Belfast Away 9th October

Ger-Devils

Spatzy said:
http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/147843_cordia-serviced-apartments-belfast.aspx

might be an idea to have a look at the apartments above?
If 4 of us use it, £26 or so each. Not read it all. Only there for a night so a hotel would do me fine

If you are flying into George Best there's bus runs from the airport into the city centre regularly. It's then only a 10 minute walk from the city centre to the 'O'..

I have just spoken to Andy French of the elite league and he has comfirmed that our game in belfast on the 9th October will not change and does go ahead

Ger-Devils

gandl said:
I have just spoken to Andy French of the elite league and he has comfirmed that our game in belfast on the 9th October will not change and does go ahead
Thank <goodness>! You going?

I emailed him about it the other day but no response?

You can add another 2 to this now as well.

Just booked for us flying from Bristol 12.25 saturday to Belfast City and back home 2pm sunday so we're back in time for the evening game.

Possibily a few other lads coming as well if they stick to their word but theyre sorting their own flights and accomodation out so we could have a decent crowd there!

Im new to Belfast so how far is it from Belfast City airport to the centre of town/the rink? Is it worth me hiring a car? Im guessing not?
Are people booking tickets in advance for the match? Which blocks the away block?
Expect ill bump into a few of you in Bristol airport Saturday morning :)

Ger-Devils

57 so far!

Look out - Update for people regarding tickets, hopefully get final confirmation off all going by the weekend so I can order and let people know the prices.

Ivydrive said:
You can add another 2 to this now as well.

Just booked for us flying from Bristol 12.25 saturday to Belfast City and back home 2pm sunday so we're back in time for the evening game.

Possibily a few other lads coming as well if they stick to their word but theyre sorting their own flights and accomodation out so we could have a decent crowd there!

Im new to Belfast so how far is it from Belfast City airport to the centre of town/the rink? Is it worth me hiring a car? Im guessing not?
Are people booking tickets in advance for the match? Which blocks the away block?
Expect ill bump into a few of you in Bristol airport Saturday morning :)

city airport is roughly 20minutes in the taxi to the rink if not less, its all fairly cheep (was the last time we flew) think it cost somthing like a tenner, city is the closest out of the 2 :)

City Airport is 20 mins WALK to the rink about 5 mins in a car, there is a shuttle bus into town not sure how much it costs.
International is not far from Antrim and is about 20-30 mins drive into the city centre (pretty much the same as Bristol) there is also a shuttle bus which i think is about £5 return.

Wouldnt recommend car hire as your not really there long enough. If your staying in the centre of Belfast will take 5-10 mins to the O, but again if the weathers good its a nice walk with plenty of beer stops on the way.

If you need any other info PM me or just reply on this thread :cool:

Sorry to go slightly off topic but I'm well confused with this fixture situation. On the Devils website it only has our fixtures up to the end of September which I assumed was because of all the re-arrangements due to Hull dropping out before coming back in.

Is the situation that we'll end up with an entirely new fixture list once Hull have announced their fixtures, or are all the post-September games as per the original list barring the games being brought forward plus needing to add a couple of Hull games in??

Apologies if I'm being really stupid, but I was kind of hoping that I'd know by the first week of September when our home games are going to be for the rest of the season.

Finny

My guess is that most of the fixtures will stay the same, but there might be a couple of changes due to the fixtures we brought forward to this month, and we have to fit in a couple of games against Hull that we have now missed.

James

Administrator
ledgend777 said:
Sorry to go slightly off topic but I'm well confused with this fixture situation. On the Devils website it only has our fixtures up to the end of September which I assumed was because of all the re-arrangements due to Hull dropping out before coming back in.

Is the situation that we'll end up with an entirely new fixture list once Hull have announced their fixtures, or are all the post-September games as per the original list barring the games being brought forward plus needing to add a couple of Hull games in??

Apologies if I'm being really stupid, but I was kind of hoping that I'd know by the first week of September when our home games are going to be for the rest of the season.
I think that's correct. I don't have it with me but the Blaze programme from last night has all their games, home and away as confirmed in it so I can find out when all the Devils / Blaze games are for the rest of the year at least. If Blaze have all their own details I assume the other teams do too ?

DevilDom

James said:
ledgend777 said:

I think that's correct. I don't have it with me but the Blaze programme from last night has all their games, home and away as confirmed in it so I can find out when all the Devils / Blaze games are for the rest of the year at least. If Blaze have all their own details I assume the other teams do too ?
I feel a song coming on................... "always the last to know!"