Beflast lend Sheffield PR manchine

Thread starter #1
I don't know what to say, I am trying to bring a little excitement to the game and Voth is too scared to drop the gloves with me after I embarassed him last time he was in Belfast," said McMorrow.

"All I ever heard about him before I got here was that he ran around every night in the Odyssey and ran our show. Well, there is a new Sheriff in town and that won't ever happen on my watch. Here is this big strong guy, quiet as a mouse now that I am here. He was the toughest guy in the league and now he is scared to drop the gloves with me, that's just embarassing. He better be up for it this weekend, or I will just go pick on someone else."

and all this from a guy who 5 shifts and ran when voth was on the ice yawwwwn !

wildthing74

Hardly ran from Voth.He spent the whole night mouthing off trying to instigate something.I do feel he is right.At the moment he IS the man.
Like it or not,nobody can get near him in this league.

See, I was always a bit of a McMorrow fan. Doesn't ice much but excellent at winding people up and not scared to drop the gloves. I know you can look at things two ways but never a dull game when we play Belfast. However my opions have now changed after reading that. What a fool! "Sheriff" McMorrow is worth taking no penalties for!

wildthing74 said:
Hardly ran from Voth.He spent the whole night mouthing off trying to instigate something.I do feel he is right.At the moment he IS the man.
Like it or not,nobody can get near him in this league.
He's no.1 no doubt, but Knight showed what's possible and IMO edged him over 2 fights in Hull. (This is a guy who lost to Derek Campbell the next week and got battered by Voth behind the benches)

If Voth (or whoever steps up) does fight him it has to be on our terms. McMorrow has fought every fight this year the way he wants - ie not a spir of the moment fight from a brawl or hit.

This is not Voth's strength, he's at his best when someone jumps him after a he's thrown a big hit and he loses his head.

We've got to go in to the O and throw some hits and outmuscle them. McMorrow will come and stand up for his team mates and that's when we should answer the call, not off a pre-arranged scrap. We just have to keep throwing hits. At the moment (Michel and Miller aside) we're not throwing hits perhaps because we know what the consequences will be.

This press-release might be a bit over the top, but it does show how highly the Giants organisation values him.

PS He's done a cracking job for Terry the next time Belfast visit. :D

I'm praying for a decent ref with balls tomorrow, or there might be a few nasty incidents.
My advice is let him wind himself up, do something stupid, get thrown out and we can play as we know we can, rather than getting sucked into their games and lose concentration like we did on Sunday. I think there will be a few people staying in and paying to watch tomorrows game lol....I on the other hand will be there in person lol ;) :lol:

GO DEVILS!!!!!!! SEE YOU AT THE AIRPORT TOMORROW!!!!!!! :D

drainage

devils2001uk said:
I don't know what to say, I am trying to bring a little excitement to the game and Voth is too scared to drop the gloves with me after I embarassed him last time he was in Belfast," said McMorrow.

"All I ever heard about him before I got here was that he ran around every night in the Odyssey and ran our show. Well, there is a new Sheriff in town and that won't ever happen on my watch. Here is this big strong guy, quiet as a mouse now that I am here. He was the toughest guy in the league and now he is scared to drop the gloves with me, that's just embarassing. He better be up for it this weekend, or I will just go pick on someone else."

Sorry but after last weeks showing am struggling to see the point of him ..... he iced rarely, didnt start anything or when he tried it failed and gobbed off from the bench for the duration. I dont see that as offering value .... maybe I am missing the point.

I for one am glad that Brad (or indeed anyone else) didnt get involved - we dont need to be in the bin for someone who iced probably 5 - 10 mins of a game. In my view Brads lack of impact on McMorrow is a plus - no shame in that !

James

Administrator
If Belfast play like they did the other night with Hanson as a ref they will be on the PK all night.
Thank goodness its not Darnell again.

I do like McMorrow though - he does his job of getting under the skin of the opposition very well. He is one hell of a classy fighter too - and fair play he takes all the banter from the opposition fans, but is all smiles at the end of the game - even if Belfast have lost.

Granted he is not up to much on the playing side - but he is a character and we are missing a lot of them in the league this year.

Lets just hope our Power Play unit can turn up tomorrow night eh - cos I have a feeling we may get a few PP chances ;-)

Rempel16

drainage said:
devils2001uk said:

Sorry but after last weeks showing am struggling to see the point of him ..... he iced rarely, didnt start anything or when he tried it failed and gobbed off from the bench for the duration. I dont see that as offering value .... maybe I am missing the point.

I for one am glad that Brad (or indeed anyone else) didnt get involved - we dont need to be in the bin for someone who iced probably 5 - 10 mins of a game. In my view Brads lack of impact on McMorrow is a plus - no shame in that !

Did you see that we were scared to touch the puck? That's what he offered. It's as good as skating round every Devils player and saying 'if you throw one single hit i'm gonna rip your head off'. It worked and only G and Miller stood up to anything.

