ben davies

If may well have been that it wasn't actually him in the wrong. Bens ice time was cut in October, which was probably when he would have asked for a 2 way, I think October to January would have been enough time for the club to arrange something so no fault with Ben there. Lovely kid, who just wants to play hockey.

TheStub

Re: Re: ben davies

devil99 said:
If may well have been that it wasn't actually him in the wrong. Bens ice time was cut in October, which was probably when he would have asked for a 2 way, I think October to January would have been enough time for the club to arrange something so no fault with Ben there. Lovely kid, who just wants to play hockey.
Who I would happily never see in a Devils jersey again. If he wanted to be a top Brit, he needed a better attitude.

And ice time got cut? Because he didn't earn it...

Ger-Devils

Didn't deserve ice time? Sorry I disagree with that. Vother was out and he stepped up very well.

He changed games for us as the D couldn't get to him in corners and it sparked the team on. Was disappointed to see him leave for EPL but good luck to the lad

wanting more ice time, doesnt constitute a bad attitude. Most kids are happy to be benched, as long as the coach tells them why they are sitting soo much and communicating well with them to enable them to play more often. Same for Towe and others before him.

TheStub

I was going to say something about benching imports. I'd gladly see Ben in Voth's spot. But my point stands, it was in his gift to claim the spot, but he didn't.

TheStub

Right, I'm stood in fat face waiting for Clare to try on clothes, so thought I'd add more.

Adams has a liking for imports. It is my biggest complaint about him as coach. The idea of scratching an import is an idea alien to him. At least with Ben G seemed willing to bench our great white elephants mid game and add some speed and skill to a wing (that has been crying out for it all season).

If I were Ben I'd have followed Towey to the EPL at the start of the season. It is what Ben has needed for a while but has stuck by Cardiff for reasons I find hard to fathom. Sam has shown the difference regular ice time can make to a game, and Ben has suffered from that lack of development.

This is why we need 4 line 8 import hockey.

ASHIPP

Re: Re: ben davies

TheStub said:
devil99 said:
Bens ice time was cut in October, which was probably when he would have asked for a 2 way, I think October to January would have been enough time for the club to arrange something so no fault with Ben there. Lovely kid, who just wants to play hockey.
Who I would happily never see in a Devils jersey again. If he wanted to be a top Brit, he needed a better attitude.

And ice time got cut? Because he didn't earn it
This is a bit harsh on Ben when none of us know the facts. :evil: :roll: The probabilty was that once the Vother was fit after surgery he was always going to return to that line meaning that Ben's ice time would have been reduced. Doubt very much that PR would have sanctioned a highly paid import sitting on the bench, do you? Sam's transistion from junior to senior hockey was helped by his North American experience and that cannot be underestimated - he fitted with Stu and Tylor. Ben's lack of ice time has little to do with the need for a 'better' attitude or ability - it's obvious that other circumstances didn't help his situation. In hindsight, this is something the Devils look like they could have handled a lot better, either to keep this talented youngster...or to replace him when he left.

For whatever reason, this never happened. Devils are inevitably now paying a price for having injuries and no cover to call upon. Ben, on the other hand, is getting the ice time he deserves with a team who are challenging for 2nd place in their league and have already qualified for their CC Final. Best of luck to him. :cool:

The Devils only registered 1 player on a two way which is Burrows, so there isnt anyone else to play up. Perhaps it would have been sensible to have registered a couple more players before 31st Jan.......

ben is doing a great job for us in basingstoke top player shame he left you guys in the brown stuff, still he has got a chance to win something at basingstoke cup final next week