Belfast Changes

The_Stick_

Thread starter #1
Belfast have announced the release of Chad Butcher. Also seen rumours of the returns of Josh Roach and JJ Piccinich. Seems as though they aren’t taking the weekends performances lightly

Pondlife

Belfast Telegraph Sport understands that Butcher’s departure is not in relation to the weekend's disastrous double-header defeat against the Manchester Storm and that the forward had already signalled his intention to leave the club last week.

While the Giants are currently active in the market to try and find additional help for the roster as they look to defend their Elite League title, it is believed that Hook is Butcher’s direct replacement and that any future arrivals will likely be at the expense of other players.

pjj365

Kevin Raine is leaving apparently too.
Don't think Raine is leaving but long term injury. He tweeted
A lot of incoming messages today.

My injury has seen a process of diligence and care facilitated by the @BelfastGiants of which I am so grateful. I am committed to my rehabilitation process as per the recommendations of medical experts.

“We ain’t finished.”

Much love,
Rainer

Finny

Colby McAuley is announced as also leaving Belfast with a replacement signed but yet unannounced.

No press release to expand on it and it's unclear whether this was his decision or the club's.

kingmo19.1

Colby McAuley is announced as also leaving Belfast with a replacement signed but yet unannounced.

No press release to expand on it and it's unclear whether this was his decision or the club's.
Bit surprised if he was gassed - been playing 4th line yet 6th in terms of points production in their forwards! 10pts in 17 league games.