Black Jerseys

Thread starter #5
Even their jerseys aren't as good as ours. It's on like Donkey Kong.

Let's invade Sheffield and bring that cup back to South Wales

Have Hope#35

Devil94 said:
Can see us wearing white in the final. Won't Sheffield have first choice of kit as the home team?
They probably will yeah... Just depends if they go for their Orange Home Jersey? If they do it leaves us open to wear our Black!

Steelers played in their black Challenge Cup jerseys in the home semi final leg against Nottingham so unless there's a sneaky campaign to orange out the arena then I would assume its likely they will play in black in the final.

Koop11

We've also lost finals in black jersey's (I think the playoff final v Nottingham was the last one).

Can anyone confirm whether the club are selling any replica black jerseys? I’m not one for bidding on game worn ones but I do like this year’s black ones and would be interested in paying for one if they were.

Koop11 said:
We've also lost finals in black jersey's (I think the playoff final v Nottingham was the last one).

Can anyone confirm whether the club are selling any replica black jerseys? I’m not one for bidding on game worn ones but I do like this year’s black ones and would be interested in paying for one if they were.
I don't think they are, just the game worn ones in black.

Have Hope#35

Aberdare_Devil said:
Koop11 said:

I don't think they are, just the game worn ones in black.
As much as I want one of this season's Black Jerseys part of me thinks that there'll probably be one for sale in the shop next season... The demand has been pretty phenomenal!

Koop11

I understand the value of having a set of jersey’s only available for auction (typically black ones over the years) but I think there is always a market for game worn jerseys, even when replicas are available. I wonder whether 3rd jersey’s sell for a great deal more than Home and Away Jersey’s. Perhaps they do.

At £65+ a replica jersey, I think the club could make a fair amount of money on making 3rd replica jersey’s available for those who don’t necessary have a desire for game worn or indeed can’t afford to bid on game worn. The merchandise sales this year appear to have done better than ever. Having said that, the club will have no doubt weighed up this option and come to the conclusion that there is a bigger profit margin to be made doing it the way they have.

James

Administrator
Nottingham sell all their (4?) jerseys every year, but then with the size of their fanbase it probably negates any benefit seen in having a third, gameworn only colour for auction.

Black shirt auction tonight, someone always asks so ....
Hudson £310
Myers £310
Jones £230
Richardson £260
Walton £400
Piggott £300
Marsh £360
Hotham £350
Haddad £410
Bowns £350
Tahtinen £310
Batch £320
Will £260
Morisette £410
Culigan £600
Lord £400
Hendrikx £630
Mychan £370
Martin £670
Harding £210
Turner £220
Clarkson £700
#23 Blood £270.

Thought Jones's would have gone for more than £230. Delighted I picked up Buglass for £210. Wanted Martin's. Not a chance. :roll:
Just wanted a black jersey to be fair.

wildthing74

Supply and demand and the prices were dictated by the audience. Everybody wanted then black ones and tonight proved it. Few of us got caught with our pants down but it's great so much money is going back into the club.