of that out of my mouth.

Finny

I hate them both.

And Nottingham. And Belfast. And everyone in the Northern conference (with the exception of the hotties from Braehead).

I look forward to us smashing them all this season.

drainage

Paul Sullivan said:
Devil_Bluebird said:
Paul Sullivan said:
my team at our rink (going back to a particularly unsavoury incident in the old WNIR that started it off)
What happened?
Actually I was referring to a different incident.

When I was working for the team in 2002/3, the Devils / Blaze rivalry realy kicked off. They used to bring hundreds of fans to the WNIR and in a cash-strapped season the revenue was most welcome.

As a thank you our title sponsor Coca Cola (pause for nostalgic sigh by me) gave a free Coke water bottle for every Blaze fan as a thank you. Small but classy gesture we thought, by one of the best sponsors we've ever had.

Imagine our surprise when not only did dozens of Blaze fans demand them, more demanding multiple bottles, a couple even 'rushed' poor young Kylie our volunteer on the table where they were to be collected and IIRC knocked her and the table down.

I've had some very distasteful experiences in the old Nottingham barn and seen coins thrown on the ice in Fife but I always struggled to get the taste of that out of my mouth.
Just reminded me got spat at in the old Nottingham rink .... That put me off travel there for a long time.....gross!

Koop11

Historically the Steelers have always been our biggest rivals. Simply because we were both relatively new teams in the 90s and were the super powers when it came to success.

Of course, when the problems started in Cardiff, we dropped into a league where we met our closest and new biggest rivals, the Blaze. It was great to build a local rivalry, certainly at a time when the Nottingham v Sheffield rivalry was blossoming.

I learned to dislike Coventry more than Sheffield during the Naughties but in more recent years the Steelers rivalry has rekindled. Every since Bob brought the Steelers my dislike for them has grown. More so with PR stupidly thinking he’d be able to do things differently. During the same time, the dominance of Coventry has dwindled somewhat and with that perhaps the spark between us.

Today, Sheffield edge it for me. However, with the approach Thommo has gone for this year (no choice?), I wouldn’t be surprised to see Coventry at the top of my dislike list again.

I’d love to see the Nottingham rivalry pick up. For me, this hasn’t been there since the Heineken/early Superleague days.

Tad#

Koop11 said:
Historically the Steelers have always been our biggest rivals. Simply because we were both relatively new teams in the 90s and were the super powers when it came to success.

Of course, when the problems started in Cardiff, we dropped into a league where we met our closest and new biggest rivals, the Blaze. It was great to build a local rivalry, certainly at a time when the Nottingham v Sheffield rivalry was blossoming.

I learned to dislike Coventry more than Sheffield during the Naughties but in more recent years the Steelers rivalry has rekindled. Every since Bob brought the Steelers my dislike for them has grown. More so with PR stupidly thinking he’d be able to do things differently. During the same time, the dominance of Coventry has dwindled somewhat and with that perhaps the spark between us.

Today, Sheffield edge it for me. However, with the approach Thommo has gone for this year (no choice?), I wouldn’t be surprised to see Coventry at the top of my dislike list again.

I’d love to see the Nottingham rivalry pick up. For me, this hasn’t been there since the Heineken/early Superleague days.
Don't worry, I'm sure Corey will say something to wind you up at some stage. He's god at that. ;)

Just looking at Corey winds me up!! But his coaching decisions also make me feel sorry for him.

"Hey guys I've got an idea... We'll let Meyers go, and have no toughness next year!! That should bring us that league championship!!" #sexyneilsonhockey

Sheffield dont really bother me that much anymore...Simms is an idiot but thats about it.

Coventry, no problems with on ice but some of the fans are a different matter, their holier than thou attitude REALLY winds me up. All this 'oh give him a second chance' rubbish over Danton is laughable, if we/Nottingham/Sheffield had signed him they would be out in their droves having a go saying what a disgrace we had signed an ex-convict!!!! Also, they moaned about Voth for years and now they have signed Olsen , who is pretty much the same kind of player they are making him out to be some kind of God !!!

voth26

For me the Blaze, an example being the recent "friendly" down the bay thommo throws his toys out the pram andwanted max's hit reviewed because he didnt think it was fair and he had domish out injured/concussed, then when HIS team do far worse ie leeb and his sucker punch which thommo thinks is"part of the game" nothing said winds me up. olsen for me just a tall guy with a stick who seems a better fighter than a hockey player!!
Also i went to the skydome a few years ago on my own to watch a mid-week game (i used to work in coventry) got so much abuse when they found out i was a devils fan that i went and sat with the away team fans (panthers no less and had a great laugh and some banter when they also found out i was a devils fan)

wildthing74

I don't hate Steelers,I absolutely detest them.Ever since they launched led by the little Brummie estate agent who walked our on his home team them with all their circus have been the team I couldn't stand.
Being the first arena team they got away with murder and not a lot has changed.Not content with having the best Brits and imports they would push for the reclassification of imports to Brits so they could sign even more players to give silly little nick names to.
Makes me want to be sick at the thought they have #16 playing for them too.
Second I have to say is Nottingham. Even though I have more mates from there than any other eihl team it's still the place where you can guarantee you will get abuse especially if you win.
As much as a lot of our fans hate the arrogance of some Blaze fans if I'm being honest rewind 20 years and that was us.Admittedly we didn't have as many muppets as they seem to have but we once had the cockiness of knowing you were the best it's just a shame we have forgotten and some were not lucky enough to have been around to see it.

Love this thread!
For me it's hands down the blaze! Omg where do i start???
After travelling numerous times to the sky dome each visit I feel more wound up by a few fans that think cause they got a bald head and tattoo and may have served time with Danton they can fight the world and stewards do nothing about it, also hate the team, mascot, bar, shirts, rink, announcer, hostility. Needless to say I won't travel to Coventry this year!!

Steelers suck too

Ger-Devils

KEVIN said:
Love this thread!
After travelling numerous times to the sky dome each visit I feel more wound up by a few fans that think cause they got a bald head and tattoo and may have served time with Danton they can fight the world and stewards do nothing about it, also hate the team, mascot, bar, shirts, rink, announcer, hostility. Needless to say I won't travel to Coventry this year!!

Steelers suck too
Oh when the Blaze.... :lol:

Ger-Devils said:
KEVIN said:
Love this thread!

Steelers suck too
Oh when the Blaze.... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wildthing74

KEVIN said:
Love this thread!

Steelers suck too
We both know you will be there in 2 weeks ;) Fact!

wildthing74 said:
KEVIN said:
Love this thread!

Steelers suck too
We both know you will be there in 2 weeks ;) Fact!
No chance!!! Lol

I don't HATE anyone. However, I like us beating Sheffield the most. Mainly due to Fibberty and Michel this year. It's a healthy rivalry within a fantastic sport. Blaze fans were great with us last week, let's keep it fun.