Belfast latest signing

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Belfast have just signed Noah Clarke, he is 5ft 9in 192 ib, and is 33yrs old, he plays LW. Clarke has played over 300 Ahl games, and 7 Nhl, he has also played swiss A and spent the last 2 seasons in the DEL, looks a good signing.

tim78

Noticed he played with Jeff Swez recently and was way further up the in the points!

Sadly my bets on this guy leading the points and goals in the league this season.

DevilDom

On paper I think he is the best signing in the league to date. Actually played 21 NHL games as well as 70 DEL, 50 Swiss A and the 300+ AHL games.

I really signal of intent from the Giants. Watch Panthers and Steelers try and match it now!

On a Uu deal, with reccomendations from previous player seeley.
Won the fastest player Ahl award a few seasons back, should be a real impact playet in the eihl.

osh

Not quite sure about this guy. Has played at a high standard no doubt, but not too impressed with his goal scoring record since coming to Europe (34 goals in 158 games ??) will reserve judgement until seen on the ice.

Never seen him play, but I've a feeling he's going to be the best player at the Giants since Theo... Stats say he should be a cracking signing..

Rumors we may have Jeremy Reich joining as well..

osh

oneill said:
Never seen him play, but I've a feeling he's going to be the best player at the Giants since Theo... Stats say he should be a cracking signing..

Rumors we may have Jeremy Reich joining as well..
Which stats exactly are you referring to? Recent ones or stats from over 5 years ago? I'm not doubting he will be a good asset for the Giants, but there will be better in our league this year I feel.

10/11 season... Avg 0.90 pts per game in the DEL... 18th overall in the DEL above some top quality players including Blazes new signing Brad Leeb who had a impressive 0.74 average..

Brock McBride was 1.75pts per game before he left Belfast last season, I would bet this guy puts up similar or more...

osh

oneill said:
10/11 season... Avg 0.90 pts per game in the DEL... 18th overall in the DEL above some top quality players including Blazes new signing Brad Leeb who had a impressive 0.74 average..

Brock McBride was 1.75pts per game before he left Belfast last season, I would bet this guy puts up similar or more...

I can understand your desire to be optimistic about a player who has just been signed by your club. But those stats reflect his best season out of 5 in European hockey ( his 4 other seasons were pretty dismal I think you will agree) I'm not doubting he may become a good asset to the Giants organisation, but I don't agree that his stats are good in Euro hockey. Nice to see some good players being signed by all teams and I am looking forward to a great season.

I dont care what anybody says, with a cv like that its obvious that this guy can play hockey. Any nay-saying is just pure jealousy. Well done to the Giants for securing such a good signing. And I hate the fact hes no't signed for us!

osh

phildavies21 said:
I dont care what anybody says, with a cv like that its obvious that this guy can play hockey. Any nay-saying is just pure jealousy. Well done to the Giants for securing such a good signing. And I hate the fact hes no't signed for us!
No one is suggesting he hasn't got a decent cv, and no one is saying its not a good signing for the Giants. What I have said is that his stats in Europe aren't that immpresive, do you think his overall European stats are good. As for being jealous, you couldn't be more wrong and thats a ridiculous statement to make imo.
You really should read the posts more carefully.