But turn that lack of Brad's impact on Mcmorrow. What impact did Mcmorrow have on Brad? He basically made the best power forward in the league afraid to throw a check. So we might have got outta there with a lucky result, yet Mcmorrow neutralised Brad's presence significantly and know's he's going to own every game he plays against us. And that's despite only having 5 shifts (although to be fair that's only because he doesn't play pk and there were lots of pp chances for us)

The hardest thing to take from that article is that it might be slightly over the top, but in essence it's words are true.

All it'll take is a massive hit from Voth and then turn down Mcmorrow. It's only the lack of that big hit that;s stopping Voth from winning the battle.

Just to add...I don't see Mcmorrow throwing too many big hits as his skating probably isn't quite up to scratch, but what's to stop him just grabbing hold of one of our star forwards and instigating a fight? OK he might get chucked out (probably not for the entire game though), but with Szwez in the line-up the Giants may still feel it's worth it and lose Mcmorrow for 17mins?

It's certainly going to help boost the webcast figures...I've totally fallen for the hype! :lol:

Rempel 16 i completely disagree, our players are hardly "scared to touch the puck" thats a rubbish, sure they couldn't pull of a decent pass to save their lifes but they were quite happy to touch it.
Voth hasn't been throwing that many big hits in a lot of games this season, i dont think its got that much to do with mcmorrow and more to do with not wanting to be thrown in the bin. Voth cant win anymore, people want him to play becuase he can and is pretty damn good, yet he then gets called chicken and scared for not getting involved.

Rempel16

It's just an expression nmase!

The fact was we were bullied out of our rink, i haven't seen that since Payette in the Chavs grand slam year.

wildthing74

nmase20 said:
Rempel 16 i completely disagree, our players are hardly "scared to touch the puck" thats a rubbish, sure they couldn't pull of a decent pass to save their lifes but they were quite happy to touch it.
Voth hasn't been throwing that many big hits in a lot of games this season, i dont think its got that much to do with mcmorrow and more to do with not wanting to be thrown in the bin. Voth cant win anymore, people want him to play becuase he can and is pretty damn good, yet he then gets called chicken and scared for not getting involved.
I'm with Rempel16.He is right,the guy controlled the game.We were totally bullied into playing poorly.
Mcmorrow did a good job on us without having to drop the gloves.We were clearly holding back and you have to assume its down to McMorrow.

Yeah i'd go with the fact that he completely and utterly intimidated us, and i would say the only player to show any balls last week was Miller, not sure where all this about 'G' standing up came from, i think i may recall he did put one hit in over the 60 minutes, but if that constitutes standing up too them, then we really are in trouble.

What we need is for all 3 lines too come out, play hard, hit hard, McMorrow when he does ice then won't have a clue to go after, and will look even more stupid than he did last week, keeping the bench warm and continually spitting onto the ice, class!!!!!

We have to except were not going to beat him one on one, the guy is a class fighter, and we have to acknowledge this, what we need is a team toughness, not allow ourselves to be bullied, cos as many a supporter will know, when we start putting the hits in and start playing hockey, we can be unplayable.

We won last week, and we were lucky, if we have the same mental apporach tomorrow night, i cannot see us winning again.

This is not doom and gloom, this is just wanting to see the players have pride in the jersey and to honestly say when they leave the ice, they couldnt have given anymore.

drainage

[

Did you see that we were scared to touch the puck? That's what he offered. It's as good as skating round every Devils player and saying 'if you throw one single hit i'm gonna rip your head off'. It worked and only G and Miller stood up to anything sorry cant agree ... to be a threat to rip someones head off you have to be on ice - even if the hype was bought surely the lack of ice time from him was a clue it seemed to be wind and puff rather than threat ??

But turn that lack of Brad's impact on Mcmorrow. What impact did Mcmorrow have on Brad? He basically made the best power forward in the league afraid to throw a check. So we might have got outta there with a lucky result, yet Mcmorrow neutralised Brad's presence significantly and know's he's going to own every game he plays against us. And that's despite only having 5 shifts (although to be fair that's only because he doesn't play pk and there were lots of pp chances for us) Yes we were off form but not sure I can agree it was McMorrow who caused it - we'll see in future games I guess

The hardest thing to take from that article is that it might be slightly over the top, but in essence it's words are true.

All it'll take is a massive hit from Voth and then turn down Mcmorrow. It's only the lack of that big hit that;s stopping Voth from winning the battle.[/quote]

Finny

Why would the guys be scared of McMorrow? As far as I know - he hasn't jumped anyone or injured another player? Yes there was a bad check from behind on Adams but that IMO was down to his lack of ability than intent to injure.

The guys couldn't check because they were always being held and hooked - and those players that did try got an elbow to the head for their troubles - which wasn't called.

I would be gutted if we signed an out and out goon like McMorrow who brings nothing else to the team. If we had have been scared then Max wouldn't have covered Craze in ice like he did.

samidevils said:
Sean McMorrow Belfast P21 G1 A1 PTS2
Brad Voth Cardiff P14 G7 A9 PTS16

Which one would you prefer on your team?? 7 games less, 14 points more.
Thnk your missing the point, I'd take Brad every time, but can you honestly post on here he has been the same player in games against Belfast this season with McMorrow playing?