Belfast Giants Select v Boston Bruins

Gutted Im missing out on this. I've booked to go to Prague with the mrs the weekend after to see Boston v Pheonix but if this had been announced earlier I wouldve done Belfast instead

Earnie

Northern Ireland Tourist Board have contributed £75,000 towards the event. They hope to generate a return of 5 to 1.

When we open our new Arena (Dougies Den?) lets invite New Jersey Devils!!

Great point Earnie! Welsh Government money brought the Ashes to Wales - a far smaller amount would do the job for the Devils.

The only question mark might be the size of the arena and the financial return for the area as Government spending gets a lot more selective. (Although the Welsh Government does have a strategy for bringing major events to the country)

Fair play to the Giants and all those involved in this - I really hope they see increased gates throughout the season as a result :D

First of all, hello everyone. I'm Mike, from Belfast and have been following the Giants since day one! :D

I cannot wait for the Bruins game. Whilst I would prefer not to see the Giants and other players from the other EIHL teams get beaten well into double figures, it's a once in a lifetime experience which will hopefully send the message that the UK is suitable for and able to host an NHL team, and hopefully we will see more in the future. Get the Canucks over next time! :p