Belfast Giants COVID-19 Measures

Wolfie

Thread starter #1
Just a quick post as I saw this news post on the Giants page: https://www.belfastgiants.com/news/the-return-of-your-belfast-giants

The key points being:

Covid Entry Requirements

To protect our fans and staff, entry requirements are as follows. All ticket holders aged 18 or over should be prepared to show one of the following to demonstrate their Covid status, if requested by our venue team:

Proof of full vaccination – both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the event)

OR

Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken no more than 48 hours prior to the event start time.

OR

Proof of natural Covid-19 antibodies based upon a positive NHS PCR test within 180 days of the event you are attending (including 10 days self-isolation following the result).

Under 18s are not required to show their Covid-19 certification but we would still encourage children aged 11 and over to take a lateral flow test prior to the event, where possible.

My question is do you think that a similar approach will be taken by the devils? I personally think that providing proof of full vaccination or a negative test result is a step in the right direction for us. Sorry if this is flogging a dead horse as I know there's been a few threads pertaining to mask wearing etc...

Kevlar68

Nope. They've already set out they're stall and would be difficult to set out new rules, there would be uproar but i'd welcome the ruling of proof.
Irelands restrictions have only been eased today.

Gisland

Just a quick post as I saw this news post on the Giants page: https://www.belfastgiants.com/news/the-return-of-your-belfast-giants

The key points being:

My question is do you think that a similar approach will be taken by the devils? I personally think that providing proof of full vaccination or a negative test result is a step in the right direction for us. Sorry if this is flogging a dead horse as I know there's been a few threads pertaining to mask wearing etc...
"To protect our fans and staff, entry requirements are as follows. All ticket holders aged 18 or over should be prepared to show one of the following to demonstrate their Covid status, IF requested by our venue team:"

Can't see that many being asked if as predicted, there are some 4500+ attending

kettdevil1

"To protect our fans and staff, entry requirements are as follows. All ticket holders aged 18 or over should be prepared to show one of the following to demonstrate their Covid status, IF requested by our venue team:"

Can't see that many being asked if as predicted, there are some 4500+ attending
At Sheffield on Sunday we were asked for proof of vaccination status and the crowd was bigger than that….. not sure if it was everyone but at the away entrance they were being pretty diligent and frankly it didn’t hold things up as they were just coming down the line whilst we waited to go in

NathanG

At Sheffield on Sunday we were asked for proof of vaccination status and the crowd was bigger than that….. not sure if it was everyone but at the away entrance they were being pretty diligent and frankly it didn’t hold things up as they were just coming down the line whilst we waited to go in
The young steward that asked me said not to worry if I didn't have it, he didn't care, he just had to ask because that's what he'd been told.

Wolfie

Thread starter #6
The young steward that asked me said not to worry if I didn't have it, he didn't care, he just had to ask because that's what he'd been told.
That's shocking yet unsurprising that it's being seen as more a ticking the box exercise than anything else!

JC23

In all honesty, I wasn’t even asked for proof. I had it ready, (double vaxxed, and negative LFT the morning of travel) but nobody asked at all. Just for tickets, and to check my girlfriends bag.

Gavevs88

Can't see us changing anything now, we have set our stall out and people would go nuts if we changed the rules now. But I do think we should have done this from the start. The club were probably worried about attendance numbers as it is, so didn't want to risk it any more.