Big changes in Nottingham ….

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #1
Hot on the heels of Craig Moore leaving, 2 import forward departed today: leading scorer Brett Welychka and Craig Puffer !

Gavevs88

I'm not surprised, it's clearly not a happy camp at the moment is it? Their worst season in a long time. I really thought Pacha would turn that place around.

Devils86

Whilst I have very little actual knowledge of the goings on at the Panthers, it appears that Puffer left for family emergency reasons (nothing anyone can do about that) and Welychka has terminated his contract as he's been picked up by a team headed for the DEL on a longer term deal. (Who said contracts don't mean squat in the EIHL lol) Presumably he has a release clause allowing him to do so.

EP has Panthers now only having 10 forwards (7 imports). Wonder who CN will turn to in the market...

ASHIPP

Matthew can't be having a happy season as Captain there. And it is a difficult one for Corey, inheriting a team he didn't recruit.
Is the transfer window still open to bring players in now?

pjj365

The 10 forward figure is misleading
Gagnon is shown as D & left wing and Kelsal as D & centre but primarily listed by EP as D
So 12 forwards, 6 D ((or if you prefer 10 forwards, 8 D) and 2 netties
There is though 1 - 2 way defence and 1 - 2 way D in these numbers
Still not a happy position

voth26

And this could be a massive banana skin of a game if Devils take the panthers lightly because of the turmoil they appear to be in. Its happened before when we've played teams who are short benched!!

ASHIPP

Corey in the past has been quite good at getting his teams fired up after internal turmoil. 2 players gone, he will simply readjust the team strengths.

tim78

Yep, dropping 2 players is one way to get a team motivated to play.

Though dropping your top scorer is a bit perplexing