Belfast = champions 2013/2014

Thread starter #1
We have just witnessed the champions for this season. With Nottingham losing a few key players the league is Belfast's for the taking...
On another note what has happened to our intro?! The one tonight was terrible, didn't get the fans going at all! And one last niggle, joe Myers couldn't have caught a cold tonight, hurry up and get fit soon lacosta.

It was hardly a performance to state Belfast will be champions.... It was only the third period that let us down when we couldn't get out of our own zone. Agree with the intro though its like going back 15 years and doesn't do it for me at all.

danhall76

daniboy23 said:
We have just witnessed the champions for this season. With Nottingham losing a few key players the league is Belfast's for the taking...
On another note what has happened to our intro?! The one tonight was terrible, didn't get the fans going at all! And one last niggle, joe Myers couldn't have caught a cold tonight, hurry up and get fit soon lacosta.
Did you have too much to drink at the game? Bit strong based on one game.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Left 5 mins early as need to get up for work and game was done but think overall we played very well. Myers did well considering, granted I'd like to have conceded less but with the team half playing/half covering goal until the 3rd we were in contention.
Myers is improved on last year. Though I'll be glad to see Lacosta back. Very glad!
I think with a for Lacosta that the team will be one to be reckoned with.

ASHIPP

It is early days but Giants looked like they could turn it up to the next level at any time tonight. They will be running Panthers all the way for the league title this year.

Ocko

Really? Because they scored a lot against a back up goalie with no experience of pro hockey or ENL for that matter. You cannot judge this early at the best of times let alone a team weakened so much in the most key area. Belfast will be there abouts but so will Sheffield, Nottingham and us.

Finny

For two periods there was nothing but the experience of the netminders between the two sides. In fact I would argue we had longer good spells than they did.
3rd period we came out looking like a team that had spent 24 hours on a coach and had nothing left to give. A couple of quick goals and that was it.

voth26

daniboy23 said:
Really!!! i'll have two pints of what your drinking granted they scored 7 past joe but we gave them four goals, i was wondering how long it would take for the fickle fans to start??? ITS THE SECOND GAME of a very long season and without joe we would be knackered

Thread starter #13
Travelling from Hereford to attend 90% of home games, hardly fickle...
Did not criticise the team, merely the keeper. The point is Belfast turned on the class when they wanted, reminiscent of a class team. Will be tough to beat.

daniboy23 said:
Disagree on all points. Personally didn't think Belfast looked that great.
Intros the old one which I actually quite like although believe there's a new one on the way. Guessing it'll be ready for next weekends game.
Joe Myers had a decent game overall & is much improved. Only started leaking goals last period when the team seemed to give up & left Joe out there on his own.

BostonBart22

PATHETIC.... not the team but mumbles and co. they couldnt even get the devils warm up tune playing when the devils came out for pre match warm up, nothing at all to get the crowd going, lot of music was well below normal volume, get paul back, you will see a big difference with atmosphere then. :x

Skippy

BostonBart22 said:
get paul back, you will see a big difference with atmosphere then. :x
So your suggesting that a change of announcer will get a good atmosphere going during a seven to two loss ? Really ?

BostonBart22

skippy said:
BostonBart22 said:
get paul back, you will see a big difference with atmosphere then. :x
So your suggesting that a change of announcer will get a good atmosphere going during a seven to two loss ? Really ?
regardless of the result, been to the 3 games now and the lead up to the actual game is just dour, whats happened to videos before the game, born free, fight fire with fire etc, i know its old stuff but better than nothing.