Beflast lend Sheffield PR manchine

Nope not missing the point. Just hate this trash talking. My point was, Voth contributes very differently to McMorrow. Generally putting the puck in the net wins games. McMorrow intimidates players and yes he can fight. Yes Voth was quiet V Belfast, which I mentioned after the game but he reminds me of Cornish. Can't play or skate overly well but can fight.

mazza03

I think Voth has realised he is more use on the ice than in the bin. But if the team that turned up last Sunday turns up this week then we are in big trouble.

I have to agree that Voth seemed very quiet all night to the point I mentioned in the previous post a neutral certainly wouldn't have pointed him out as our 'enforcer'. I don't mean that in a way that Brad should drop the gloves when the goon calls, but a few clean but decent hits wouldn't have gone a miss - stepping up didn't need to result in being in the bin :)

The statement is over the top, but I feel its partly mind games to make his presence felt before the game is even underway?

James said:
If Belfast play like they did the other night with Hanson as a ref they will be on the PK all night.
Thank goodness its not Darnell again.
we were on pk all night on sunday :lol:

one thing ill say, hanson wont take the trash talking, but will allow big "oldskool" hits. i can see this going down as a classic old school physical battle. i hope the giants can walk the walk after talking the talk.

Finny

Not sure about Hanson calling everything. In several games I've seen him, he as let a lot go. Especially if he has an early flight the next day.

Sorry got to disagree with the points that McMorrow intimidated us, how could he do that from the bench? All he did was was mouth off, he was like a dripping tap - annoying

The fact we played badly and Voth had a quiet game can hardly be contributed to him. No one is that scared of the little oik.

I for one am glad Voth doesnt rise to it and as has been said prevously the guy can't win, he is castigated if he takes silly penalties and then criticised for not hitting enough. We all know he is a target so why should he put himself even more in the firing line just to shut up some gobby piece.

As for Mcmorrows comments, I was watching the live feed in the Belfast game and if he thinks what he and Voth did was fight he needs to ask Father Christmas for a dictionary so he can look up the meaning of the word.

i really do think mcmorrow is being given far too much credit than he actually deserves on this thread, he was on the bench most of the game. The devils played pretty poorly and now people are putting that down to mcmorrow, if the devils had been putting clean hits in then we would have spent most the game in the bin like the giants with darnell reffing. Its frustrating as hell but its nothing to do with mcmorrow imo.

Rempel16

cardiffdevil said:
Sorry got to disagree with the points that McMorrow intimidated us, how could he do that from the bench? All he did was was mouth off, he was like a dripping tap - annoying

The fact we played badly and Voth had a quiet game can hardly be contributed to him. No one is that scared of the little oik.

I for one am glad Voth doesnt rise to it and as has been said prevously the guy can't win, he is castigated if he takes silly penalties and then criticised for not hitting enough. We all know he is a target so why should he put himself even more in the firing line just to shut up some gobby piece.

As for Mcmorrows comments, I was watching the live feed in the Belfast game and if he thinks what he and Voth did was fight he needs to ask Father Christmas for a dictionary so he can look up the meaning of the word.
Is it just a general consensus that his lack of ice time is because he's pony as a player? He still had shifts when the score was tied and it was 5 on 5 even in the last 10 mins. His positioning in his own end is diabolical (or at least his failure to move when the d-man jumps in the play :D )

I am also glad Voth didn't rise to it on that occasion by dropping the gloves, but where was Voth's bone crunching hits? He is more than capable of intimidating teams by shaking the d-men up on the boards. I didn't see that once and for that reason only Mcmorrow did his job.

He is easily the best power forward in the league when he's on his game (Szwez ain't been here long enough yet) and a joy to watch when he has that fire in his eyes. But for me, i just get frustrated on nights like last Sunday and wonder whether our money would be better spent on a top Smith-esque player if Brad isn't going to play to his strengths.
(Trying to see it as neutrally as i can, Voth is my favourite player which is why it frustrates me when he doesn't own our barn on certain game nights)

Back to Mcmorrow, it is quite possible to intimidate from the bench, i remember Cam Janssen (i think) in an NHL game last season. He was on the bench and his goalie was run on the ice. He was straight down the bench, yelling at the other teams goalie.

The intimidation factor comes because the opposition knows that the player is going to come back on the ice eventually.

Anyways, seems there is a split over people's opinions so lets all just agree to disagree and unite to abuse him next time he visits the tent!!!!!

Ocko

How can anyone say McMorrow didnt have any impact on our players? We threw one big hit all game! Last week we were intimidated in our own rink and that should never happen, we won last Sunday but I left disappointed. McMorrow didnt get much ice time because Belfast were short handed the majority of the time, he's not a quality player at all but he does a job on the third line. There was a shift I remember from the game we lost in overtime at home a few weeks ago against Belfast where he hit everything that moved one shift, albeit a little late; the puck came to Romfo who looked up and seen McMorrow and threw the puck away as soon as possible which let them back in the game.

Wheres all this anti fighting and backing down when challenged from Devils come from all of a sudden anyway? Last season the whole of the tent was mocking Lewis for not fighting MacIver who in all honestly was a very poor player and not a fair swap to take to the box. Noone approved of what Lewis did, how is this different?

What ever happened to the code? Having been brought up in N.America watching some of the toughest, but fair players in the game. I loved being in Cardiff from near enough the beginning of the Devils I appreciated the way the game was played here but lately I have been left with a bitter taste. We have always had tough guys here who stood up for their team mates and didnt back down from anyone (Ware, Chinny, MacWilliam to name but a few) tough guys have always live by the code where they would oblige a challenge from another player because they would appreciated the fact that they would one day need to challenge on their terms. There was a mutual respect but that has diminished here. You only have to look at the McSorely and Brashear, Moore and Bertuzzi incidents to realise what happens when you dont rise to the challenge. I fear something like this may happen if we keep running from the tough guys.

Gazza272

Well Mcmorrow had the shortest shift i have EVER seen on Saturday night in Belfast, on for the Face off. Puck drops, Asks Voth, Voth says no and straight off. I think he would be lucky if it was 10 seconds on the ice, and after that he had two other shifts.

As for the Fight, As Soundwave said on a previous thread because Voth was warm and a little aggitated he handled Mcmorrow fine, landed two weak punches but didnt take any and then Mcmorrow just threw him down.

The problem with fighting Mcmorrow early is that both guys are cold, fighting him in the middle of the game he is rusty from all the splinters he has collected.

He is so happy with the lack of shifts though, while in the penalty box he was actually posing for pictures! I mean, it isnt the most proffessional attitude in the world, and its clear he is just a ticket seller and nothing more.